tom cruise the holy man of scientology - he's hilarious(ly sad)

Started by japanesebaby, January 17, 2008, 23:19:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Janko

YOU KNOW, PEOPLE WANT TO BELIVE, TO BELONG, TO HAVE SOME SORT OF A MOTIVATION IN LIFE... AND THAT'LL ALWAYS BE A CHANCE FOR CROOKS! AND IF YOU FALL INTO THAT KIND OF SWINDLE - IT'S HUGELY YOUR OWN FAULT...

I HEARD THAT IN GERMANY SCIENTOLOGY IS NOT ALLOWED TO WORK AS "RELIGION"... WHICH IS A GOOD EXAMPLE HOW STATE CAN HOLD CONTROL OF THINGS...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

scatcat

had to refrain from posting about this subject...  :smth011

Buddhism is a way of life. it is accepting of other beliefs..

I have known myself Jehovah's Witnesses... it tears families apart if you do not obey the rules and marry accordingly..  :?
Most "organised" religions are based on " revelations"... that is Christianity.. on the resurrection of Jesus:
Islam, on the prophet Mohamed, and the story of the mount.
Mormons ( church of latter-day saints).. on the book of Mormons, and Joseph Smith finding a book of gold tablets.., take away these "miracles",  and the whole of the religion falls down.. tumbles..
People who need faith, may find it in religion. Either born into, or self-discovering.

Some organisations prey on those who have suffered, or are looking for answers in their life. Let them believe in whatever gives them strength.
The wars that have been fought over religion go back.. way back... the English have beheaded their own Kings and Queens over religion !!??
I don't believe in violence as a way of proving that one person's god is better than another's. History has proved that to try to make one religion more dominate than another.. is a catastrophe, for all.

I suppose it is part of our human nature, to worship the sun, the moon, the life force that exists, and give thanks to what we have, also asking questions like WHY? Why is there suffering? When we don't have the answers, we look to someone or something else.
If religion can provide a person with belief in life, and purpose, let it be.
I come from a mixture of Orthodox, Church of England, and a bit of catholicism. This does not define me, nor has it really left that much of an impression on me ( except the tantalising smell of incense ). Because I choose not to make it my life's mission. ;)

It is harder to look inwards, than for someone to give guidance.

I think the main thing that freaked me out about the Cruise video... was The Mission Impossible soundtrack in the background!!  :smth100

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

I think you will find that Scientology is not regarded as a "religion" per say in many countries, but rather an organisation...and whilst I agree that if people find some sort of comfort in any religion, that's their business, and I am sure there are just as many who do not feel that need... and I would be pretty correct that many of those who have chosen scientology have done so, as they are disallusioned with many "mainstream" religions, again, their choice... the statement " some organisations prey on those who have suffered or are looking for answers in their life" are two totally different things, to me... to prey on the weak and vunerable is disgusting, and infact, goes against what any decent human being would want to happen.."looking for answers in their life" is a fair comment, as many, many people need that, search for that, and probably most of us, at one time or another, may have that thought pass through our minds...
Scientology is so far removed from anything we call "religion", which to some, on the surface, looks pretty good... but, I have said my piece about it, from the experiences I personally had, and the increasingly demanding and possessive behaviour of a man I once knew who was heavily involved in this organisation...yes, let people choose, but by christ, I say BEWARE!

ps...to use Tom Cruise as their "spokesperson",whom comes across as being slightly unhinged, delivering his rantings with "Mission Impossible" playing in the background..well...kinda speaks volumes to me...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

CureCrusader

Quote from: Steve on January 18, 2008, 15:31:54
I thought scientology was sumfink to do wiv dissecting frogs & burning dangerous chemicals & stuff   :roll: ;)

:D :D :D :D  :smth023
It takes years to properly study Theology.  :roll:
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

japanesebaby

this just never ceases to amuse me :-D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0

however many times they delete it, it's always back on-line soon - thank god (hehe).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine