how to extract audio files from DVD???

Started by lawrence, August 17, 2005, 10:51:10

Previous topic - Next topic

lawrence

Hi,

Once again and according the very helpful people here, i would like to know the programs to extract audio files from DVD!!! I have some great DVDs of Cure and others and i would really love to hear them in my car on CD.
Thanks for your help.
:D  :D  :D
i'm lost in a forest

cult_hero

hm... if the dvds are not copy protected it's not so difficult. the easist way in my opinion is to use tmpgenc xpress 3.0 (again). you can also use tmpgenc mpeg editor.

start a new project, click on source wizard, select your drive with the dvd inserted. an copy it to your hdd (create a folder you can find again easily  :wink: ). when the reading is complete select cancel, click on start and open the mpeg-tools. select demultiplexing and open your mpg that you saved on you hdd before. delete the field "video output" and press start. if you get an ac3-file you have to convert it. it's easy with this program: headac3he (http://www.darkav.de.vu/ - you must also download the azid.dll!). this program converts it to mp3, mp2, wav...

if you dvd is copy protected you need a little tool.  :wink: i don't know if it's legal when i post the name?!?

i hope this helps...

lawrence

Thank you for your help Cult_hero, you're a master of technical assistance!!!
:D  :D  :D
i'm lost in a forest

cult_hero

bluewater

Hi,

I use dvd-decrypter to take audio out of dvd's straight without any
compressing and without any changes. Depending on the case, you get either PCM or AC3 format that way. And you must then handle those formats for example with headac3he. I use BeSweet. dvd-decrypter can handle both copy-protected and un-protected content, as it can be used to rip any dvd to a hard disk. The program is a bit hard to use. someday i`ll write a how-to.

-bluewater
Life's too short to listen to lossy music