Drop Dead Festival 2008

Started by nosigner, June 11, 2008, 05:15:12

Previous topic - Next topic

nosigner

FOR MORE INFO:

http://www.nydecay.com/community/

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=57790911

Many more bands still to come, beside the ones that are already confirmed.

---------------------------------------------------
Press Release 1

ATTN: Music/Lifestyle Editor
Drop Dead Festival News Release
May, 2008
For Immediate Release
Polina Yakovleva
Festival Organizer
dropdeadfestival@gmail.com

The largest Gothic- Punk Post-Punk Festival in the world selects Lisbon, Portugal for 2008!

Drop Dead Festival, the largest deathrock, gothic punk music festival in the world hits Lisbon, Portugal in 2008. Lisbon was chosen as the location for the festival in 2008 for its outstanding beauty, great music and art atmosphere, an ideal location connecting the West and Europe. The festival will take place over 5 days, through October 8-12 and will include the best new and the established acts of the gothic, batcave, deathrock, punk, wave, psychobilly, and horror related genres of music.

Drop Dead Festival started 6 years ago in the legendary New York City club CBGBs. Initially filling a void for USA underground music festivals, Drop Dead quickly became the world's biggest and most important festival championing an eclectic collection of independent gothic punk, post punk and weird wave music, moving to Europe in 2007. With more press attention and more fans flying in from all over the world, the festival grew to be a 5 day event which included multiple clubs and an international lineup of bands, as well as international DJs and promoters. One of the biggest ongoing goals of the festival is to actively help, create and support the existing international DIY network of clubs, bookers, bands and DJ's.

Drop Dead Festival has hosted hundreds of the best, brightest and most interesting new and old bands including German diva Nina Hagen, new wave shining stars Lene Lovich and Mona Mur, UK's psychobillys legends The Quakes and Coffin Nails, gothic legends Sex Gang Children and Ausgang, and anarcho punk originals Rubella Ballet. The festival is also famous for special events like a DIY punk jacket showcase, movie screenings such as the cult classic Forbidden Zone (complete with question and answers with director Richard Elfman), giveaways from underground artists and companies, a large vending bazaar, and much more.

For most fans attending the Drop Dead Festival every year from every corner of the world, this is not just the place to discover music and meet friends; it's the best, craziest party of the year.

Although Drop Dead Festival is an international event, this year's unique location is a perfect chance to immerse in local music and attractions. The festival kicks off on October 8 right outside of Lisbon at one of Portugal's world famous beaches, returns to Lisbon for October 9, 10, 11, and finishes at the beach on October 12. Festival organizers are collaborating with the local music production team Lisbon Decay and will also showcase music from Portugal and Spain throughout the festival. This event will give the rest of the world a wonderful opportunity to enjoy and learn about Portugal as well as experience its rich musical culture.

More then just a show, Drop Dead Festival is a unique gathering of tribes with many activities in store. Attendees (many from opposite sides of the globe) look forward all year to this celebration of music, and Drop Dead does not disappoint. In addition to fantastic bands, many other events are planned: movie screenings, a beach luau and barbecue, workshops, all-night dance clubs with international DJs, meet and greets with the bands, and daytrips and sightseeing of magical Lisbon and its surroundings.

The gothic- punk movement is visually stunning and musically eclectic; it combines the best and most exciting underground genres. To get a taste of what is attracting fans from all over the world visit www.dropdeadfestival.com, and we will see you in Portugal for Drop Dead Festival VI!

"looking for love in a trashcan"

Cold

you and your taste in music  :-D

who knows, maybe I join you there...or maybe a visit during the summer to the north? :smth023

nosigner

:-D

i would like to hit summercase festival near madrid.
i still don't know if i'll have many vacations days this summer.... but who cares about it anyway when the closest beach is @ 20min driving?  :smth077
"looking for love in a trashcan"

Cold

Quote from: nosigner on June 11, 2008, 16:03:39
:-D

i would like to hit summercase festival near madrid.
i still don't know if i'll have many vacations days this summer.... but who cares about it anyway when the closest beach is @ 20min driving?  :smth077

maybe for Interpol that Summercase is worth...we'll talk  8)

keep me updated about your free days, maybe we can arrange something and make a little visit to the guys up in the cold north, uh?