Have you had dreams about The Cure?

Started by dsanchez, September 24, 2012, 15:04:59

Previous topic - Next topic

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Yes I have, a very sad Cure dream. I somehow snuck into Robert's house while he was throwing a party, he had a pool and everything. The sitting area was set up like a college and all his friends and Mary (his wife) were there. After a while he started to go crazy and thought Simon was a chicken so he chased Simon into the pool before trying to eat him and many people had to stop him, and eventually he ended up in the hospital. Many people trudged up a long and steep path to go visit him in his room. As I walked by I could see them, many people, 100's or 1,000's walking just to get a last goodbye in to him. When it was my turn I went in and he asked me to sing some Cure songs with him, so we chatted a bit and then we did sing for a while. I left and then the next day I came back to see Robert escaping from his room, very week and frail walking down the path clutching onto his heart, before passing out, idek what happened after that because I woke up, but I woke up in tears after that dream.

tanyasmith

Awwww...Very sad indeed. I wonder if your dream is about something that could have happened in the past? I don't think we need to worry about Robert's sanity now. I actually think he's very sane after seeing him on tour in 2016. I just hope he gets into shape! Won't it be amazing to see Robert looking like he did in his prime? His skin looks great and if he just lost weight he'd be so healthy.

I dream about Robert somewhat often, but nothing unusual to share lately.

Here's a video I made in honor of his birthday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4l00tjVN2Y

Ulrich

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 25, 2018, 20:08:35... After a while he started to go crazy and thought Simon was a chicken so he chased Simon into the pool before trying to eat him

Maybe it was a similar dream that inspired Robert to write the lyrics to "A man inside my mouth"?  :o
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: tanyasmith on April 26, 2018, 01:28:44
Here's a video I made in honor of his birthday:

Nice video and I can feel how much you love The Cure! :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tanyasmith

Thank you!!! The Cure and the ocean are inseparable.

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: Ulrich on April 26, 2018, 10:18:58
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 25, 2018, 20:08:35... After a while he started to go crazy and thought Simon was a chicken so he chased Simon into the pool before trying to eat him

Maybe it was a similar dream that inspired Robert to write the lyrics to "A man inside my mouth"?  :o

LMAO  :rofl :rofl

Ulrich

Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on April 29, 2018, 05:32:27
Quote from: Ulrich on April 26, 2018, 10:18:58

LMAO  :rofl :rofl

No joke, in the book "10 imaginary years" Robert mentioned "Kyoto Song" was about a dream Mary had of "death in a pool" and another he had about "eating someone"!  :1f632:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

I dreamed of Robert last night. He was wearing the usual black shirt and black jeans. I was somewhere with other Cure fans and he came and he was like trying to find out who was the most loyal Cure fan among us.  Every person mentioned why they are huge fans, and of course I mentioned that I run curefans.com. When I said that, Robert looked at me and said "So you run it? I check it everyday..."

I was surprised (although I somehow knew he knows the forum very well). And then he came towards me and asked me since when I run it. I was so nervous that I forgot in which year curefans.com started. I also was trying to show him a proof of when it started, but couldn't figure out how. Later I figure out it would have been very simple to show him the first post date in the forum... But I was nervous as my idol was speaking to me.  In the end I think we were talking a lot, but most of the things of the dream I just forgot.

PS. I actually met Robert in person once, when he signed autographs outside his hotel in Lima http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=7571.msg759020#msg759020
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: dsanchez on July 24, 2018, 11:16:00
I dreamed of Robert last night. He was wearing the usual black shirt and black jeans. I was somewhere with other Cure fans and he came and he was like trying to find out who was the most loyal Cure fan among us.  Every person mentioned why they are huge fans, and of course I mentioned that I run curefans.com. When I said that, Robert looked at me and said "So you run it? I check it everyday..."

I was surprised (although I somehow knew he knows the forum very well). And then he came towards me and asked me since when I run it. I was so nervous that I forgot in which year curefans.com started. I also was trying to show him a proof of when it started, but couldn't figure out how. Later I figure out it would have been very simple to show him the first post date in the forum... But I was nervous as my idol was speaking to me.  In the end I think we were talking a lot, but most of the things of the dream I just forgot.

