I can't find "shake dog shake" open tuning

Started by yann_de_cannes, September 24, 2006, 08:28:25

Previous topic - Next topic

yann_de_cannes

Does anyone knows which weird open tuning Robert uses in "shake dog shake"? I have tried to find it in some "tabs" site, but impossible to get the right one that sounds correctly.
If someone has it, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssse "Give Me it"
Bye
Yann
Standing on a beach with sunglasses in my hand

temptation-cure

Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

strange_day

i dont know what the exact tuning for shake dog shake is, i think its something around C minor, so i guess its something like:

E - D#
B - C
G - G
D - C
A - G
E - drop C maybe?

i dont know if this is correct, but listening to what robert plays on the guitar in this song, i guess this tuning would work pretty well....................hope this is some help.......

crowbi_wan

Quote from: strange_day on September 25, 2006, 01:21:16
i dont know what the exact tuning for shake dog shake is, i think its something around C minor, so i guess its something like:

E - D#
B - C
G - G
D - C
A - G
E - drop C maybe?

i dont know if this is correct, but listening to what robert plays on the guitar in this song, i guess this tuning would work pretty well....................hope this is some help.......

I remember seeing it listed in Guitar Player or perhaps another guitar mag a while back.  That looks right.   

Purple Orchid

E - Eb
B - C
G - G
D - C
A - G
E - C

That's the one indeed. At the beginning of Shake Dog Shake from Hammersmith May 09 '84 (from cult hero's page) you can hear Robert checking the tuning and lowering the 6th string.
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...

lostflower4

Quote from: Purple Orchid on September 26, 2006, 20:18:47

E - Eb
B - C
G - G
D - C
A - G
E - C

That's the one indeed. At the beginning of Shake Dog Shake from Hammersmith May 09 '84 (from cult hero's page) you can hear Robert checking the tuning and lowering the 6th string.

Awesome, thanks.

Now does anyone know the acoustic guitar tuning used for the newer versions of If Only Tonight We Could Sleep? I remember someone asked Perry about it in an interview, but he said he couldn't remember off-hand. :?

strange_day

haha not bad for a guess!.............do you mean versions from 2005 onwards without the acoustic? or versions older than that?

lostflower4

Quote from: strange_day on September 26, 2006, 21:51:48
haha not bad for a guess!.............do you mean versions from 2005 onwards without the acoustic? or versions older than that?

I was talking mainly about the versions they did with Perry from 2000-2004. But I think Porl may be doing the same thing...

Yves28

E - D#
B - C
G - G
D - C
A - G
E - drop C maybe?

I once tried to tune my guitar with this open tune, I broke some strings ...
Illsutration that music can be sometimes dangerous ...  ;)