Favorite Cure B-Side

Started by tram71, January 18, 2007, 01:01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite b-side from The Cure?

Lament
2 Late
The Exploding Boy
A Chain Of Flowers
I'm Cold
Fear Of Ghosts
This Twilight Garden
Another Journey By Train
Play
To The Sky
The Big Hand
A Foolish Arrangement
Scared As You
Snow In Summer
Harold And Joe
It Used To Be Me

tram71

So, er, yeah. Which one?

My favorite is 2 Late, closely followed by The Exploding Boy.

Bloodflower

"No-one will ever take your place...."

How this song didn't make it on to Wish when a song like Wendy Time did is a mystery for the ages.

Fear of Ghosts should have been on Disintegration in Lovesong's place (while Lovesong should have been a non-album single, maybe Lullaby should have been too), and 2 Late should have been a single.

I really like It Used To Be Me too... and A Chain of Flowers... and Scared As You... and Ocean... and Adonais... and Harold and Joe... and The Big Hand... and Fear of Ghosts... and --

God.

I would kill for a Join the Dots Tour.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

'This Twilight Garden' narrowly edges out 'I'm Cold'.  Both are two of my favorites. 

tram71

Quote from: Bloodflower on January 18, 2007, 01:31:32
"No-one will ever take your place...."

How this song didn't make it on to Wish when a song like Wendy Time did is a mystery for the ages.

Fear of Ghosts should have been on Disintegration in Lovesong's place (while Lovesong should have been a non-album single, maybe Lullaby should have been too), and 2 Late should have been a single.

I really like It Used To Be Me too... and A Chain of Flowers... and Scared As You... and Ocean... and Adonais... and Harold and Joe... and The Big Hand... and Fear of Ghosts... and --

God.

I would kill for a Join the Dots Tour.

Yeah, This Twilight Garden kicks all kind of ass. And 2 Late is totally one of the great "lost" Cure singles.

And I would also be all for a Join the Dots tour - but I think they could skip Do The Hansa, New Day, Mr. Pink Eye, Stop Dead and the like...and Dredd Song. Especially Dredd Song.

splitmilk34

Too hard to pick, but I'm on an "Exploding Boy" kick right now so that's my vote.
Big fan of "A Few Hours After This" as well.
"This Twilight Garden" is the most perfect of all the Bsides... EVER.
"... sleeping less every night"

ron

I'm partial to The Big Hand right now.  This should have been on Wish too but I guess Robert wasn't a big fan of it.

yrbadrenau

And I would also be all for a Join the Dots tour - but I think they could skip Do The Hansa, New Day, Mr. Pink Eye, Stop Dead and the like...and Dredd Song. Especially Dredd Song.
[/quote]

This is a point of you, and this is... yours. But i can't agree when you imagine a Join The Dots Tour without Mr Pink Eyes & Stop Dead.

And just a thing : Lovesong is just... a perfect love pop song.
34 years old,father of two children(Alia-14 & Theo-12), curefan since 1985.

figurehead

well even if ~this twilight garden~
is one of the best songs EVER written
i really adore everything from the DiSi - era ,so my fav. is:
~Fear Of Ghosts~

& the further i get from the things that i care about...
'Is It Always Like This?'

strange_day

I voted for Lament, but to be honest i cant choose, The Big Hand is possibly one of the best songs they have done and i also love Fear Of Ghosts........just cant choose at all....

tram71

Quote from: yrbadrenau on January 19, 2007, 20:31:13

This is a point of you, and this is... yours. But i can't agree when you imagine a Join The Dots Tour without Mr Pink Eyes & Stop Dead.

Well, as long as they wouldn't do Dredd Song.  :-D

yrbadrenau

yes, not a song. a kind of mistake
34 years old,father of two children(Alia-14 & Theo-12), curefan since 1985.

Oneiros

Well, I vote for 'Exploding boy' but quite close to 'Lament' and just after 'The big hand'. Some very good tracks !  :smth023
Always keep a dark space in your heart

bluewater

Life's too short to listen to lossy music

fansmith

I voted for"The Exploding Boy". It could be an album's song.

gioez

I voted for "This Twilight Garden". But where are the b-sides of WMS???
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]