PS. I actually met Robert in person once, when he signed autographs outside his hotel in Lima http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=7571.msg759020#msg759020

...I love this!  Hmm, who knows what actually happened here?
Speculation time: a/ it was just a (very cool) dream.  B/ on some subtle realm you did meet RS.  C/ On some subtle realm you met a presence, who took the form of RS as this would be relevant for you.  D/ ....?

And the account of how you met was fantastic. I've also had the blessing of meeting Robert, and feel inspired by your writing to try put it into words, but still find it hard to do so after so many years.  I met him at the Sydney Reflections shows in 2011.  I met all the other band members who were at the Reflections shows too...and Simon even took a photo of me and Robert (at Robert's suggestion as I was having difficulties taking a selfie with a malfunctioning camera!  ...certainly not a time when you want a camera to be malfunctioning !!!!).   .
I was thankful to met them all, but was particularly keen to meet Robert and was really struck by what an amazing presence he has, and how humble and kind he was.  What a beautiful soul!

...hi everyone by the way (I've been away traveling for a while) .  ...hi there Chemicaloverload hope the Hyde Park concert was an awesome experience for you and your daughter !
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on July 24, 2018, 11:16:00
I dreamed of Robert last night.

Me too. I felt so empty inside last week, but this morning I woke up with a smile.
The whole scenery was an indoor performance. Red carpets and people everywhere
when he came to me. OMG...it's him! :o White shirt, black hair (a bit shorter than usual)...
it looked like he has just returned from southern France! And, unbelievably, he started a
small talk with me. We talked about this and that and continued our conversation in a small
group of fans. Everything was fine and easy, just like a summer dream... :happy
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

tanyasmith

I've had two dreams about The Cure and Robert Smith recently. First one: Robert was standing by the ocean, looking out, and I put my arm around his waist. Ahhhhhh. The second dream, last night The Cure was either recording or on tour. I think on tour because there was a tour bus involved. I felt a little heart pang of sadness because Robert was not being very visible. I wanted to connect with him, but it was seeming like he wasn't available for some reason or another. I got glimpses of sound checks, with him all made-up, wearing flirtatious smiles, but not being really deep, even though I could sense that he was just hiding his depth for publicity reasons.

I liked the dream where I was putting my arm around his waist better. :-)  :heart-eyes

tanyasmith

I was searching for the page where Dsanchez started a discussion on Cure dreams, but I couldn't find it, so here's a new topic page.

I dreamt last night that The Cure was at a ranch or farm, a place that was vast, mostly outdoors, and covered in hard dirt. They were playing part of the time, but mostly wandering around the ranch among thousands of fans, or in private quarters. I was trying to be near Robert Smith, and at times was, but then couldn't find him. At one point Simon came and talked to me. Then they were playing on a small stage and I didn't realize it at first, like I was looking for something other than a concert, but when I realized I should be paying attention and appreciating their music, I tried to. At some point I was holding a purple, suede cowboy kind of a hat, really cute, round and sturdy. It had some notes that Robert had written in it, but I didn't believe they were really his and I didn't recognize the writing.

Not sure what it all means, but I'm searching for that purple, suede hat to buy because it seems like it's going to be very comforting to wear! I know that purple is the color of the crown chakra, is associated with intelligence, with amethyst, and of course a hat is for wearing on the crown...So cool symbols. Maybe the writing I found in the hat is a symbol that Robert's writing.

Anybody else had any Cure dreams lately?

:heart-eyes Tanya

word_on_a_wing

I like your dream Tanya ! 🙂🙂🙂
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

chemicaloverload

Haha Tanya, you always have the coolest dreams about Robert. Sounds a bit like the mad hatters hat out of Alice in Wonderland!
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

tanyasmith

Yes, a purple hat was not something I was expecting to find, but finding one to wear just seems like a really good idea now. I think a wide-brimmed, kind of conventional hat in purple suede would be ideal. I found this one already. And it's second hand, so no animals have to be harmed:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/626657023/vintage-funky-head-n-home-purple-and?ref=cart

It was all purple in the dream, so I'm hoping to find one that's solid purple.