Currently Watching

Started by Steve, July 14, 2007, 17:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: Dr. H. AbramsonVery brief continuation of a discussion of the history of the Jews of Ukraine.

MeltingMan

I have known the painting by Ilya Repin since my school days. 😀

Quote from: Dr. H. AbramsonBrief discussion of the historical and economic background to the Cossack Uprising of 1648. Part V of The Ashkenazium Lectures, for more information visit www.ashkenazium.eu.

MeltingMan

I watched two documentaries on ARTE (Auslaufmodell supermarket?; The precarious society) that are linked in a certain way. The woman from Sweden, for example, pays too much for her social housing. The result: she has to save on groceries. Twenty years ago, I noticed that branded products were disappearing from the shelves. When I asked, the reason given was that these products are too expensive to buy. Since then, the number of food discounters in our district has halved. A signature drive saved the last market from closure...but for how long? Base salary is not a new idea. I agree with Guy Standing that EUR 560 a month is not enough. It should be around 1000 EUR. Demographics and migration are not in balance. Some have to live 'from hand to mouth' while others want to achieve a high standard of living as quickly as possible, but that alone is not enough. The realization often comes too late or not at all.

MeltingMan

Quote...Design matters...
😌

MeltingMan

The wealth gap - the gap between rich and poor in Switzerland | Documentary | SRF Doc

I am very happy for the Schneider-Riehle family, who have found a very nice house. It just fits perfectly. At that price, I could no longer sleep peacefully, but if both earn/calculate well over the next twenty years and don't get s*ck, it could fit.  :smth023

MeltingMan

Ulrich

Been to a cinema to watch "The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent" with Nicolas Cage (playing an ironic version of himself!); outside scenes were filmed in Croatia, looking nice.

Tear out the pages with all the bad news

Lollo

Rewatching this The Sims 4 series
I laughed in the mirror for the first time in a year.

Breathe
Breathe on me
Be like you used to be
Breathe on me

MeltingMan

Quoteround dance "Summer". choreographic ensemble "Youth"

Lollo

I laughed in the mirror for the first time in a year.

Breathe
Breathe on me
Be like you used to be
Breathe on me

MeltingMan

QuoteIn the Val de Travers, absinthe was diligently distilled black at the time of the ban. Moonshiners hide their ovens and supplies in the basement under false floors and behind false shelves. Because despite a major raid by the alcohol administration, they don't let their aperitif be taken away. [«Friday Magazine» of April 12, 1961]

MeltingMan

Murder in Maiensäss (SRF documentary)

Since the comments section has been blocked, I'd like to add a few thoughts here. It's not clear if she regretted what she did while she was in prison. Viewers are also unaware of the victim's last notes and how her relationship with her son was, especially after she served her sentence. For a documentation of this kind, unfortunately too many 'blank spots'.  :?