has anyone been to a '05/'06 depeche mode show?

Started by japanesebaby, January 20, 2006, 00:02:39

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

any good?    :D  or :smt076  ?

i didn't really enjoy the new album too much  :roll:   but i'm going to go and see them live in helsinki when they get here in march and it would be interesting to hear any comments so far...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Well, I haven't been to a show in person, but I have an excellent DVD of their KROQ Almost Acoustic Xmas show from last month (thanks to b.clark for making/sharing this).
I'm afraid I'm not an experienced "d.moder", but I think it was a very good performance. They surely put a lot of emotion and effort into their show. It got very wild at times. And they seemed to mix up the songs a lot ? not just new stuff.

I'll close with saying it was certainly entertaining. Again, I know nothing about them when compared to The Cure, so if I'm wrong and you end up going to a terrible show, please don't be mad at me! :oops:

japanesebaby

it's promising to hear that one could maybe expect to hear a good mix of songs. i'm not that big "d. moder" either and in any case i'm afraid it's going to be a bit of a nostalgia trip for me - not the best attitude to go to a show yes i know but cannot help it with this one...

(actually i'm slightly afraid of d. gahan's performance: i mean all that jumping&waving of hands and those 'hey!' and 'yeah!' yelps he likes to do... he always makes me feel somewhat embarrassed for some reason... :roll: :oops: )

lostflower4

At least I *think* it's a good mix. :oops:

Ron has an audio show from November on his page. Have you checked that one out yet?

And yes, there's lots of jumping and waving. :-D  Maybe that's what I meant when I said it gets "wild". It's a bit of a blur now, but sometimes they get absolutely crazy! Definitely much different than a Cure show... :shock:

japanesebaby

thanks i hadn't noticed that show on ron's page for some reason, i must have been blind...   :oops:

anyway i have nothing against a little bit (or even more) of jumping&waving in general, it's just my personal problem with a certain d.g.'s way of  jumping&waving like a... well, just have to live with that i guess  :wink:

bclark93

lol! the jumping and waving. its something that grows on you I guess.

Its was more anoying in the mid-90's with that long hair. I just coulnt get used to it bouncing around the way it did.

Put it in a ponytail or else!  :-D

japanesebaby

glad to know that someone shares my pain  :D  :wink:

yep the hair.. with that combined to the amount of sweating that he usually does... i mean please... i find it really hard to visually enjoy it at times... but still, i can probably survive the hair but those repeated "yeah!"s drive me crazy...

curiosa

my wife was there at the berlin-show (she's also going to see them in the "waldb?hne" in berlin), she said it was a really good show and the were in great shape

curiosa frank

japanesebaby

thanks for info frank
i'm looking forward to seeing them then...  :D
:smt006  marika

feefoo

i'm going to Bratislava show (11 June) and i'm really looking forward...i've got tickets almost three months :D

japanesebaby

i'm a little bit behind with any sort of report since the show was about 6 weeks ago...  :oops:
but anyway, a very decent performance - although the new stuff doesn't really strike me that much. AND yes, there was enormous amount of jumping&waving of course, i was in the front beside the catwalk so i saw it all maybe a bit too well at times - and definitely a bit too many "yeahs!" there :roll: but hey, it was nice to be jumping&waving yourself with 'never let me down again'!  ;-)

marika

[labyrinth]

saw them in Rome last month....
what an amazing perfomance... i enjoyed the whole show (every single track was played very good but Precious, a little bit slow) and liked very much the stage (with all those moving screens).
I das in front of Dave Gahan at 3 mt (+ or -)... what an unbelievable person!!

it actually gives me chill when i think of this concert :)

charlotte sometimes

I was in Bratislava (Slovakia) 11.6.2006 and it was amazing, because I've never seen DM live before.

[labyrinth]

Quote from: charlotte sometimes on August 19, 2006, 14:53:26
...because I've never seen DM live before...

ah, i forgot to say that was the first time for me,too !

japanesebaby

funny, i was actually a first timer too. always somehow managed to miss them until now.
but i have to say that i do feel that i really should have seen them earlier, during violator or something like that. SOFAD at the latest. it was a good show of course but still a bit too much of a nostalgia trip for me now - so probably not the band's fault, just my problem...