What are you having for lunch today?

Started by dsanchez, January 07, 2018, 14:52:03

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: SueC on January 01, 2021, 14:03:39Are you growing your own potatoes - or getting them somewhere that has really fresh potatoes? 

There is (still) a dealer on site who sells excellent food and wines. There I got 2kg of raclette potatoes. Relatively small, but waxy, which is important. 👌🏻
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on January 01, 2021, 14:51:28... got 2kg of raclette potatoes.

Talking of Raclette, that's what I had today (my sis had leftovers from New Year's Eve)! :smth023
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Are these potatoes supposed to go with Raclette cheese, like in that Swiss recipe?  See https://cheese.com/fromage-a-raclette/ ...imagine that, a whole website devoted to cheese, hooray!  :yum: :yum: :yum:

Today we're going to have lunch at the Denmark Bakery, who make wonderful pies, and we're bringing home sourdough ryebread for subsequent lunches (I've not yet done much sourdough baking myself; I cheat and use a breadmaker, but one day...).  The lunch will be balanced by a coastal hike so we don't turn into Michelin men.  :angel
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

Quote from: SueC on January 01, 2021, 14:03:39We're still making @dsanchez's Arroz Chaufa from this thread on a regular basis and highly recommend it to others!

Glad you like it! It's very tasty and easy to make, I think! There's another one I prepare sometimes, it's called Papa a la Huancaina, much easier to cook but the problem is I usually need to travel to Vienna to get the main ingredient: aji amarillo. All the rest is easy to find and preparation is just a few minutes if you have a mixer:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Tzatziki, smoked salmon and Italian jacket potatoes. 😋

... and a piece of the 'Danube Wave'.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

Last night, I made gozleme, which I photographed previously - it looks like this:

It's got feta cheese, ground 4-colour peppercorns and rainbow chard (5-colour silverbeet) in it.  We grow the silverbeet ourselves and it looks like this:

I always make extra, because they're great cold for lunch too, or re-heated in the oven (not the microwave!!!...it makes everything mushy!).

So that's what we had for lunch on our hike.  And I had an iced coffee just beforehand - which always makes me walk faster! :)
SueC is time travelling