What's On Your Mind Atm??

Started by PearlThompsonsBloodflower, January 03, 2018, 22:52:40

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Fiorella, my little, bizarre angel. Well done your new video. I'm done. 😵🤭😆

ABREME LA PUERTA (HALLOWEEN TWERK), MISSSPERU

PS: The wait was worth it, even for content that may only be online for a few days. A selection from Tri Co Tri is difficult. I really like the costume on the far right. The combination of blue and red is something different and the braids flatter your face.
The other costumes are perfect and you look great in it, but they are not necessarily my taste. That in black and gold is my number two. Thanks, Fio. 😙

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

It's November, and I feel it's not getting really bright, but then (Fio comes around the corner). 😄

JUST LEGGINGS TRY ON HAUL

4:44 🐠 👌🏻
5:55 🏁 😃

ehm...I've noticed the cat. 🤗

SueC

Quote from: dsanchez on October 08, 2019, 23:07:07Was chatting with an old friend. She is 36, was dating someone aged 52. He didn't want kids, so she broke up (they were together like 2 years). Now she feels with time pressure (she wants to be mother one day), but she is shy, so not many dating options yet. As she feels time pressure I suggested to make a good background check and set expectations from the beginning (in a subtle way) should she go on a date so that she does not waste her time! and I just remembered this video. Actually I agree 100% with this! Sometimes I think we give way more importance to our jobs and careers than to our personal life.

I just watched something that reminded me of your "dating like it's a job interview" post, @dsanchez! :)

And what's on my mind at the moment is how extraordinary our wildflower season has been this year...

I hope everyone is having a good week!  ♥
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Still happy with my photos from yesterday!  :-D
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Those really are beautiful!   :smth023
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Blues gig this evening!

The warm-up act was a local guy called Moondog who's been couch-surfing in the US for months every year, for the last ten years.  He was very competent with his guitar, harmonica and stomp box.  The themes were rather stereotypical - I lost my baby, I got a baby etc, various odes to sex and alcohol, and he had a song called I Mixed Me A Drink which he wanted everyone to sing the chorus to but that felt too much like church to us!  :beaming-face  Blues has a funny way of making even trite things someone is complaining about sound ultra-significant.  Sort of like opera.  You could write a song about how bad your potatoes are and you'd have people crying in the audience.

The basic blues guitar sound is very pleasant, and the harmonica is rather atmospheric.  It's fun to go to a gig like that once in a while, but I have a feeling I'd go mad if I listened to blues night after night, because it's a bit limited thematically, and a bit howling-at-the-moon.  It'd be like eating nothing but Spaghetti Bolognese every evening.

A sort of master of ceremonies appeared and gave a long alcohol-soaked speech during which he lapsed into actual tears several times while mentioning various blues musicians.  I recognised him from work way back; he'd been a chaplain at one of the local schools.  Back then he had collected applause for God, now he was staggering around emoting and asking us to clap at the mere mention of various names of people not present who were apparently blues legends.  He was at that stage of progression through a large number of beer bottles where people get maudlin and cry everywhere, and I was glad when he finally stopped talking and let the musicians do their thing.

The main act was The Original Chicago Blues All-Stars, and they were excellent.  Their drummer got ill and couldn't make the trip, so they had a young Perth drummer they introduced as Tyler standing in for the tour, and he'd not rehearsed with them, but did a seamless job, looking incredibly focused.  Other than that, they had one bass player and three guitarists.  The bass player, Freddie Dixon, was a very cool cat, a total no-nonsense musician who just stood there and sang like he was born to do just that. He had a particularly lovely, large, curvy red bass with two sound holes shaped very much like the f-holes on a violin, and his playing sounded very like the style you often hear on double bass.  He sang us a song about "not being superstitious, but a black cat just crossed my path" - much more thematic variation than the support act - as well as some blues standards written by his father, Willie Dixon.

After the bass guitarist had finished his couple of songs, he passed on to a lanky character who called himself Root Doc, and who sang a song that wasn't all that different from Led Zeppelin's Lemon Song in subject matter - and now I wonder which was first... Our eyebrows nearly climbed up over our heads when we looked sideways at each other during that one.  There was a comedic element as he started describing the love interest's breasts and playing deliberately ridiculous, sustained high notes on his guitar as his voice climbed higher and higher until he was shrieking incoherently.  :rofl  A bit after that he also sang us a song about a 500-year-old Jarrah tree, which is a West Australian tree, and he said he'd written it especially for the gig (they must have come through Pemberton way...).  Later on he did an extremely funny number about meeting a girl on the Internet.  He was deliberately hamming everything up, in contrast to the very grounded Freddie Dixon.

I had difficulty in the first half of the show working out who played what, with the three guitarists all playing at the same time.  Two of them were doing lead type guitar, and their instruments had very distinctive voices, which combined with the finger patterns usually made things clear pretty quickly.  But, the guy standing between them (name of Bob Lassandrello and the club owner back home) was doing a lot of rhythm guitar, and for a long time I really couldn't hear what he was doing at all - it was like he wasn't there, even though he clearly was playing - maybe my brain can only process a maximum of one bass and two guitars, in any given band.  After the interval, I finally heard him, because he was doing lead guitar for a bit!

Their young guitarist, name of Michael Damani, early 20s, was fantastic - they all were, but the rest of them were over twice his age, and this young guy looked as if he was completely lost in the music and in a perpetual state of reverie, from which he occasionally emerged to make eye contact with the audience.

These guys played blues, explained a few things about the music, and after the interval, got quite funky, so much so that they ended up having people dancing in front of the stage for the last half hour of the three-hour gig.  We were in the front row, and as more people arrived to dance, we ended up shifting backwards from all the wiggling!  Brett uncharitably told me he wished for a large trapdoor to make them all disappear, so we could see the musicians doing their thing again.  It was nearing 11pm, we'd been awake since 5.30am, and the music was starting to settle on us like a heavy quilt, so we snuck out during the dance encore, but it had been a really interesting night out.

