Whispering (and other noises)

Started by lordsquidy13, November 03, 2007, 23:04:01

Previous topic - Next topic

lordsquidy13

I've noticed that Smith whispers in a melody in quite a few songs. Of course, the most popular example is Lovesong's "Fly Me to The Moon".

Recently, I listened to Last Dance, and I heard a whispering melody between the second and third verses. Does anybody know what he's saying?

And then there's his jumbling in The 13th and the shreiking noises in Mint Car, in both which I bareley have a clue to half of the things he says in those sounds.

Hero

In "Last Dance" the whispering is "your name like ice into my heart" (i think), which is a line from "Cold".

AlluivialL

How about "The Caterpillar" in the beginning, if you turn it up loud, there's some mumbling in the background. It's been bugging me for quite some time now.

I just have no idea what he's saying.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

Hero

In "The Caterpillar" Robert sings the days of the week in a mixed up order
"Sunday tuesday wednesday ect..."

AlluivialL

Quote from: Hero on November 04, 2007, 14:14:33
In "The Caterpillar" Robert sings the days of the week in a mixed up order
"Sunday tuesday wednesday ect..."

Thank you, lol.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

arielcc

And then there's his jumbling in The 13th ....
"This song is called the two cool chord!"

Hero

Quote from: arielcc on November 04, 2007, 22:07:13
And then there's his jumbling in The 13th ....
"This song is called the two cool chord!"

Yeah and then i think he says "I think im in love" or something like that.

gioez

And in 10.15 Saturday Night, near the end, he whispers "It's alway the same"...
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

CureCrusader

I don't know about whispering in that song but I hear voices every time I go to sleep.... they tell me that Superman could beat thee Flash in a fight but I know that thats the wrong way around. Alice Cooper whispers a lot in The Black Widow (Welcome to my Nightmare 1975) or it sounds like it on my computer.
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Carnage Visor

I always find it very eerie in a way when he whispers like that, especially when I can't make out the words, it's like a ghostly voice...

I love the lines "Eyes like ice don't move" which he used more than once, can't remember exactly what songs, all I know is in the Hanging Garden Demo and I think either Cold or Figurehead.

The whispering in particular at the beginning of Caterpillar gives me chills! :smth020

And when and why exactly did he adopt the shrieking and yipping? I love it, but I've always wondered what exactly made him choose to do so...it's brilliant nonetheless.

lordsquidy13

Yeah, somehow, I think it makes Mint Car more cheery then Friday, thought the fast tempo, lyrics, and guitars also help. XD

Darth_Blood

and in lullaby he whispers something at the begining... someone knows waht he whispers???

sues777

I think the whispering at the beginning of Lullaby is "I spy with my little eye, something beginning with S".  Hope this is what you're after.

P.S. If you're listening to it on headphones and turn it up really loud, it almost feels like someone blowing in your ear...well, it does for me...I love it! :-D
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

lordsquidy13

"I Spy Something...... S"

I believe in the video, when he says this, there's an "S" on the wall.

Lady

Maybe I'm going to say a foolish thing...  :oops: ... yesterday I was listening to CLOSE TO ME with my headphones...we can hear robert breathing on the background, but in the last part of the song (the last "I've waited hours for this...") I think he says something while he sighes, but I can't decipher it :?...
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]