Robert Smith: "We’re going in about six weeks time to finish our new album"

Started by dsanchez, December 14, 2018, 11:31:47

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on October 05, 2019, 13:10:53Well at the sight of this hat, I'm not overly excited about eating it (hairs at the bottom etc.)... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ulrich!!! That hat is much too nice to eat!  And it's not old!  What are you thinking?  :1f62d:

Besides, you won't have to eat any hat I think.  :smth023

QuoteWell obviously Robert did/does the same thing with "4:13 Dream" and the "new" version of it still hasn't made it out yet...

:rofl  You have a point.  I've got to say, I've never sat on something for years... and also, I've never been afraid I was going to run out of words either, so I always laugh when I hear those lines in 39, and think, "It's your Y-chromosome that's the trouble here, Mr Smith!"  :angel
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on October 05, 2019, 14:30:16Besides, you won't have to eat any hat I think.  :smth023

Yeah, looks like the new album will be out one day (maybe even sooner than I think)!  :happy
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

I just realised, @Ulrich, that unlike me, you're a fan who has lived through that long dry road after the follow-up to 4:13 was promised.  And you have my sincere sympathies.  No wonder you're so careful not to get excited here.  It's like The Boy Who Cried Wolf...

I imagine I would feel the same if this current album that's being talked about ended up being dragged on and on for over ten years without actually being released...  :1f62d:   :1f62e:   :1f630:
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on October 06, 2019, 01:13:23I just realised, @Ulrich, that unlike me, you're a fan who has lived through that long dry road after the follow-up to 4:13 was promised.  And you have my sincere sympathies.  No wonder you're so careful not to get excited here.

Not really, I wasn't always waiting for a new album... and "4:13 Dream" was okay for a while, but the production was a bit weak (to my ears at least) and thus it hasn't aged too well... (Sure, I would buy the "ultimate" edition of 4:13 with the bonus songs, but not eagerly waiting for it...)
I was hoping for a new album around 2012, but the band only played a few shows and it was soon clear that nothing would come. Same in 2016 when they toured, with RS giving no interviews at all! (Well I did enjoy them playing the 2 "unreleased" songs, but I agree it's better to not re-record them with the current line-up.)

About a year ago, I did get excited about the album news, but (as usual) it takes a while. (That's okay, I hope it will be out early next year.)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on October 03, 2019, 10:14:50Sorry to hear about Robert's loss.  :1f62a:

Not just his mother, his father and his brother.
There's also Porl/Pearl and his leaving for the USA, Andy Anderson passing away, Severin's operation...
And quite probably other stories that we don't know and are none of our business anyway.