Unreleased Bloodflowers sessions tracks

Started by nausearockpig, April 02, 2006, 07:34:20

Previous topic - Next topic

nausearockpig

i was just looking around www.cure-concerts.de and came across these songs:

you're so happy! unreleased song from 'Bloodflowers' recording -
heavy world unreleased song from 'Bloodflowers' recording -
everything forever unreleased song from 'Bloodflowers' recording -

anyone have any info or better yet, copies to share?

i've heard a version of You're So Happy but apparently this wasn't done by the cure??

J

tigermilk

hey buddy, i haven't heard these songs but i have heard a song called 'spilt milk' from the bloodflowers sessions. i was a really cool song, but i don't have a copy :( i heard it on a friends computer years ago. i hope that all of these tracks are on the deluxe edition when it finally comes out.

splitmilk34

I've never heard of these songs... but my interest is piqued.  I hope someone has them...
"... sleeping less every night"

tigermilk

Quote from: splitmilk34 on February 15, 2008, 20:17:57
I've never heard of these songs... but my interest is piqued.  I hope someone has them...

see if this works

http://www.crwebsites.com/cure/audio.html

do not unzip the file, just rename it as a mp3.

iwannashagsimon

Never heard of any of those songs either.  But the words for "You're So Happy!" used to be on The Cure's site.

"YOU'RE SO HAPPY (YOU COULD KILL ME!)

SO YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
BUT YOU'LL TRY ONE JUST THE SAME
yeah I KNOW YOU CAN LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT
YOU'RE JUST PLAYING A GAME...
AGAIN

oh YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FAMOUSLY STUPID
BUT YOU'LL LIVE IT FOR A WHILE
oh I KNOW YOU'RE ONLY DOING THAT IRONY THING
WHEN YOU SMILE BUT DON'T SMILE...

YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE IS
DON'T CARE WHAT THEY DO OR THEY SAY
YOU LIVE YOUR OWN LIFE IN YOUR OWN TIME
AND IN YOUR OWN DEAD INDIFFERENT WAY

yeah... in your own time...

NO YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT THE FABULOUS IN THINGS
BUT YOU'LL BE ONE JUST IN CASE
yeah I KNOW YOU CAN TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT
YOU'RE JUST HAVING A TASTE...

DON'T GIVE A f*ck ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE IS
DON'T GIVE A f*ck WHAT THEY DO OR THEY SAY
yeah YOU ARE AS YOU FEEL IN YOUR OWN TIME
AND IN YOUR OWN DEAD INDIFFERENT WAY
AND YOU WILL SWEAR ON ANY LIFE BUT YOUR OWN
THAT YOU'RE HAPPY! HAPPY HOW IT ALL IS...
AT LEAST IT'S THE WAY THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD THINK
THAT YOU THINK ABOUT ANY OF THIS

ABOUT ANY OF THIS... yeah... and it's so much more than you ever need...

AND YOU WILL SWEAR ON ANY LIE BUT YOUR OWN
THAT YOU'RE HAPPY! HAPPY HOW IT ALL IS...
AT LEAST IT'S THE WAY THAT YOU THINK I SHOULD THINK
THAT YOU THINK ABOUT ANY OF THIS...

YOU'RE SO... HAPPY yeah!
YOU'RE SO... HAPPY yeah!
YOU'RE SO... HAPPY yeah!
YOU'RE SO... HAPPY yeah!

SO HAPPY... YOU COULD KILL ME!"

Perhaps it's a song that will show up on the new album or as a b-side.

nausearockpig

From memory the rumor was that both Spilt Milk and You're So Happy were available as downloads from thecure.com when bloodflowers war realesed..i've got a version of YSH that's apparently from a tribute album \. the album name or performer name has something to do with "Pink Pig" not sure about all that though...

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: nausearockpig on February 16, 2008, 08:11:12
From memory the rumor was that both Spilt Milk and You're So Happy were available as downloads from thecure.com when bloodflowers war realesed..i've got a version of YSH that's apparently from a tribute album \. the album name or performer name has something to do with "Pink Pig" not sure about all that though...

The "Pink Pig" project was just some idea some guy had.  I guess he wanted Cure fans to cover every single song the band ever recorded. So he asked folks on the internet to pick a song and make a recording of it. (Think the end result was a 6 disc set!)

If I'm not mistaken "Pink Pig 2" was/is in the works to cover the songs recorded after the first one.

Official PP site:  http://www.pinkpig.com.ar/homeen.html

PP Myspace:  http://www.myspace.com/pinkpigproject

Rickenbacker4003

I don't know of many but I have Spilt Milk and Coming Up downloaded.  How many unreleased tracks from Bloodflowers are there?
"You're dying for the hope is gone, from here we go nowhere again."

nausearockpig

BF has 9 tracks. the Australian and Japanese versions have Coming Up as an extra track as number six I think.. Spilt Milk is def not an album track..

Oso Blanco

Spilt Milk was available as an official download when you bought your copy of Bloodflowers from a certain webshop, I forgot which one.

Heavy World, Everything Forever and You're So Happy have never been available in any form. You might want to check out the "Lost Flowers" demos, though. Five of them were unkown songs at the time they surfaced. One of those turned out to be "Just Say Yes", so that leaves four still untitled tracks.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

nausearockpig

interesting theory Oso Blanco.. i wonder if we'll get the chance to test that out when the remaster of BF hits the shelves... if it's coming that is.... :?

lostflower4

Quote from: Oso Blanco on February 26, 2008, 11:41:23Heavy World, Everything Forever and You're So Happy have never been available in any form. You might want to check out the "Lost Flowers" demos, though. Five of them were unkown songs at the time they surfaced. One of those turned out to be "Just Say Yes", so that leaves four still untitled tracks.

Yes, and of course "Possession" was released on Join the Dots.

I'd imagine that some of the "Lost Flowers" demos correlate to Heavy World or Everything Forever, but I have no proof of this. And even if they were, they're surely not the finished versions.

Actually, I named myself after Lost Flower 4 (or Lost Flower 3, depending on how you count those demo tracks after "Just Say Yes" became known) â€" so maybe I'll have to update my name if I ever realize what it really stands for.  :lol:

Oso Blanco

Possession was a big disappointment, though. It was nothing like the "Lost Flowers", which I consider to be much superior to the final product "Bloodflowers". I wish they would release all their studio demos as full length CDs ... they are much more fun than the polished-to-death album versions.

If I could have a bet on which song is "You're So Happy", I'd say it's Lost Flower 3 ... because it sounds so happy, I could kill you! It's a great instrumental, anyway.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

Ramsua

hi i have just say yes, heavy world and everything forever, if you don't bealive me check out my space in youtube.com and write RAMSUA...and enjoy them..bye...

Erik

Spilt milk is an awesome track,  one of their best.  awhile ago Ching Chang Chong surfaced too,  which is an early version of Spilt Milk (not sure if it is one of the Lost Flowers)

I thought I remebered that at the time,  there wer actually 10 or 12 Lost Flowers tracks,  and that some have been impossible to find.  Anybody recallt his more accurately than I can?
Erik