2011.11.22 Los Angeles - Pantages Theatre (USA)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2011, 21:40:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Videos

(To navigate through the videos, click on "Videos in this Playlist")

Photos

DjenebaAduayom /

Reviews

The Orange County Register / OCWeekly

Setlist (source: Reflections Hollywood)

Three Imaginary Boys set
‎10:15 Saturday Night, Accuracy, Grinding Halt, Another Day, Object, Subway Song, Foxy Lady, Meathook, So What?, Fire in Cairo, It's Not You, Three Imaginary Boys, The Weedy Burton

Robert said he never got The Weedy Burton right and surprised himself by doing it tonight. "If I had got that right in 1979, things would have been different." (Haha)

Seventen Seconds set

A Reflection, Play for Today, Secrets, In Your House, Three, The Final Sound, A Forest, M, At Night, Seventeen Seconds

Faith set

The Holy Hour, Primary, Other Voices, All Cats Are Grey, The Funeral Party, Doubt, The Drowning Man, Faith

E1: World War, I'm Cold, Plastic Passion, Boys Don't Cry, Killing An Arab, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Another Journey by Train

E2: Descent ("I remember very well writing this. On some stairs. This is called Descent."), Splintered in Her Head, Charlotte Sometimes,  The Hanging Garden

E3: Let's Go to Bed, The Walk, The Lovecats

That's it "thanks you and see you again. for something. good night!"

Curefans.com members attending this show

Whiskers, LittleMsCureGrl, minisuperjennifer

Fan meetups for Reflections Los Angeles (Souce: COF)

Nov. 21-23 4:30 pm - 6:30 pm nightly
Blue Palms Brewhouse
6124 Hollywood Blvd.
Hollywood, CA
Facebook link - https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=239416889440452

After party at the Boardners

From their Twitter: "TOMORROW -Tue Nov 22- OFFICIAL AFTERPARTY for The Cure concert at @KitKitBngBng at Boardners! @TheIvyWalls performing! http://twitpic.com/7hrccw"

Event on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=288979957789721

The Cure
'Reflections'
The Pantages Theatre
November 21 - 23, 2011

Tickets on sale this Monday 31st October at 10am local time (from $65 to $105)
Click for detailed map

Buy tickets
Two tickets per person maximum.
http://www.broadwayla.org/production/show.info.asp?ID=69
http://www.ticketmaster.com/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Whiskers

Will be going to this show, Mezzanine seat, section C. Pretty damn good, I must say

dsanchez

Quote from: Whiskers on November 01, 2011, 07:00:44
Will be going to this show, Mezzanine seat, section C. Pretty damn good, I must say

Have a great time!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: Whiskers on November 01, 2011, 07:00:44
Have a great time overthere Whiskers! It's amazing
!
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

LittleMsCureGrl

Whiskers -  I think I may be sitting near you.  Mezz / Row C / Seat 103 =)

dsanchez

@Whiskers @LittleMsCureGrl have fun tonight! hope the band will surprise us in some of the encores ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

minisuperjennifer

I drove 4 days with a sick one year old and an eye-rolling hubby to see the show tonight! Are there any cure fan before/after parties?????

curology

Hi, I can't attend the show anymore and would like to sell two great seats to see the Cure live tonight at the beautiful and intimate Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, CA.

Tickets are ORCHESTRA LEVEL in ROW NN. Seats are in same row but separate. One seat is 110 and the other is 306.

Selling for face value $110 each ticket when purchased from Ticketmaster. Can meet near venue, at venue, or buyer can pick up locally around Los Angeles area.

Message me, call or text me at 323-474-4209. Don't want these great seats to go to waste!

dsanchez

Quote from: minisuperjennifer on November 22, 2011, 17:50:25Are there any cure fan before/after parties?????
Please check the first post of this topic (above), there's the info on the meetup and the after party :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

minisuperjennifer

oh wow.... more articulate impressions to come. But now I begin my drive back to Montana

dsanchez

Quote from: minisuperjennifer on November 23, 2011, 19:15:01
oh wow.... more articulate impressions to come. But now I begin my drive back to Montana

Have a safe trip! looking forward your show impressions :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Whiskers

Hands down, the greatest show that I've ever been to. Even if I see The Cure again (this was my first time seeing them), I don't think that that would even top the magnificence of this show. I'm not a big fan of Three Imaginary Boys, but the album came across a lot better live (and I loved the look of the smoke during "Fire In Cairo"). Seventeen Seconds and Faith were the real showstoppers, highlights of the sets being "Three," "At Night," "All Cats Are Grey," (which I lost control during and started crying during) and, of course, "The Drowning Man."
The encores were, of course, equally amazing, songs like "World War," "Killing An Arab," (which was sang correctly for once!), "Descent," and "The Hanging Garden" getting amazing performances. Yes, getting to and from the show (10 hour Greyhound bus ride) was a hassle, but it was all worth it to see my favorite band perform for nearly 3 hours.
Oh, and I recorded the entire show. Not sure whether I'll share it or not. Time will tell...