2011.05.31 Sydney - Sydney Opera House (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2011, 21:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

billee

Concert number one
2 more sleeps
Concert number two
3 more sleeps

:smth051 :smth055 :smth041

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

Sussex

Just to inform everyone, I'm at the airport already, all set and ready to go. (Thou my flight is only 2 hours fr now). Haha..can't really cope with the eagerness!

Will be flying up to Melbourne and gonna arrived there tomorrow morning. Up to Sydney in the afternoon and I'm all ready to rock the SOH.

Really think that I can't update through the net cause I don't bring my lappy along. Will find another way in doing it.

Wish everyone a safe journey and for those who aren't going, I'll send your regards to them..by screaming! :smth023

"Thick As Shit"

dsanchez

Have a safe flight, enjoy the time and take cure!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Update from Roger: The band will leave Australia on Thursday.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Did you know? The last time Laurence played with the band was on December 9, 1987 (almost 24 years ago) in London during the Kissing Tour. The last concert with Roger took place on November 19, 2004 in Lyon.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Interesting article from The Sydney Morning Herald about how Robert was approached by the promoter to do the shows:

QuoteThe Cure's inclusion on the Vivid Live line-up, which Pav has pulled together in just four months, came about through his work with Modular. Pav approached Robert Smith to ask if he would sing on an album track for Modular band Canyons. With the communication lines flowing, by the time he was asked to curate Vivid, Pav reasoned that it would be ''foolish'' not to ask one of his ''all-time favourites'' if they'd like to take part

He recalls the conversation: ''Robert said, 'Your email has piqued my interest, Stephen. It's in fact the 30th anniversary of the Faith album and we've always wanted to do a special show to celebrate it and perhaps do it with an orchestra.''' Subsequent emails led to Smith suggesting they also play the album released the year before Faith, 1980's Seventeen Seconds. ''Then he came back a third time and said, 'If we're going to do those two albums, we should really contextualise it and play [1979's] Three Imaginary Boys and do the first trilogy.'''

Playing in the Opera House and presenting the show ''in such an iconic space'' appealed to Smith, Pav says. Not to mention simply coming to Australia; this will be the Australia-loving Smith's seventh tour here.
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/sticky-carpet--cure-the-icing-on-vivid-cake-20110526-1f4tr.html#ixzz1Nlbzv1FT
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

"To all of you who can't be at the Opera House for the shows we'll be taking you all along in our hearts"
(Quote from CherryRed) sorry can't quote perfect with my iPad ;)

That 's sweet :) I wish all off you a safe trip and a memorial, perfect and magic moment out there !
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Quote from: Sussex on May 29, 2011, 14:19:15

Wish everyone a safe journey and for those who aren't going, I'll send your regards to them..by screaming! :smth023

Great sussex, loud enough ha, remember it shall be on DVD  :D Enjoy the concert :rocker
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

brett05

Hi everyone,
I've been a cure fan for over 25 years now and I am so happy that I managed to score a ticket to Tuesdays show. I'm flying in from Brisbane tomorrow..... I can hardly wait!!!
Cheers, Brett

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

Quote from ~*CherryRed*~ " Also, I am totally crap with names... So if you do meet me, please don't be offended if I don't 'get' who you are in the forum ;p "

Babe, I am the same..  :smth023

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

billee

Here is an email I received form SOH just a few minutes ago

Dear Cure fan,

Thank you for buying tickets to The Cure: Reflections.

This is a courtesy email to provide you with essential details about attending this unique event.

·         There is no support act scheduled for this event and all ticket holders should be seated before 7:00pm.

·         Latecomers may only be admitted during a suitable break in the performance, which may be during interval.

·         Customers who elected to collect their tickets from the box office prior to the performance are advised to arrive at least 30-60 minutes prior to the commencement time and are reminded to bring photographic identification and the credit card used to make the purchase along with the order number and confirmation details.

·         Please note these shows are being recorded for broadcast and distribution.  A number of cameras will be present in the Concert Hall, capturing sweeping shots of the audience. In consideration of this, we ask that you stay in the theatre while The Cure is performing (and until the full concert is complete) to ensure no significant gaps in the venue. Thank you in advance for your understanding and for making this an amazing event.

·         Duration: 180 minutes, including the two 20 minute intervals.

About the Show:

The Cure will be performing their first three albums live, in their entirety, exclusively for Vivid LIVE.

Three Imaginary Boys (1979)
The Cure Trio: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums)
INTERVAL
Seventeen Seconds (1980)
The Cure Quartet: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums), Roger O'Donnell (keys)
INTERVAL
Faith (1981)
The Cure Quintent: Robert Smith (voice & guitar), Simon Gallup (bass), Jason Cooper (drums), Roger O'Donnell (keys & percussion), Laurence Tolhurst (keys & percussion)

Before or after your show head down to the Vivid LIVE Sony Lounge in the Western foyers.  Sydney's newest pop up bar has been designed specifically for Vivid LIVE and features a roster of DJs chosen by curator Stephen Pavlovic.  Open 6:00pm til late.

We wish you all a wonderful experience at this highly anticipated event.  Should you have any queries, please contact us on +61 2 9250 7777.

Kind regards

Sydney Opera House

:D :D
Concert number one
one sleep to go
Concert number two
two sleeps to go

Can't believe this time tomorrow I'll be on a plane :smth031

~*CherryRed*~

*shiver and shakes with excitement*
That thingy from the Opera House made me all squishy lol... It really is happening. I'm still kinda dazed you no, even tho I get on a flight in what? 15 hours or so hahahaha. Cheers billee for posting that!!

I repacked as well, as I have been told Sydney is FREEZING at the moment!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

scatcat

:!:  just heard that Sydney Airport was shut down today in the afternoon.. because of RAIN!  F*Buck-it!
:smth011
Who says that it rains more in Melbourne???

I hope all is right for the morning... we might have to parachute into the SOH!

Pray it stops!!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

billee

ok well I'm a basket case ( but I was already) . Things will be ok tomorrow I'm sure. It's going to be a long night thats for sure. Now to finally start packing.