Nine Inch Nails - Helsinki 2007.04.10 + Ankkarock Festival 2007.08.05

Started by japanesebaby, April 14, 2007, 08:45:28

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

anyone else that saw then recently?
helsinki was the very last date on their european tour, so it was bound to be a special night - and definitely was! awesome!!
very tight performance, the band was making some freaking gorgeous noise :rocker
and with lots of good old stuff being played.
as always, it was pretty dark, lots of smoke (reminds me of some good old days, ah! ;)), no extra gimmicks on stage design etc. (apart from those lamps above the stage - i really liked that!).

in all, it had a rather strange effect on me: i was having this utter killer headache all day on the day of the concert and this made me a bit worried whether or not i was even going to survive the strobo hell of 'march of the pigs' etc.
- but afterwards, i felt terrific! i think it got me all cured and purified, somehow....: 
"you know what to do?....... MARCH!!!"  damn but you just can't disobey that, no matter what! :rocker :P

i guess the tour continues in australia/japan in may so if you happen to be around those parts of the world,
imho DO NOT MISS!

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

my pics came out crappy because i wasn't really on the range to use flash and it was pretty much too dark otherwise
- and also impossible to keep one's balance enough in the crowds most of the time for longer exposures that would have been required.

i'm uploading some videos i took on youtube (although that means they'll look like sh*t too but heyyyy youtube's so cool... ;P)

anyway it was funny, the first piece of music that they used to clear out the arena (check the attached video clip)
;)

Steve

Aaaaaaaaaarghh!!!! :x :x :x :x
SDW is possibly the worst song the Cure ever made & sure to clear an entire arena  ;)
Sounds like a good night then Marika (apart from SDW  ;)).
Any audio likely to become available  :)?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

japanesebaby

hahaha well for me, better 'six different ways' than 'us or them'...  :evil:

i don't know if anyone recorded... :? it seems that often around here you have to go and record yourself if you ever wish to find a recording at all - anyway i wanted to concentrate on pogoing and just enjoy the show! :lol:
and i was happy to find a couple of really good recordings from the european dates from previous week so those serve the purpose at the moment. :)
but if anyone ever comes across this show, please let me know!

here's some clips that were filmed by me... (yes quality is crap, but hey that's youtube, what can you expect? and my poor little camera just can't take that sort of volume levels. anyway you get impression of where i was in the crowd, if you wish.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSKK0Rys7S4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVXxq3_0CtI  (the lamps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RKeOb5kFKE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNQz8AWvS0k

japanesebaby

YESSS !  :rocker

Monday, April 16, 2007

NINE INCH NAILS TO HEADLINE ANKKAROCK SUNDAY

The headliner of the sunday of Ankkarock will be the industrial legend Nine Inch Nails from The United States. Their new album Year Zero will be released tomorrow. The spectacular Nine Inch Nails show was last seen in Finland at Helsinki Ice Hockey Arena last week.

The success of Nine Inch Nails started with their 1989 debut album Pretty Hate Machine. It was a totally new kind of blend of rough electronic rhythms and metal. After that release they've been without a doubt the #1 industrial band in the world. The final international breaktrough of Nine Inch Nails was the album Downward Spiral, which was released in 1994. The album is still considered as one of the most important industrial albums.

After Downward Spiral Nine Inch Nails hasn't been busy releasing music. In the fall of 1999 they released a massive double-album The Fragile and the the follow-up With Teeth took six years to finish and was released in 2005. Now they're back with a concept-album Year Zero that will be relesed tomorrow on Tuesday 17th of April.

Ticket sales to Ankkarock will begin on Wednesday 18th of April from the website of Ankkarock and from the box offices of Tiketti and Lippupalvelu. Pre-sale price of the two-day ticket will be 65 euros and one day saturday and sunday tickets will cost 40 euros.

Other international acts at Ankkarock are: The Ark (SWE), The Sounds (SWE), Dir en grey (JPN), Millencolin (SWE), The Gathering (NED), Mando Diao (SWE) and Leningrad (RUS).

http://www.myspace.com/ankkarock

japanesebaby

NIN headlined the 2nd day for Ankkarock festival, about 30 kilometers from helsinki. just came home from there...
one of the most awesome gigs i've ever been to - absolutely mindblowing performance...! 
i'd need to wait until someone posts the setlist somewhere - i was concentrating on pogoing so i didn't exactly have time to write it down...
but they even played 'dead souls'!  :rocker

+ the new stuff works very well live, considering that it's not at all that guitar-based. but it was actually cool to see them putting down the guitars for a while and line up behind the laptops!

j

Glad you enjoyed yourself (did you get my email last week with the sample of Woodstock 94?).  At the risk of sounding old here, the first time I saw them was in a less than 1000 seat venue in New Jersey...probably around 1990 or 91.  Right around Pretty Hate Machine.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 06, 2007, 01:05:32
but they even played 'dead souls'!  :rocker

Oh hell yeah.  :rocker :rocker :rocker  I think I'm going to dig out The Crow soundtrack.  Haven't listened to it in ages. 

japanesebaby

setlist:

01 Hyperpower!
02 The Beginning of the End
03 Sin
04 March of the Pigs
05 Closer
06 Survivalism
07 Gave Up
08 Me, I'm Not
09 The Great Destroyer
10 Eraser
11 Only
12 Wish
13 The Good Soldier
14 Dead Souls
15 The Hand That Feeds
16 Head Like a Hole
17 Hurt

the first half of the show up until 'gave up' - no remorse to the audience. :smth023
and this had to be maybe the best concert in the history of that festival and then some dude fucks it all up by lighting the fuse for the closing fireworks during 'hurt'...  :oops: everyone (including reznor) was like "wtf???". the audience ended up booing for the whole fireworks thing and trent took it like a pro and they finished the song despite the idiotism provided by the organizers.
now that's what i call a screw-up, if anything - and a lot of money badly spent too! it literally went up in the air for nothing...
i think someone in the festival organization is getting currently fired today... :oops:

(@j: yes i've got your mail. i'm sorry i've been seriously slow in replying these days.)