Going to gigs

Started by scatcat, October 16, 2007, 05:41:02

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

Quote from: Carnage Visor on October 16, 2007, 01:01:14
Plus, talking about tour dates bores me. I know I can't go to the tours, so I tend to steer away and aim for a thread that has something to do with me or that I can relate to.

I'm listening C.V. ..  :smth023  and I read your whole post too!! :D
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

Yep Carnage Visor - agree totally, at the moment i wont be seeing any concerts, in the very near future, maybe next year, maybe...so aren't viewing that bit.
But yey !! happy for everyone who gets to see The Cure soon. :rocker  (but naturally makes me wee bit jealous, so dont read that bit.)

Like to watch youtube though, for glimpses and find other good photos and stuff (thanx David). And luv reliving the melb show too.

But yeh on the rest can/does get repeditive. So i really luv hearing different things about people and their likes/dislikes, rather than the obvious.

Glad Janko asked what this topic was about, before- i was bit confused, aswell.

But am also sure, its just a temp movement to this section. . Does it matter though if i type more here, i still read the others,
I cant file share or whatever as yet.... dont wanna try- bit hesitant due to few reasons and dont have anything in this computer to share-  so thats another non responsive area from me   :cry:

But i do think this is a great place  :rocker   

My recent posts are sad and miserable because thats how i feel at the moment., but its all good, eventually, i hope. I tell myself when things are this bad, cant get worse-gotta get better...
maybe this optimism is just my medication ?  hope not lol

silversand

I'm reading your posts Carnage Visor and listening to you :)
You really can't go to one of the concerts next year?
Don't you have someone who can go with you?
Thanks in advance for your answer  :)

ROGUE

I used to go out alot alone, when i was 18~20yrs old or younger, but its great, if you just look and tell yourself "my friends are inside..." or something
like that,
you find especially at big gigs that noone notices, because there are so many people around.

There is nothing wrong with hanging out with yourself- shi iam my best friend and worst enemy all in one.

But i have to say those times, i went alone to places, i had the  best time ever !!!
and most memerable, because it used to sht me to have a group discussion with someone just to go for a piss. and things like that.

You also meet more people and its great, i havent done that for awhile, And I will !! again- I miss my company - most others sht me to bits or
bring me down.

So you can do whatever you like by yourself, its great. Come alone and leave alone by
choice is simply exhilarating  :smth023

ROGUE

Yeh i forgot, i still do it, occasionally, I went see White Stripes by myself in Shibuya Japan couple years ago,
and other times, my abused mind has forgotten - (getting old ya see). 

But the point is I had a great time and at  gigs, and strange places (i will not mention) noone notices.
But they do when you go for dinner alone, but god sometimes i just wanna eat, like Now !!
rather than calling friends, deciding, conferencing, msg's etc., but other than dinner other things seem most
easy and comfortable to do.

And there is nothing wrong with it, Dont wait for anyone if you want to do something. :smth023

Really enjoying the karma roller coaster aswell, hehehehee thats a cracker. :lol:

Janko

IT'S COOL TO GO ON A GIG ALONE
BUT NOT IF YOU'RE GONNA GET HORRIBLY DRUNK

:-D

PS
BELIVE ME I KNOW!

:rocker
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

ROGUE

Yeee same, but only carried out once by a big lesbian chick- who was really nice to me.

but yes the other times i happily walked out, alone, and happy  :smth023

I talk about getting trashed, but dont really succeed, usually. heheheheee madness/crazyness  :lol:  :twisted:

Carnage Visor

Thanks guys!
I wish I could go with friends, but none of my friends like The Cure, or have even hear them before....ugh, kids these days.

I'm only 15, so I can't drive on my own...my mom is a big Cure fan, so she and I were going to go together, but something about that seemed embarassing, me with my mom at a rock concert, at our level of poorness, I think we'd be sitting in the back row anyway...

If I had abunch of Cure fan-friends, I'd go with them, that way we could slam-dance like in Sex Pistols videos...although I doubt with all the seats in the auditorium you can actually stand...

Anyway, what am I talking about? I've never been to a concert, only kiddie concerts at Ravinia.

I had a dream that I got backstage passes and hung out with the group after the show, it was quite a good dream, then it morphed into something horrible, distorted images and colors, (my dreams never make sense...they end up becoming a jumble of images mashed into one)

Ahh, if only...

ROGUE

I know, i was wondering about the seating also, i was actually hoping to see The Cure again in Europe, but its just
too soon and dont think i can manage it. ~financially  :cry:
Have been looking online for the last show, in USA in July, but would probably be stuk in the section away from
the front, and not be able to get to the floor- If there is a floor ?  I dont think so in USA, but in Australia, the floor
was cool, no seats so i shouldnt want more, but i do.
I think i will have to let it go......  :cry:
backstage can be over-rated aswell, crowded and struggles for attention- Iam just not into that.
Wouldnt it be great to meet them somewhere and have them captive for awhile  :D all of them  :smth023 with no
escape, and boredom so they would have to talk to me for hours and hours and hours, and sing to me. - like The Other voices video  :shock:
ahh yes- they are just so much fun and beautiful, interesting.... ahhh big sighs always wanting more.

scatcat

Quote from: Carnage Visor on October 20, 2007, 21:07:31
Thanks guys!
I wish I could go with friends, but none of my friends like The Cure, or have even hear them before....ugh, kids these days.

