2007.10.06 Mountain View 'Download Festival' (USA)

Started by monghi, May 29, 2007, 18:36:41

Previous topic - Next topic

curiosa

sorry, i don't like it that much, it's no real suprise-song, just another "jlh", "taking off" ... whatever cure-popsong ;)
i hope the other songs from the forthcoming album will be much darker :smth020

curiosa

japanesebaby

it's just a popsong for sure but i like the energy in it.
and at least it makes me totally forget about ross robinson ever interfering the sound of this band - a feeling which i tend to count as a plus side right now.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

strange_day

Thanks tof.  8)

At the start its kind of like JLH and Elise mixed together, which is a bit disapointing........ but the middle part and the end is actually pretty ace, sounds fresh  8)

j

Got the go ahead from SZ to upload the show here.  It is uploading now and I will post the link once the upload is complete.  SZ had only one request:

"yes thats fine, as long as people in that community (curefans) will share as well if they tape this year or next. I dont want someone grabbing these shows then finding out 6 months from now the same person is playing rare swop game with a show"

So, in other words, if you grab this, and then tape a show this year or next year, upload it and share it!!! :smth023 :smth023 :smth023

caiostro

Quote from: strange_day on October 08, 2007, 19:27:09
Thanks tof.  8)

At the start its kind of like JLH and Elise mixed together, which is a bit disapointing........ but the middle part and the end is actually pretty ace, sounds fresh  8)

I don't like the new song. Too much of the same. Not innovative. Nothing new.

I like songs like the drowning man, faith, forever, bloodflowers..thats the real Cure for me. Emotional, sad and thrilling.

I think Robert is too happy nowadays :(
And I think Robert has turned from a young musician into a businessman.
Hope the rest of the new album will be the real Cure.

Or i'm getting too old for this...... :?
The words all left me
Lifeless
Hoping
Breathing like the drowning man

B-Flower

Well, I can't say I don't like new song because it's really hard to judge having a concert recording only.... but I wasn't impressed by it, to be honest :( The vocal part is lovely though.
How time will heal, make me forget?!
YOU PROMISED ME!!!

Dinosaur

I think it's really good actually. The best I've heard lately! I mean, why can't there be any emotions in a song just because it's happy.

japanesebaby

Quote from: strange_day on October 08, 2007, 19:27:09
At the start its kind of like JLH and Elise mixed together

you're right, i was also thinking "ok this is elise, they just speeded it up" as i was listening to it at first. 'with or without you' structures once again... but then it does get off the ground a bit, further into the song. so it's not a complete rip off after all.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Darth_Blood

the complete audio recordin is not available????

dsanchez

Quote from: Darth_Blood on October 08, 2007, 20:57:19

It's available in diemadozen.org. However, since not many members have access to this site, the complete recording will be available tomorrow also here in curefans.com  :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

etkimi

For me it sounds like a wish song... Not so bad.

Just wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and see !

Cheers,
Etkimi
Crying at the funeral party...

j

Quote from: dsanchez on October 08, 2007, 21:11:20
Quote from: Darth_Blood on October 08, 2007, 20:57:19

It's available in diemadozen.org. However, since not many members have access to this site, the complete recording will be available tomorrow also here in curefans.com  :smth023

I have been uploading it for hours now to offer it here, but for some reason my upload speed is HORRIBLE today.  I have only uploaded 17 of the 37 files so far!

Aarna

Megaupload?? Would it be possible to upload it somewhere else, anywhere but there? I am *never* able to download anything from that site. Someone suggested some toolbar or other but it only heavily spammed my system regardless good protection programs I run, just too much trouble with it...I don't know, how about Yousendit.com? And then put the link to uploaded file here.
[img]http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/0694e17544.jpg[/img]
www.eternal-aphelion.deviantart.com

j

I'm uploading it to my site.  Just taking forever, that's all.

j

Alright, for now, Tracks 1-16 are available, as are Tracks 28-31.  I'm sloooooooooowly working on the rest. (For now ignore Track 17- it is showing as 5.3 mb.  That is not correct- if it is around 19-20 mb, then it is the complete file.)

http://www.alettertoelise.org/users/share/Cure%2007-10-6/

Here's a guide so you can tell whether a file is completely uploaded or not.  If the file on my site shows the size listed below, then it is complete.

17- 19mb
18- 20mb
19- 25mb
20- 27mb
21- 46mb
22- 28mb
23- 44mb
24- 23mb
25- 48mb
26- 19mb
27- 39mb
33- 20mb
34- 21mb
35- 29mb
36- 27mb
37- 49mb

As of right now, all other files are complete.  i am uploading the above from 2 different routes, hoping to speed things up.  I am off to bed...have to be up for work in 6 hours.  Hopefully this entire thing will be uploaded by then!