This is a band well worth catching if they're ever touring in other people's local areas.  :cool

Here's a clip I found on YouTube with Freddie Dixon singing, Root Doc on the left, and young Michael Damani on the right.

SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

The Mercury Retrograde. 😶

PS: DRESS TRY ON HAUL | YOINS
That dress in rosé-gold is my favorite one, Fio. Then comes the green one, and the third place goes to the black dress.
I personally like the 'bossy' style. It's a bit more elegant. However, khaki resembles your skin tone. Be careful! 😉

BF WISH LIST HAUL | PLT
8:00 The front detail is excellent. Whaat? Your lips, your eyes, your hair, your voice, your nails, your hands, your bra...👌🏻😙

Ulrich

"Now November is here
With its carpet of leaves
And the songs of the dead fill my ears
All the champions are fallen
All the heroes are deceived
And the world they made has disappeared"
(Mike Scott/The Waterboys)

SueC

Beautiful photo, and lyrics, @Ulrich.  Deciduous trees isn't something we see a lot of here in Australia - except in some parks and gardens...

@MeltingMan, I hope you're having a good week!

On the above topic, I couldn't help but think of this Waterboys song:

But she is in the shadows
The ocean and the sand

She is everywhere and no place
Her church not made with hands
Not contained by man

She is dancing high as clouds
Faster than the arrow
As straight as any crow that flies
Accross great seas she travels
Up through rising lands

She is everywhere and no place
Her church not made with hands
Not contained by man

The church not made by hands
Not contained by man
That precious place
Unmade by man

Here's an amazing place to go with it:

This is taken from the walk-through cave at the very top of Mt Talyuberlup, looking across at Mt Magog.  We did the ridge walk from Magog to Talyuberlup a couple of times, but you end up either having to negotiate hair-raising cliffs (and we're not abseilers), or bush-bash through a lot of scrub for hours nearly getting lost, and we didn't think that was fun...so now we climb them one at a time instead of making it a day walk up one, across and then down the other.  Magnificent mountains, though (even if they're small mountains...)
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Went to see Nosferatu last night (UK gothic rock band, now featuring some German members, who used to play in a local punk band some 15 years ago, old friends of mine) at a pub in the beautiful old town centre of Esslingen. Smoking is allowed in there, which I'm not used to any more.

Support band Wisborg weren't too bad (for 2 guys with a drum machine & backing tapes). Parts of their set reminded me of the "usual suspects" (Sisters of M., Bauhaus, Depeche Mode etc.)!

Nosferatu do use drum machine (plus a bit of background noise) too. First few songs I wasn't too convinced, but then it got better, especially when the guitarist put in more "power chords". The new singer does the old songs justice (his whole appearance is reminiscent of Eldritch and other "goth" singers), the bassist provides great basslines and original member Damien on guitar was "in his element".
Best songs for me were those from their '98 album, which featured Rat Scabies (ex Damned) on drums (the backing tape used sounded suspiciously like his drum tracks...)!

It was way too loud for this small pub (pretty full btw), so I was glad I had my earplugs on me.
Not a bad night & nice to meet some old mates. 

SueC

I boggle at some of the names of bands, and band members.  I mean, calling yourself Rat Scabies - might as well call yourself Udder Pustule or Reptile Pneumonia or Sheep Louse or Liver Abscess... Very flattering... I can't remember where I heard this, but I remember someone saying that in the 60s/70s bands called themselves things like The Eagles and The Yardbirds, and then later on it was The Pigeon Droppings and Vulture Excrement and names like that!   :1f631:

Glad you had a good time!  :smth023
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on November 25, 2019, 13:30:41I boggle at some of the names of bands, and band members.  I mean, calling yourself Rat Scabies ...

Wasn't his own idea. When he answered an ad of a band looking for a drummer, he went there for the audition and kept scratching himself, when asked he said "I've got scabies". Then later, the other band members saw a rat behind the drumkit and thought it looked a bit like him... thus the name stuck on him (at first, most people thought "punk" would last a few months, thus he expected to revert to his real name soon, but he's still called Rat by most people and he's gotten used to it. Signs messages with "Ratty" and so on...)
This is probably my favourite series which was never made (unfortunately):

"Tim Vic" (stage name of Nosferatu singer) apparently comes from a situation which happened in the U.S. years ago (robbery or so). Police arrived and asked him "are you the victim?"...  :lol:

Quote from: SueC on November 25, 2019, 13:30:41Glad you had a good time!  :smth023

Thanks, looking forward to seeing Ruts DC on Friday now.  :cool

MeltingMan

Better late than never.

COZY FALL SETS | FNC
The last set is my favorite too. The vertical stripes are ethereal. 🤩

WHAT I WEAR TO THE GYM | FNC
I must admit the second from right is definitely a head-turner. 😳
Naked in the office, well, but naked in the gym? Nobody expects that, right?

MY XMAS DECOR 2019
Thanks for the room tour, Fio. You are, if I may say so, blossomed right this year. Me or we have seen content that is actually only reserved for your friend / husband. Therefore a thick ❤️

PS: The first impression is often misleading. In any case, there were a lot of unanswered questions. I thought "OMG ... does she really exist? How can she do it all ?!" The Valentine's video with K*v*n was definitely a turning point. Much has been indicated, which is now obvious. My life is currently commuting between doctors, lawyers and the authorities. So I'm far, far from the content that, more or less, has become the focus of your life. California and plastic surgery are expensive. Assuming you were a man and quite thin, I would still be eager to meet you.

Ulrich