Question about the Lullaby Single

Started by Whiskers, June 20, 2011, 20:46:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiskers

For a couple of years now I've had a copy of the single for "Lullaby" on CD, and one thing that's always bothered me is that all of the info on it that I can find says that it came out in April 1989, yet it has two live songs ("Homesick" and "Untitled") from The Cure's shows in Wembley Arena of that same year, in June. So my question is... do The Cure have a time machine?

dsanchez

According to discogs.com, the "Lullaby" CD does not contains the songs you're talking about:

http://www.discogs.com/Cure-Lullaby/release/163685

What's the code's catalog of the CD you own?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tof

I have this CD with Homesick and Untitled LIVE ...

Tof

Whiskers

Quote from: Tof on June 21, 2011, 10:56:15
I have this CD with Homesick and Untitled LIVE ...

Yeah, that's the one I have

Matti

A clarification from the library:

QuoteLullaby
USA
Elektra did not release "Lullaby" in the USA until several months later than the UK. As "Babble" and "Out Of Mind" had  previously appeared as B sides on "Fascination Street", live versions of "Homesick" and "Untitled" feature as B side tracks. (...)

CD (966664-2) "Lullaby", "Lullaby" (extended), "Homesick" (Live) and "Untitled" (Live)

Butler, Daren: The Cure on Record (p. 95). Omnibus Press 1995
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

Whiskers

Quote from: Matti on June 22, 2011, 08:36:43
A clarification from the library:

QuoteLullaby
USA
Elektra did not release "Lullaby" in the USA until several months later than the UK. As "Babble" and "Out Of Mind" had  previously appeared as B sides on "Fascination Street", live versions of "Homesick" and "Untitled" feature as B side tracks. (...)

CD (966664-2) "Lullaby", "Lullaby" (extended), "Homesick" (Live) and "Untitled" (Live)

Butler, Daren: The Cure on Record (p. 95). Omnibus Press 1995

Any word on when the actual release date was?

Matti

and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream