2008.05.19 Kansas City - Starlight Theatre (USA)

Started by dsanchez, September 13, 2007, 16:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

carycameron

A new opening song....this is a pleasant surprise!
He didn't announce the song name?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: carycameron on May 20, 2008, 03:58:23
He didn't announce the song name?

Nope.  j said he check the setlist after the show to see what the title is.

rodney

COF is now saying that the station is just going to play a block of Cure songs after the show.  Not sure if there's reason to stay up or not.....

dsanchez

Quote from: Plainsong on May 20, 2008, 03:58:10
Poor Robert! That's the thing with colds--you may feel better but your voice can take a while to return to full strength. Drink that tea, Robert!

I think the best for Robert's health would be to reduce the show time to two hours, honestly. But if he wants to continue up to three hours, a "Carnave visors + lostwishes + big hand instrumental" set would fit just perfect in this context.

Of course this will never happen...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Beachy

Quote from: dsanchez on May 20, 2008, 04:41:59
Quote from: Plainsong on May 20, 2008, 03:58:10
Poor Robert! That's the thing with colds--you may feel better but your voice can take a while to return to full strength. Drink that tea, Robert!

I think the best for Robert's health would be to reduce the show time to two hours, honestly. But if he wants to continue up to three hours, a "Carnave visors + lostwishes + big hand instrumental" set would fit just perfect in this context.

Of course this will never happen...

I was just thinking that.

crowbi_wan

crowbi_wan

j said no setlists could be given out and the sound guy wouldn't give the name of the first or last song  :?

j

I spoke with the sound guy at Rosemont and asked him to save me a copy of the setlist tonight.  When I went up to him, he said that he wasn't allowed to give out the list anymore.  I asked him if he could at least give me the title of the first and last song of the mainset, and he said that he wasn't allowed to give out the name yet.  Maybe they haven't officially been named?  He did say that they would most likely be opening and closing the mainset with those 2 songs for a while.

I have to say that Robert sounded horrible, but he did plug right through.  He apologized many times, and even said that "in 30 years of singing, I've never had a throat like this". 

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 20, 2008, 05:43:43
Thanks to j for the updates.  :smth023

...and many thanks to crowbi_wan for being the recipient of my millions of texts throughout the shows!!!

j

Robert apologizing tonight for his voice, right before playing If Only Tonight We Could Sleep:

http://www.alettertoelise.org/R09_0005.wav

japanesebaby

thanks j for another tireless live coverage  :smth023

too bad about robert's voice... i hope it's something temporary.
makes me wonder if they'd really choose to broadcast this show (radio/web) if he had all these voice problems - at least i'd be surprised if they did.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

I wonder if that is why it wasn't broadcast.  He literally sounded like shit!

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 20, 2008, 03:02:26
Quote from: dsanchez on May 20, 2008, 02:16:09
Quote from: Beachy on May 20, 2008, 02:05:28
If somebody with a curefans.com shirt crosses paths with someone wearing a mfc shirt will there be a gang war?  ;)

Hahaha... good question :twisted:

I think crowbi_wan can answer this one better :P

Nah, those guys are safe.  Can't say the same for any wearing a curetrade shirt, though.  :twisted:

you mean a jay leno t-shirt?  :lol:

(simple copycats, all of them... )

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 20, 2008, 07:27:21
If somebody with a curefans.com shirt crosses paths with someone wearing a mfc shirt will there be a gang war?  ;)

Nah, those guys are safe.  Can't say the same for any wearing a curetrade shirt, though.  :twisted:

Yep, that's the one.  Leno and his three string guitar.  :smth042

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 20, 2008, 07:33:01
Quote from: japanesebaby on May 20, 2008, 07:27:21

Yep, that's the one.  Leno and his three string guitar.  :smth042

:o