The Cure announce USA tour for 2016

Started by Ulrich, October 06, 2015, 13:58:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Out of the blue (just when I thought there'll be no Cure news this year any more), we get a major news update!  :o

http://www.thecure.com/news/3203/the_cure_will_be_playing_a_25_date_tour_of_north_america_in_2016

QuoteTHE CURE WILL BE PLAYING A 25 DATE TOUR OF NORTH AMERICA IN 2016, WITH SCOTTISH BAND THE TWILIGHT SAD AS SUPPORT - THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL LOS ANGELES MAY 22ND, UIC PAVILION CHICAGO JUNE 10TH AND MADISON SQUARE GARDEN NEW YORK CITY JUNE 18TH ARE THE FIRST THREE DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED - FULL DETAILS OF ALL SHOWS WILL BE REVEALED JANUARY 2016...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Lady

:smth023 :smth023 :rocker :smth041 :smth035 :smth035

Let's pray for the european leg....  ;) :smth007
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Liza80

I just saw this on their FB page and had to read it three times to believe it! I am really going to try to get to the Chicago show (I live in Kansas City).

So happy right now!

Liza

madspark

Hope to go to the Los Angeles date. More dates to come in January?  Maybe they can come back to Bottlerock in Napa to finish WCIBY & Boys Don't Cru encore :D  :smth020
Shows Of A Lost World Tour 2023
2023.06.18 Boston, MA Xfinity Center (USA)
2023.06.20 New York, NY Madison Square Garden (USA)

Ulrich

While I'm skeptic about any new stuff, there is still some hope left that they might have a new album (or EP or...) finished until this tour is going to start!

revolt_again

It's good to finally have official news from the band after so many months... However, not as great news as one would expect, because I think this is going to be a greatest hits (sort of) tour. And why?

It's not probable it's going to be the promised Trilogy tour, since this has too many dates (25). It's also not probable this is going to be a tour to promote a new album, since the band members have been too busy with their own personal projects to be able to compose / record a new album. Also, if this was an album tour it would be a world one, not just North America, right?

Ulrich

Quote from: revolt_again on October 07, 2015, 14:03:58
... also not probable this is going to be a tour to promote a new album, since the band members have been too busy with their own personal projects to be able to compose / record a new album. Also, if this was an album tour it would be a world one, not just North America, right?

Well, your guess is as good as ours!

While this has been announced as a US tour, there is still a (slight) possibility of tour dates in other countries / on other continents. Also, this year still has almost 3 months left, which (in theory) could be used for recordings (as well as the first few months of 2016)... you never know...

dsanchez

At last some news! Sadly, no European dates in the horizon. I wonder what Bob has planed? The flyer reminds me a lot of 4:13 Dream (but hopefully they won't play many songs of that album). As for the support band, never heard of them.

When was the last time The Cure toured so many dates in a continent? 25 dates seem quite a lot.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: revolt_again on October 07, 2015, 14:03:58However, not as great news as one would expect, because I think this is going to be a greatest hits (sort of) tour. And why?
Yes indeed.I could only point out some vague ideas ten months earlier
(What are your Cure hopes for 2015?).No one expected that tour,even committed US fans.
I believe the main objective is to promote The Twilight Sad in the US.I can't see another reason
so far,though I know The Cure is always good for surprises.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Update from the official site:
QuoteDUE TO AN OVERWHELMING DEMAND FOR TICKETS, THE CURE HAS ADDED A SECOND NIGHT AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL LOS ANGELES MONDAY 23RD MAY 2016

PRESALE WILL TAKE PLACE THURSDAY 8TH OCTOBER AT 10AM PST

Quote from: dsanchez on October 07, 2015, 19:03:52
As for the support band, never heard of them.

Ahem, maybe you should look at the "news" here in this forum from time to time!  ;)

http://curefans.com/curenews/robert-smith-covers-the-twilight-sad-'it-never-was-the-same'/

Violator

Was anyone able to get a spare ticket for the first Hollywood Bowl show?

Ulrich

Another update:
QuoteDUE TO AN OVERWHELMING DEMAND FOR TICKETS, THE CURE HAS ADDED A SECOND NIGHT AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN SUNDAY 19TH JUNE 2016
http://www.thecure.com/news/3209/second_nyc_cure__show_added_sunday_19th_june_2016

Ulrich

Quote from: Violator on October 09, 2015, 05:07:01
Was anyone able to get a spare ticket for the first Hollywood Bowl show?

I think the general sale has only just started this morning:
http://craigjparker.blogspot.it/2015/10/nyc-1-2-chicago-la-1-2-on-sale-today.html

cheyler

Don't care if it's a Trilogy show or a 'Hits' tour or what.  Just Yahoo!!!!  First chance to see them since 1992, of course they'll be a little different...  I've seen photos promoting the tour, photos of the 2008 band, of the 2004 band, has there been a line-up change?  I know there hasn't, but you'd think there'd be some sort of announcement as to who is in the band at this time.  I know Robert doesn't really care what the press knows or thinks, the fans are generally knowledgeable (generally...).  Looking forward to having a chance to see a show (after such a looooooooooooooong time).

Ulrich

QuoteDUE TO AN UNREAL DEMAND FOR TICKETS, THE CURE HAS ADDED A THIRD (AND FINAL) NIGHT AT THE HOLLYWOOD BOWL LOS ANGELES TUESDAY 24TH MAY 2016

http://www.thecure.com/news/3211/third_la_cure_show_added_tuesday_may_24th_2016

From Facebook:
QuoteTHANKS FOR THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE TO THE SHOW ANNOUNCEMENTS SO FAR!

WE ARE STILL FINAL ROUTING THE DATES... SETTING TICKET PRICES... AGREEING DEALS...

ADDING THESE EXTRA NYC AND LA SHOWS HAS MEANT A BIT OF CHOPPING AND CHANGING...

ALL BEING WELL, WE WILL POST A LIST OF INTENDED CITIES SOMETIME NEXT WEEK - BUT WE PROBABLY WONT BE IN A POSITION TO ANNOUNCE A FULL LIST OF ACTUAL SHOW DATES FOR A WHILE YET...

ONWARDS...
https://www.facebook.com/thecure/posts/10153077522546402