Hello from Montpellier, France

Started by -:- Elle Lie -:-, December 07, 2016, 14:37:58

Previous topic - Next topic

-:- Elle Lie -:-

Hello !

I live near Montpellier in the south of France.
My name is Leslie, I am 38 years old and I live alone with my 5 year old daughter.

I knew The Cure because my elder sister who was 12 years old at the time began listening to them. I was 8 years old.

As a younster, Robert's voice has always been a reassuring presence and assimilated to cheerful and joyful moments. Strange, is not it :)

I grew up with them until I was 15. Afterwards, I dropped a bit more or less because of the datings and the vagaries of life.
And you will not believe, I got the click when I saw them in concert, this year in November in Montpellier. That is 30 years later !!

In fact, I had a fairly strange life... I almost drowned at 7 years and my sister saved me. Then, I had a catastrophic professional life (still topical). I never really found my place... And my love life has been worse... So, I had a period of much questioning, especialy during my last separation. There is certainly something I struggle to do.. Highs and lows... What is the purpose in my life ? Why everything goes in bulk ???

All that to come back to the concert. As soon as I heard the voice of Robert, from the first notes, I felt as if I had found myself. This reassuring voice was still here and came back to me. I felt this benevolent presence.

I believe that during all these years, I lost a little astray and that evening, I found a feeling of well-being, love and goodwill. I sincerely believe that I found my place and that I have been next to the plate all theses years.

I know, it's a little weird but I swear I sincerely had this evidence. It does no explain, it is in the guts...

Robert is an angel ! Hallelujah !! :lol:(He would be glad to hear that lol)

Despite this, I assure you that I am a normal and balanced person, that I love life and my daughter... That's all  :) It is true that I have a character a bit wild but no problem if we are on the same wavelength.

Thank you to all those who read me to the end.

See you soon !

Ulrich

Quote from: -:- Elle Lie -:- on December 07, 2016, 14:37:58
I believe that during all these years, I lost a little astray and that evening, I found a feeling of well-being, love and goodwill. I sincerely believe that I found my place and that I have been next to the plate all theses years.

Wow. That is quite something. Especially for your first post here. Welcome to curefans!
I'm walking slowly and quickly, but always away...

Quote from: Ulrich on December 08, 2016, 13:33:36

Wow. That is quite something. Especially for your first post here. Welcome to curefans!

Thanks Ulrich  ;)

MeltingMan

Thank you to all those who read me to the end.

Nice and detailed introduction. Welcome!
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)