24 hours of live streaming improv and music to benefit Letters To Santa

Started by dsanchez, December 22, 2020, 21:58:19

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

More from Bob:

QuoteABOUT 24 HOUR IMPROV AND LETTERS TO SANTA
Every Christmas morning since 1995, Christmas letters are answered that are written by families desperate for a miracle.  We have showed up, unannounced, fulfilling each family's Christmas wishlist (typically food & clothes).  Additionally we bring a computer for every child in the house, a tablet for the head of household and enough cash to change the trajectory of their lives, no strings attached.  In 2020, we may not be able to hand deliver gifts however each family will receive this assistance.

​Most Letters To Santa funds are raised during one remarkable live benefit event that had been running annually since 2002 at the world-famous Second City comedy theater.  In 2020, the event will be entirely virtual.  24 Hour Improv is a 24-hour long improv and music marathon that relies on a cast of legendary musicians and the world's top improvisers.  24 Hour alumni include over 1000 improvisers and musicians including Jeff Tweedy (who has perfomed every 24 Hour for Letters To Santa), George Wendt, Tim Meadows, Fred Armisen, Natasha Lyonne, Jeff Garlin, Jason Sudeikis, Oliva Wilde, J Mascis, Martha Plimpton, Jack McBrayer, Yo La Tengo, Aidy Bryant, Bob Mould, Bush, The Breeders, Keegan-Michael Key, TJ Jagodowski, Veruca Salt, Steve Albini, Cecily Strong, Will Oldham, Chris Redd, Tami Sagher, Fred Schneider, Mike O'Brien, Nina Nastasia, Horation Sanz, Robbie Fulks, David Pasquesi, Sam Richardson, Tim Robinson, Melissa Villaseñor and many more...

https://www.24hourimprov.com/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

You see how far from civilisation I am?  I have vaguely heard of maybe four artists in that list (and probably have one of them mixed up with Thirteen from House MD), can tell you exactly one song title by one of them, and there's no way in the world I could stay awake for 24 hours!  :lol:

I'll just watch the three from home when you guys post the clip here.   :smth023
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo