(Can you help me?) Rare Robert Smith signed photo??

Started by iceintomyheart, February 23, 2018, 22:01:04

Previous topic - Next topic

iceintomyheart

Hello fellow Cure fans!
Greetings from Oklahoma! I recently became the owner of a seemingly unique piece of Cure memorabilia. Can anyone out there help me find out ANY information about this photograph? I have tried reverse image searching the photo on Google and can't find a match or close match. I would love to know the photographer/history of this image. From what I can tell (please excuse my amateur detective work here), it appears to be taken around the time of Disintegration (88-89? Robert is wearing a wedding band). The photo appears to be printed from a negative and burned on photo paper, not trimmed to the image. The signature looks legit from what little research I have done. It appears signed in black ink, and the marking goes through to the back of the photo, with a little bleed through. Thats about all I can say fore sure. The previous owner had purchased it on ebay in the late 90s or early 2000s and never thought to ask the seller the story behind it. This is my first post, so I apologize for dropping this in the gen discussion. Props to anyone who got the Three Imaginary Boys reference in the Title.  :D