"Never Enough: The Story of The Cure" by Jeff Apter

Started by Andy, January 31, 2006, 00:46:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Has anybody read this book by Jeff Apter, released last year?

What are your opinions?
Is it worth buying?

Cheers
Andy

Anonymous

My girlfriend has it, and it looks very interesting. It's huge and Lol Tolhurst said that finnaly someone has a closer version to what happened... so it must be at least different than the all the other books around. From what i can remember it's almost everything text and no pictures, but i'm not sure... but everyone seems to like it too...I should buy it myself!

:)

Joe

It isn't released in America until March 1st which is just lame.

joanie

I :D reccommend this book...reading it once wasn't enough for me...I'm on my second time!!  There are some pictures in it as well...It is informative, and worth buying in my opinion.
It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Andy

Thanks for the comments. Think I will buy it soon. Will let you all know what I think once I've read it.

Cheers
Andy

scatcat

frustrated with Amazon!!!!  :evil:

still waiting for this book... it has been 2 months  :smth011
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

and... finally Amazon got back to me.... an estimated further 2 months for delivery... aarrghhh!!!   :smth011    :evil:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Not to rub it in or anything, scatcat.... but I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I got it today.... It's weird that they're making you wait so long. Well, I ordered it from Amazon UK. It would probably be quicker if I sent you my copy after I've read it!
Anyway, I didn't have time to read today, but I just opened it up and read a random sentence... And it said that Robert's nickname for Mary was "M" (hence the song title). Well, I just had to tell my husband and we had a good laugh, because our friends tease him about the fact that he always calls me "R"!

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on January 26, 2008, 20:35:22
Not to rub it in or anything, scatcat.... but I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I got it today.... It's weird that they're making you wait so long.

yes, like salt in an open wound   :smth089
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

Quote from: scatcat on January 27, 2008, 04:13:19
Quote from: robiola on January 26, 2008, 20:35:22
Not to rub it in or anything, scatcat.... but I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and I got it today.... It's weird that they're making you wait so long.

yes, like salt in an open wound   :smth089

i just got ANOTHER email from Amazon (f****)  The book is going to take a FURTHER 2 MONTHS!!!!  :smth011 :evil:

WTF??  :shock:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Quote from: scatcat on February 02, 2008, 15:36:06
i just got ANOTHER email from Amazon (f****)  The book is going to take a FURTHER 2 MONTHS!!!!  :smth011 :evil:

WTF??  :shock:

Can you cancel your order? Is that possible? And try to order it from another seller, or maybe Amazon UK? I mean, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on February 02, 2008, 16:18:26
Can you cancel your order? Is that possible? And try to order it from another seller, or maybe Amazon UK? I mean, it's getting a bit ridiculous.

ridiculous!!  :evil: you are so right... I'll try that... thanks!!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

WOOO HOOO!!! I did just what you suggested Robiola...  :smth023  I cancelled my order with Amazon.com, and ordered with Amazon.com.uk, and recieved an email today.... BOOK IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!  :smth041 :smth038 :smth026
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Quote from: scatcat on February 04, 2008, 11:09:37

WOOO HOOO!!! I did just what you suggested Robiola...  :smth023  I cancelled my order with Amazon.com, and ordered with Amazon.com.uk, and recieved an email today.... BOOK IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!!!  :smth041 :smth038 :smth026

Yay! So perhaps I am forgiven for the slight "rubbing salt into open wound" faux-pas?
Now when you read it we can chat about the contents -- I'm about halfway through it.
P.S.  Have you perchance noticed that the spell check option wants to change my nick to "reboil"? Yuck.

Joe

Is this book out of print now? I saw it a few months ago at a local bookstore and I regret not picking it up, but when checking borders.com, I only saw a few used copies.