The Cure "40 Live Curaetion 25 + Anniversary" Deluxe Box Set

Started by dsanchez, August 05, 2019, 22:15:17

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

40 Live Curaetion 25 + Anniversary Deluxe (available on a 2 DVD / 4 CD set or a 2 Blu-ray / 4 CD set) will be released this October 18th! You can already pre-order:

40 Live Curaetion 25 + Anniversary [2 Blu-ray/4 CD][Deluxe Box Set]
40 Live Curaetion 25 + Anniversary [2 DVD/4 CD][Deluxe Box Set]

Quote"CURÆTION-25: From There To Here | From Here To There"

Captured on the tenth and final night of the 25th Meltdown Festival (curated by lead singer Robert Smith) at London's Royal Festival Hall in June 2018. Presented in HD with 5.1 surround sound, Smith, Simon Gallup, Jason Cooper, Roger O'Donnell, and Reeves Gabrels performed a song from each of their 13 studio albums in chronological order, displaying the evolution of The Cure's music live on stage. At the core of the set, they broke the cycle with some new, unreleased songs – offering a glimpse into the band's future – before retracing their steps with another song from each album, ending with "Boys Don't Cry."

Tracklisting:

Three Imaginary Boys
At Night
Other Voices
A Strange Day
Bananafishbones
A Night Like This
Like Cockatoos
Pictures Of You
High
Jupiter Crash
Us Or Them
It's Over
It Can Never Be The Same
Step Into The Light
The Hungry Ghost
alt.end
The Last Day Of Summer
Want
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Disintegration
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
Sinking
Shake Dog Shake
One Hundred Years
Primary
A Forest
Boys Don't Cry

ANNIVERSARY: 1978-2018 Live In Hyde Park London

Released in cinemas globally on the 11th July, ANNIVERSARY: 1978-2018 Live In Hyde Park London features the band's acclaimed 29-song, 135-minute anniversary concert. Filmed in one of London's Royal Parks to a crowd of 65,000 fans, The Cure presented a four-decade deep set on July 7, 2018, including "Just Like Heaven," "Lovesong," "High," and "The End Of The World." Adding to the experience, the band is back-dropped by giant screens displaying footage that complements the unique moods and emotive songwriting that established The Cure as pioneers of alternative rock. The result is a concert that Rolling Stone expressed shows the 'unique power in The Cure's live performance.'

Tracklisting:

Plainsong
Pictures of You
High
A Night Like This
The Walk
The End of the World
Lovesong
Push
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep
Play for Today
A Forest
Shake Dog Shake
Burn
Fascination Street
Never Enough
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
Disintegration
Lullaby
The Caterpillar
Friday I'm in Love
Close to Me
Why Can't I Be You?
Boys Don't Cry
Jumping Someone Else's Train
Grinding Halt
10:15 Saturday Night
Killing an Arab
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

Yes, I'm looking forward to this! Particularly the
cureation set, with a more interesting setlist. There is an upload on YT someone filmed of the whole show (over 2 videos). It seemed like a terrific show, and even though it wasn't pro-shot (which is usually what I'll only watch...fussy me :) I was hooked in watching the whole thing. Now just to wait a few more months :)
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Mez7000

Spotted this yesterday but still haven't seen anything in the UK Amazon store regarding preorder, I think the link is the US store. I'm so excited,
I WANT TO PREORDER NOWWWWWWWW!!!! 😠😠😠😠😠😠
21.07.89 - Birmingham NEC
19.01.91 - Great British Music Weekend, Wembley Arena
01.05.92 - St. Austell Coliseum
25.06.95 - Glastonbury
16.12.96 - Birmingham NEC

...still too few times and far too long since the last gig!

Ulrich

Article (includes a short trailer):
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/the-cure-40th-anniversary-concert-films-869404/

QuoteThe Cure marked their 40th anniversary in 2018 with a pair of unique shows in London: One where they went through their catalogue chronologically for a small audience of die-hards, and another where they played a lengthy, career-spanning set to a massive crowd in Hyde Park. Both concerts were filmed and will be released this fall as 40 Live – Curætion-25 + Anniversary, a box set that will come in a variety of configurations.

The former concert, dubbed Curætion-25: From There to Here / From Here to There, features the band playing a spiraling set list that starts with one of their earliest songs and boasts a song from each album up through their most current release, 2008's 4:13 Dream. The Cure also played a pair of previously unreleased songs and then worked their way backwards to "Boys Don't Cry." The performance was part of the 25th annual Meltdown Festival at the Royal Festival Hall last June. The video features HD picture and 5.1 surround sound.

Trust...

THE CURE 40 LIVE - CURÆTION-25 + ANNIVERSARY is out on 18th October and available to pre-order now
from the original site www.thecure.com and https://www.eagle-rock.com/the-cure-40

I already ordered mine  :happy
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Trailer

Ulrich

I had to edit above post, as it was not the trailer, just an advert. (Now corrected.)

dsanchez already shared this (but I think it's good to have a topic in "news" as well!):
http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=9199.0

Trust...

Quote from: Ulrich on August 09, 2019, 18:26:27I had to edit above post, as it was not the trailer, just an advert.

dsanchez already shared this (but I think it's good to have a topic in "news" as well!):
http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=9199.0

Oh sorry thanks Ulrich 😏

Ulrich

No probs, I put in the trailer above, plus here's another one:

Ulrich

the thread of a dream

It looks fabulous and has so much in it, just a little expensive for me... I think I'll hold out for the new record! (So excited!!!)
☆Slit the cats like cheese!
Then eat the sweet sticky things! ☆

tzare

Still currently unavailable to preorder from Amazon Spain.
I can buy it from universal store, but 20€ for shipping..wtf

Mez7000

Happiness is...when Amazon message you to tell you that your Cureation box set has been despatched and will arrive tomorrow!

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆 (Any chance of a Bob Smith emoji!)
21.07.89 - Birmingham NEC
19.01.91 - Great British Music Weekend, Wembley Arena
01.05.92 - St. Austell Coliseum
25.06.95 - Glastonbury
16.12.96 - Birmingham NEC

...still too few times and far too long since the last gig!

word_on_a_wing

‪I don't own a Blu-Ray player so was going to get this on DVD.  Due to the insane postage I decided to wait until the release date and go buy it in-store.  There's a store here in Australia called jbhifi that would be selling it (or so I thought).‬
‪To my surprise it wasn't there, only the Blu-Ray was.  I inquired, asking if the DVD can be ordered in and they looked into it, told me "it was not released on DVD in Australia"‬
‪So Australia is not getting DVD release?  (ie zone 4 DVD)‬
‪I don't know who made that call (Eagle Rock Entertainment? Or The Cure?) but it seems surprising, and means many people will be unable to buy a copy they can watch.‬
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."