2008.03.16 Oberhausen - Konig-Pilsner Arena (Germany) *Sold out*

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:49:50

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

And my one week trip is over.

I met so awesome people in all this way. Its like Tof said, you just know them by the Internet but you feel like they are a family. Right now I write from an Internet Cafe in Dusseldorf airport, waiting for my connection to Vienna, where then I have to take a train to Slovakia.

I have so many things to write about but just a bit about Oberhausen: I thought I would miss the concert cause my plane from Paris was delayed and I arrived to Dusseldorf a bit late and then I took the train to Oberhausen where I was supposed to meet silversand at the hotel (she had my ticket) but she was already gone cause I was late. But the woman from the hostel was soooooo lovely that she saw me so stressed and drove me to the concert itself!

So there I asked one girl if I could use her cellphone to contact silversand, and hopefully I met her. She was together with cureconnections.com webmaster, Christian. We had a loong chat and some beers also with his friend (whose nickname I dont know how to write at this moment) :smth023

Then we went to the concert. Ive got some seat places and honestly I will never buy seat places again :D Its really hard to watch such a powerful band live seated.

And there appeared again. The best band of the planet. Similar setlist we all know, but with te fabulous inclusion of the Figurehead ant The baby screams. My favourite song, Push, was really spoiled with those non-sense sequences. Such a wonderful song does not need any further arrangements in my opinion. The drums in the beginning of Boys dont cry were not necesary too, I think (for some moment I even didnt recognize the song), and the keyboards are really missing on WCIBY. I guess some songs should stay like they were created.

In the other hand, very good versions (as in all this tour) from Lullaby, Wrong Number and the Baby Screams. And once again, A forest proved to be the higlight of the concert (as it was in Paris). People was really mad during this song. An special mention for The figurehead, that was really a nice suprise yesterday.

Comparing both the crowd in Paris and Oberhausen, the people in Paris was totally insane (which I personally love). In Oberhausen the people was too much static in my view. I was hoping for more crazyness and screams but this not much happened (and actually I could see all the crowd cause I was seating).

Well, the time really flies. After the concert with meet again with silversand and Christian, a bit chat and then we went back to the hotel. I woke up early morning to come to the airport and here I am. This dream ends.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

frog_s

wow,

Sounds great!!! Good you made it even though there was a delay! Hope to hear some recordings soon too,

anyone recorded this show?

Cheers

CureCrusader

you know, after reading david's post, I can't help but remember the melbourne concert.
It was my first concert ever, but i was in total awe.

We had excellent seating, right next to the stage.
But the one disappointment was at times, the lack of enthusiasm of the 'mosh-pit' and also, the seated people.
(of course we were told to sit down by people behind, and also the ushers, but i really expected more form the crowd. they gave up about half way and let us stand in the aisle)
It took until the last 2 encores for the place to ignite! People were either in a trance or, they just were not feeding back to the band.

And also how to enjoy themselves and appreciate what a concert it was!  :D

I can understand those older fans/tapers/enthusiast analysing everything that was played, but i really think that they themselves had forgotten how the atmosphere contributes to the band.
You gotta enjoy yourself at a concert.
believe you me, I did!!!!
Bob wasn't dancing at all, not like has been witnessed in the european tours!  :roll:
This, I would have enjoyed.  :smth020
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

figurehead

this is called The Only One, Love Love Love, Please Project": Please Project
"it's another new song":

Which exactly was the new song?
'Is It Always Like This?'

Ulrich

Quote from: figurehead on March 17, 2008, 15:54:36
this is called The Only One, Love Love Love, Please Project": Please Project
"it's another new song":

Which exactly was the new song?

I think it's called "The only one" now, but used to be called "Please Project"...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

rodney

When he said "It's another new song", they played Push.

silversand

@dsanchez:

First once again i'm sorry that we couldn't meet us at the hostel. I didn't know   that your plane was delayed, because you didn't leave a message in the first place on my mobile box. I was worried that you couldn't make it.
But i think the result is important and i could gave you your ticket and you could go to the concert.
I'm glad you are back home safe. It was great to meet you in person :)
By the way it was a great idea from you to wear the curefans.com t-shirt, so i could recognize you :). Hope to meet you sometime again.

I'm sorry that i wasn't very talkative after the concert, but i was freezing,  tired and also throaty.  Hope it came out right, what i want to say :)

Some words to the concert:
It was a great show and i enjoyed it sooo much!! The atmosphere was very good. People were dancing where i was standing. Okay the crowd had to, i would say "melt". But most people didn't get up from their seats. I've watched that, i think every concert. If i go to a let me say Rock Concert, i get up from my seat.

A surprise for me was The Figurehead, it was awesome!!
The intro of A Forest was different, how i know it, but it was brilliant ! ! !

figurehead

ouh they changed 'Please project's' title?
& why is that?
Can't understand it...
Anyway,still like it as a song.
:)
'Is It Always Like This?'

Beaker

hi everybody,

this is a german curefan who is proud to announce, that she finally made it and is from now on a registered member on this page - whhoooaaa! (applause applause applause!)   :smth038

ok, just kidding, you don´t really have to clap your hands  - just wanna say, that it seems to be a nice & funny cure-crowd round here and also i can´t wait to tell you this:
* YES - i was in oberhausen, too
* YES - i was at the front (2nd/3rd/4th row... )
* YES - it was my 10th concert since 1992
* YES - i loved every second (even "pictures of you"  ;))
* YES - it was the first time i saw robert taking gifts from the fans
* YES - i´m still kind of thrilled (even now 5 days later...)
* YES - when i started to dance a little (hey, there was enough room for                dancing...) some girl/woman/whatever shouted at me and told me to stop ("there is no reason for dancing!")   :smth018 - helloooo? this is a concert, isn´t it? sorry, but i couldn´t understand at all... what was going on with some people there? i wasn´t even headbanging...!  :-D pity...  :(
* YES - after that i thought about starting headbanging for a second (  :smth019 )but decided not to do and continued enjoying the show...   :-D
* YES - it was a fantastic concert (even with "pictures of you"...  ;))
* YES - i hoped so much for them playing FAITH - and was kind of confused when they left after "killing"...
* YES - i cried myself into sleep because i had no tickets for rotterdam - and then found out that they played it there... just like wayne hussey said it long ago: "i still believe in god but god no longer believes in me..." how right he is... grrr...  :evil:
* YES - i will recover from that frustration   ;)

and last but not least:

* YES - my english is lousy... (where are my grammar-books from schooldays...???)
hope you can follow me!

ok, that´s all for now - but i´ll be back!  :D

lots of greetings to you out there!!   :rocker
"Too old to be alternative, too alternative to be old..."  ;o)

dsanchez

Quote from: silversand on March 17, 2008, 21:07:50
By the way it was a great idea from you to wear the curefans.com t-shirt, so i could recognize you :). Hope to meet you sometime again.

Yes Doris. Indeed something similar happened in Paris! We were missing crowbi_wan, but he met us at the Bercy station because of my curefans.com shirt :!: That was just like in movies...

I forgot to tell a few things from the Oberhausen show, don't know if this was told before:

*Porl was using a strange shoes. It actually looked like drag-queen shoes :shock:
*Porl was leaving the stage very quickly during the encores and at the end of the show
*There were some sound problems during Strange Day (too loud bass)
*There was a mistake during the beginning of "the baby screams". They had to restart the song
*Robert was getting gifts from the public

And here's a clip of "Killing an arab" to the end of the show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BdGMBJ26us
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

see here for a link to a review (in german) and some very nice live photos:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4843.0.html

thanks to nadine & sandro  :smth023
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine