2009.02.26 London - O2 Arena 'The Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig' (England)

Started by dsanchez, November 04, 2008, 11:36:36

Previous topic - Next topic

terry

quoting Robert's words: it's hard to distill 30 years of career in  30 minutes...."

kissingcrimson

i'm hoping more standing tickets will be available on Monday
at the moment it seems like there aren't any available.

If I can get tickets..then I'll be one step closer to deciding if I can and how the hell
I'm going to make it there. :)

I really hope they play a usual length concert....but it seems they have several other supporting bands

hmm I don't really know any of the other bands..and I
would prefer if they didn't play.
Only Cure :)
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

crowbi_wan

Pre-sale tickets are available again through Ticketmaster. 

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/1200415F7D1A445E?did=uknmeps&brand=theo2

Nothing on the floor, but a few alright 100 level spots are coming up.  I'd imagine floor seats will be available once the general sale begins.  Get 'em quick, though.  They'll surely be gobbled up in no time at all.

btw, it says "under 16's not permitted in the standing area".  Is this common in London, Europe in general, the arena, or perhaps just for this event?  Sorry kids, but I like that rule.  :smth023

Dillinger

So, when do people think there will be more standing tickets on sale? On Monday?

I don't understand how this works, is it just a presale until Monday and then more tickets are being released or what?

OK, I understand now. It's currently a presale, but the general sale begins at 9am on Monday. Crowbi, are you sure that more standing will be released? I really, really don't want seats.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Dillinger on November 06, 2008, 10:57:57
Crowbi, are you sure that more standing will be released? I really, really don't want seats.

That's the way it normally works with Ticketmaster and presales in the U.S (it's an attempt to get more good seats to the fans instead of scalpers, though a password is always used).  I can't be sure about The U.K., but would assume only a portion of the standing tickets were sold during the pre. 

Dillinger

Thank you. That's how it works here too, including the password bit, that's what has thrown me off. I'll be skipping school on Monday to ensure my tickets  :smth023

Dillinger

sullen

yep, seats  : (

i totally forgot and overslept, was only pulling seats when i got to ticketmaster.

if anyone has one or two standing tickets to sell, let me know please!!!

DroidAKov

The 'no under 16s' in standing area is pretty common in the UK as a whole, can't speak for the whole of Europe though.  As its fair to assume this will be something of a Greatest Hits set(and half the length) I'll hold off until a proper 'Cure show'.  The L.A. thing sounds appealing actually....(*packs bags/toothbrush*)

Cure

[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

takaros72

cooky

Quote from: Cure on November 16, 2008, 11:57:53
anyone goin ??
david r u?

won't they play 4 @ least 2hrs ???

there going to do a town and country club show like before the great british weekend secret show .

crawley mite be

i was ther town and country show (picture show vid )

big hand ,away(cut),

show was a classic small club and the cure were awasome

sullen

Quote from: cooky on December 12, 2008, 02:11:00
Quote from: Cure on November 16, 2008, 11:57:53
anyone goin ??
david r u?

won't they play 4 @ least 2hrs ???

there going to do a town and country club show like before the great british weekend secret show .

crawley mite be

i was ther town and country show (picture show vid )

big hand ,away(cut),

show was a classic small club and the cure were awasome

that would be sweet.
would prob be even harder to get into than the troubadour gig tho!!!!

Cure

anyone goin??
maybe we could arrange sth about meetin all together outside, or goin somewhere all together after the gig..
it's a chance 4us 2 get 2 know each other..
i'm goin 4 sure..

david?? :)
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Cure

btw
is there any chance meetin the cure afterwards?
@ a club or sth??
or after the gig r they always headin home??
haha
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]