hi from Hellas

Started by iliast, September 29, 2018, 06:04:02

Previous topic - Next topic

chemicaloverload

Quote from: dsanchez on October 03, 2018, 17:46:22
Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 03, 2018, 17:39:23
I've never been to Greece

you have the chance to go next year for The Cure ;)

Oh how I have tried to swing it to make sure that is so but it sadly falls between a small window between coming home from Mexico and going out to Barcelona again. But I'll keep looking into it.
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

iliast

Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 03, 2018, 17:39:23
Quote from: iliast on October 03, 2018, 11:47:00
Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 02, 2018, 22:34:39
Quote from: dsanchez on October 02, 2018, 22:28:28
A cool name indeed :)

"The name of Greece differs in Greek compared with the names used for the country in other languages and cultures, just like the names of the Greeks. The ancient and modern name of the country is Hellas or Hellada (Greek: Ελλάς, Ελλάδα; in polytonic: Ἑλλάς, Ἑλλάδα), and its official name is the Hellenic Republic "Heliniki Dimokratia".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Greece

learn something new everyday :) thank you!

It's like Sverige=Sweden or Netherlands=Holland
If you will ask someone from these two countries, probably they will answer using the names Sverige or Netherlands.

Yeah, my Dutch friends tend to call it the Netherlands, my Swedish homie not so much. Hellas is a new concept for me altogether, I've never been to Greece. I hear such wonderful things about it, especially Crete  :happy Are you yourself from Athens? I read the things you've posted on the Greek tour stop

No, no. As I already answered to the other thread, I do not live in Athens. And as I already answered to this thread too (to your question), I live in Drama, Macedonia.

chemicaloverload

Oops, sorry. I thought you were just saying that's another cool place to say where someone might live!  Please excuse my mindlessness  :rofl Also, get used to it. It has it's upsides!

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

iliast

Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 03, 2018, 22:21:01
Oops, sorry. I thought you were just saying that's another cool place to say where someone might live!  Please excuse my mindlessness  :rofl Also, get used to it. It has it's upsides!

To death penalty!   :winking_tongue