I'm only 15, so I can't drive on my own...my mom is a big Cure fan, so she and I were going to go together, but something about that seemed embarassing, me with my mom at a rock concert, at our level of poorness, I think we'd be sitting in the back row anyway...

If I had abunch of Cure fan-friends, I'd go with them, that way we could slam-dance like in Sex Pistols videos...although I doubt with all the seats in the auditorium you can actually stand...

Anyway, what am I talking about? I've never been to a concert, only kiddie concerts at Ravinia.

I had a dream that I got backstage passes and hung out with the group after the show, it was quite a good dream, then it morphed into something horrible, distorted images and colors, (my dreams never make sense...they end up becoming a jumble of images mashed into one)

Ahh, if only...

hey CV.. I took my son with me to the concert, YES he was embarrassed by my enthusiasm, but he reckoned it rocked, I think he thought it was good i enjoyed myself for once!!
keep your head up, I'm sure you're dreams will come true , for only those who dare to dream, can make a dream come true  :smth059
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

Yes thats right Scatcat !!

Carnage V- if you dont go you will regret it, even if further away from stage, You will be caught up in the
atmosphere and have the best time, people are The Cure show are all ages, and all really cool- I knew this but
was surprised aswell, at how comfortable it was. I been to other shows with slam dancing, and threw up from
a Pantera concert, years back- i was simply too crowded and squashed, i couldnt breathe, so at least i got
some space after that.
But it was full on i dont just vomit.  :smth078  Still an experience i am glad i had.

You will Love it and wont be embarrassed at all !!

Cure Freak

Quote from: ROGUE on October 21, 2007, 10:43:45
I know, i was wondering about the seating also, i was actually hoping to see The Cure again in Europe, but its just
too soon and dont think i can manage it.
Have been looking online for the latest show, in USA in July, but would probably be stuk in the section away from
the front, and not be able to get to the floor- If there is a floor ?  I dont think so in USA, but in Australia, the floor
was cool, no seats so i shouldnt want more, but i do.
I think i will have to let it go......  :cry:
backstage can be over-rated aswell, crowded and struggles for attention- Iam just not into that.
Wouldnt it be great to meet them somewhere and have them captive for awhile  :D all of them  :smth023 with no
escape, and boredom so they would have to talk to me for hours and hours and hours, and sing to me.
ahh yes- they are just so much fun and beautiful, interesting.... ahhh big sighs always wanting more.

ROGUE, the US concerts do hava a floor, no seats and just stand. I will be on the floor at my concert.

ROGUE

:rocker  SWEET Cure Freak- I was looking at the last show in America in July, out of curiosity and it had sections,
so wasnt sure, probably floor sold out, by now.

But that should be great !! Its the best, when you can move, or whatever you like  :smth023

So excited for you  :smth007  its the best on the floor, I love it  :smth023

Always go on about Melb, but was just so great, and loved the end aswell when Robert looked at Simon, and
Simon gave Robert the head nod- as if to say "Yep, great show" (nod of satisfaction) after 3:15hrs and mins.
But by no means is the greatness of a concert graded by hours/mins, . .. . .But it was GREAT eeeee so excited for you.   :smth036

and love your new avatar  8)

Cure Freak

Quote from: ROGUE on October 21, 2007, 17:20:30
:rocker  SWEET Cure Freak- I was looking at the last show in America in July, out of curiosity and it had sections,
so wasnt sure, probably floor sold out, by now.

But that should be great !! Its the best, when you can move, or whatever you like  :smth023

So excited for you  :smth007  its the best on the floor, I love it  :smth023

Always go on about Melb, but was just so great, and loved the end aswell when Robert looked at Simon, and
Simon gave Robert the head nod- as if to say "Yep, great show" (nod of satisfaction) after 3:15hrs and mins.
But by no means is the greatness of a concert graded by hours/mins, . .. . .But it was GREAT eeeee so excited for you.   :smth036

and love your new avatar  8)
Most likey, they were sold out sweetie.
Thank you. My first Cure concert.  :-D
I''m sure it is. You are so close to the band.
I may even dance. So good for the room.
No, it isure isn't. It's the quality of the music and the performance that counts.
And The Cure give their all. So no worries there.
I'm so excited.

And thanks, I love it too. Shake it Rob.

Cure Freak

off topic:
But how does one sneak in a camera to a concert?
I wanted to take pics of the boys.