New fanzine?

Started by devildrummagirl, March 17, 2009, 09:28:15

Previous topic - Next topic

devildrummagirl

Me and a friend are thinking of starting a new Cure fanzine (out of interest and boredom on Mondays) and I wanted to know before we started whether anyone would actually be interested in one.

Firstly, it'd be out on a monthly basis, and secondly, we would either send a hard copy or e-mail it to you - we thought we would be able to allow a larger amount of people to access it easily if it was electronic. And thirdly, if you so desired, you could make and send contributions. (We would fully credit you of course.)

So.... is anyone interested? If you are, then get in touch with me and I'll add you to a mailing list and as soon as we've put it together, send it out to you.

devildrummagirl

The magazine, named Do The Hansa, is in the process of being made and hopefully the first issue will be available on the 21st of March. Please contact me if you are interested.

dsanchez

I'm interested :smth023

Is the number is not closed yet, an article about the band's drummers (Lol, Andy, Boris, Jason) would be interesting, there's lot of discussion about this matter in the community lately 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

devildrummagirl

Ok, I'll see what we can do, and I'll start work on that tomorrow.

dsanchez

Quote from: devildrummagirl on March 18, 2009, 22:46:19
Ok, I'll see what we can do, and I'll start work on that tomorrow.

I just corrected my post, I meaned the band's drummers, not just the band's current drummer (Jason).

In case you make this, here's the news about how The Cure recruited Jason. This was published in a peruvian newspapper, if you need help with the translation let me know :P
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

devildrummagirl

Yes, I would like help with the translation. My Peruvian is a little rusty of late lol

devildrummagirl

First issue has just been sent out! If anyone else is interested, please contact me! And if anyone knows how to contact COF that would be a big help - I attempted to send a copy, but it bounced back to me.

Fabien G

COF; there's an email link (bottom right hand corner)

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/ChainofFlowers/

and i'd be interested in reading your first issue.

devildrummagirl

I sent it to that address but it bounced back. And just email me and I'll send a copy ASAP.

fiction

Thanx a bundle for my copy that found its way to Sweden.  :smth023
again and again and again and again and again and...

devildrummagirl

It's got there already? Awesome! Hope you enjoy it!

fiction

Quote from: devildrummagirl on March 31, 2009, 18:03:02
It's got there already? Awesome! Hope you enjoy it!

Yes I did. Nice work and it felt like You put in both research, durable efforts and a Cure-heart in Your work. Keep up the good work. I guess You have quite a competition doing this in the UK, I mean isn´t there if not thousands atleast hundreds of Cure-fanzines going around? There aren´t any many too famous in Sweden though.
Thanx!

devildrummagirl

I haven't seen any around, which was partly why I started DTH. I guess I may be looking in the wrong places, but I haven't heard of any others.

fiction

Quote from: devildrummagirl on March 31, 2009, 23:39:59
I haven't seen any around, which was partly why I started DTH. I guess I may be looking in the wrong places, but I haven't heard of any others.

I rather guess that I was off my home turf and missguessed. I just thought it was loads of it out in the UK.

devildrummagirl

I wish there were.  :(