how to cut a full show

Started by Tof, August 13, 2005, 16:31:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Tof

does someone know how to cut a full show like benicassim in 23 files ???
witch program ???

Thanks in advance

Tof
Tof

cult_hero

convert it to wav and open it with a wav-editor. or burn it with nero (i think it's the easiest way)...

Tof

OK THANKS YOU CULT HERO
I try this
Tof

dsanchez

Ok, you can use Goldwave

http://www.goldwave.com/

Once you have the big wave file, use EDIT > CUE POINT > EDIT CUE POINTS and there you set a CUE POINT (mark).

Once you have the 23 marks, there is an option on the SPLIT in 23 files ;)...Just go to EDIT > CUE POINT > SPLIT FILES...

And that's all :)

David.

Quote from: Tofdoes someone know how to cut a full show like benicassim in 23 files ???
witch program ???

Thanks in advance

Tof
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

Ok, I think my way is a bit more "ghetto" that some of the other ways mentioned, but it works great for me.

I use Adobe Audition. There is a way to use track cues in this program as well, but it's a huge pain in the ass. Here's how I do it...

Once you get the one big file loaded, I zoom in to a little bit above the average track length, say about 7 minutes. Then I find exactly where I want to cut the next track, set the time marker at this point and highlight back to 0:00. Then I use "cut" and then "file", "new", and open a blank wave file. Just make sure it's set at 44.1 K, stereo, and 16-bit.

Then I paste this portion in and save it as a wav file. It's a good idea to number the track each time you do this. Then I close the last new file saved to free up some memory, go back and find the next track division, cut and paste, and do the same thing over and over until I'm at the last file.

Once you get to the last remaining portion, the last file... This is important... Be sure use the "save as" feature so that you don't accidentally overwrite your original file!  :!:

Once this is all done you will have a bunch of nice individual wav files ready to burn with your program of choice.  If you do it right, you will actually have a gapless CD made from mp3's (assuming that was your original source).

But please, don't try to fool anyone with this. I'm not anti-mp3, but I have received many CD's from traders that were mp3 sourced but disguised to be lossless copies. This is bad ethics, and some traders will get really pissed! :twisted:

This process is a lot easier than it may sound. I've been using Cool Edit Pro and Audition for a long time, so maybe that's why I can do it so fast this way. But I like how it allows me to cut very accurately. I've tried GoldWave, and I actually found it more time consuming if you're trying to make very specific intervals.

lostflower4

Forget everything I said before. After far too long I've just discovered CD Wave. You can get it here:

http://www.milosoftware.com/cdwave

It's almost too easy to use. You can split things with 1/100 of a second accuracy with great ease and quickly export them to individual wav files, even other formats if you like. You can also save the cue list for future use or open it in Nero for instant CD burning. It's just so easy. I'll never go back! :-D

I've tried GoldWave before, and this is so much better! Sorry, David. :wink:

j

Thanks Caley....I will have to use this in my near future endevours :wink: !!

psychophysio

Quote from: lostflower4Forget everything I said before. After far too long I've just discovered CD Wave. You can get it here:

http://www.milosoftware.com/cdwave

It's almost too easy to use. You can split things with 1/100 of a second accuracy with great ease and quickly export them to individual wav files, even other formats if you like. You can also save the cue list for future use or open it in Nero for instant CD burning. It's just so easy. I'll never go back! :-D

I use CD Wave as well - fiendishly easy to use!