Robert soldier pants

Started by dsanchez, February 22, 2008, 17:12:24

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Someone is going to buy those soldier pants Bob is using now? Or maybe Porl's skirt?

Just curious...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

melly

Robert wore "soldier pants" when they played in Adelaide, back in August... quite a few people wear them here, well, when I say quite a few, I have seen the odd one or three...they were popular here about 3-4 years ago; as for Porls getup... didn't Robert wear the same thing a while back?  Maybe Porl has borrowed it..well, they ARE brother-in-laws, Porl may have liked it so much he asked to wear it!!  Or maybe its Janets??!!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

are they Mossimo pants? .. if they are, I have a pair... i love them!!

I think he looks great.

As for Porl's kilt... I like it too.
I'd love to find out what he wears underneath it  ;)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Carnage Visor

I think we need to open a "CURE WARDROBE" store that sells various clothing like the ones the band has worn over the years.

Seperate in groups:

"The ANTI-IMAGE Years"

"The Gothic Years"

"The Radio-Friendly Pop Years"

"The Now"

...Of course not exactly like that, but you get the gist. I would love to own some of that style of clothing!

melly

What about the leather corset and suspenders Porl was wearing??!!  :shock:
Reckon I'd have a go at that one.. he he he... :smth047
*thinking* can't look any worse than Porl....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

CureCrusader

The photos coming out from the concerts are truly amazing!

I'd like a pair of Robert's soldier pants! :smth023

I'm not too sure I could pull off wearing a skirt.  :D
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

corrosiveheadpollution

i got to say... those soldier pants....  i hate them... i think they look awful.  I didn't even think anyone wore stuff like that anymore.  i still love robert of course, nothin against him... just those hideous pants... they are god awful.
every time i try to pick it up like falling sand as fast as i pick it up
it runs away through my clutching hands

coxoxi

Quote from: Carnage Visor on February 23, 2008, 19:38:18
I think we need to open a "CURE WARDROBE" store that sells various clothing like the ones the band has worn over the years.

Seperate in groups:

"The ANTI-IMAGE Years"

"The Gothic Years"

"The Radio-Friendly Pop Years"

"The Now"

...Of course not exactly like that, but you get the gist. I would love to own some of that style of clothing!

In that matter, my favorite "outfits" of Robert -

:smth060

btw.I think soldier pants fits him very good cause he got some extra weight with years of course :D

corrosiveheadpollution

well.... the baggy style isn't necessarily bad for him to counteract the extra weight he gots goin on there but why soldier pants??  i think his old style was quite a lot better.
every time i try to pick it up like falling sand as fast as i pick it up
it runs away through my clutching hands

Perfect_Girl

No me gustan los pantalones que usa ahora. Me gustaban los jeans ajustadísimos de antaño, pero creo que ese estilo ya no le quedan porque está más viejito. En todo caso, creo que la ropa de ahora es extremadamente holgada y lo hace ver muy bajo. Pero bueno, siempre Robert sale con sus look extraños. A ver cuánto más le dura este.
Love, The Perfect Girl.-

"I wEnT aWaY aLoNe wItH nOtHinG LeFt bUt FaItH..."

SueC

Quote from: corrosiveheadpollution on May 20, 2008, 23:25:16well.... the baggy style isn't necessarily bad for him to counteract the extra weight he gots goin on there but why soldier pants??  i think his old style was quite a lot better.

To revive a reeeeaaaallly old topic - camouflage pants are quite commonly worn by outdoorsy people in Australia, because they're well-priced, usually completely natural and breathable materials (with maybe 5% elastane for stretch, because you're supposed to be able to move in them), actually have pants legs long enough if you're tall, and have many useful on-board pockets for carrying all sorts of things, like gardening implements and your iPod!

Why would I pay three times the amount to buy hiking pants, which these days are all-synthetic (= bad for your skin and the environment), when these pants are actually more comfortable, and have all the abovementioned advantages?

Of course, the other great thing to wear hiking (and generally hanging about) is hippie gear, totally natural materials, comfortable, fair trade etc.  :P

As to the style thing referred to in this thread, isn't it funny how the Clothing Police makes its appearance with public figures (especially female prime ministers) - personally I think let people wear what they want and realise it's a personal and private decision...
SueC is time travelling