2008.05.17 Rosemont - Allstate Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:13:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Plainsong

I just got home and I thought the show on Saturday was beyond amazing! Robert's vocal troubles weren't really that noticeable, the energy was fantastic, and getting to hear Plainsong like that was so moving I couldn't believe it.
Also I may lose all my street cred for this but finally getting to hear Friday I'm In Love live was just a little piece of heaven for me. I think I hit the ceiling when it started!

Giuseppe Eisonhawk

two of my gf's were cured on their stroll by the sofitel through the downtown Chicago air. It was soon at or around 12:30
soo cool
may it be me or it maybe you

Giuseppe Eisonhawk

it was cool, she said
my x-gf, actually from Chicago, sayed Simon gave the on the stand off-ish side & that Porl was the best.
8)
My x-gf Jill has such great taste. They sayed Robert cozied up somewhere else & they were all getting ready to go on stage live.
may it be me or it maybe you

cure_kitty

Finally got back late yesterday from a very strange weekend that I spent with my friend in Chicago. She has gotten quite religious over the past few months I told me it was a sin to go to the Cure Show.  She kept convincing me not to go but I told her I'm going no matter what.  She stopped bothering me about it but I knew she was mad at me.  She acted very weird the rest of the weekend.  But that's another story not suited for the boards here.  Despite all of her weirdness I still enjoyed my stay in Chicago.  Saw quite a lot of stuff!  It's a cool town to visit!  8)

Anyways, I had an awesome time at the The Cure show Saturday Night. They sounded good even with Robert's voice problems towards the end of the show. He did alright considering that he's sick.  Traded seats with a guy so he could sit with his friends, so I got to move up about 3 rows on the floor. Most of the night I had an excellent view of the stage but there was this 6'5' guy a few rows in front of me part of the time so I did have some trouble seeing Robert.  But this guy did leave the show for a while to get a beer so at least for part of the show I could see everything. Even with my original seat the guy would have still been in my way.  The set-list was much the same as the Philly show but I still enjoyed it.  The crowed was really into it.  Cheering & singing along much more than in Philly and I thought the crowd was a lot younger too.  Unfortunately I stood between two people who were not into the show at all.  They didn't move an inch or even clap/cheer at the end of the songs!  They had to have hated me with all the dancing & cheering I was doing.  :-D

I was disappointed with Disintegration since it didn't sound quite right but I enjoyed Plainsong, Sleep While I'm Dead & the The Kiss once again.  Most people knew none of the new songs & kind of stood around while they were playing them but when the songs were over, they did cheer!  Robert did a bit of dancing that got the crowd excited.  Couldn't understand what he said when he talked but he did mention that he was sick & sounding awful.  He really made the best of it and still sound great!  After the 3rd encore they kept the stage lights on for about 3-4 minutes & the crowed kept cheering & I really thought we were maybe getting a 4th encore but then the floor lights went on.  Too bad it didn't happen.  Overall my impressions of the show were very good but for me I think they were a lot better in Philly.  Still I loved it & I had great night! :smth020

I've got a few pictures to post so I'll get them up in the Gallery later tonight when I get home from work. I'm not even sure how they all came out I just kept clicking away.
Good reviews to all who have posted & excellent pictures j, modulated & iwannashagsimon.  Thanks for sharing!  :smth023

andoocure

glad to hear you had a great night as well! i'm just dying to see them again but don't know if i will get a chance to again on this tour :(
I want to keep this feeling
Deep inside of me
I want you always in my heart
You are everything

cure_kitty

Quote from: andoocure on May 20, 2008, 21:15:41
glad to hear you had a great night as well! i'm just dying to see them again but don't know if i will get a chance to again on this tour :(
Yes it was a great night & I'm glad your 1st cure concert was awesome for you.  Hope you get a chance to catch another show.  :D

Besides Philly & Chicago, I was going to go to Cleveland & maybe a show to NYC but I don't have the extra vacation time or the money to go.  So I'll have to wait for another tour in the future too!  :smth020 

It would be so cool if everyone could just travel along with the cure on tour.  :-D

Soxguy

Quote from: cure_kitty on May 20, 2008, 21:22:25

It would be so cool if everyone could just travel along with the cure on tour.  :-D

AMEN to that sunshine!  after every song they should get a spotlight on one unsuspecting fan and those 34 fans (34 songs in chicago)  would get free tix to the next show..in this case KC.   and so on...haha :smth026

i've had wayyyyyyy too much mountain dew... :-D
"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

Cure Freak

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on May 19, 2008, 20:27:42
I added 3 photos to the Rosemont gallery.  I took tons more, but I got a lousy camera and these are the better ones.
really nice!
were cameras allowed?
i want to take photos at mine.

modulated

Hey everyone -

Just added a few more pics . . . I'm trying to get as many done as possible, but there's cropping/resizing to be done for all them as they're super duper high resolution.  I'll probably have more up over the next few days :-)

andoocure

yeah, i really want to go to Cleveland but probably shouldn't spend the money :(
Deep inside of me
You are everything

cure_kitty

I've added some photos of the show to the Gallery.  Not the best but not too bad.  :)

I would have had some really great pictues if it wasn't for the giant of a guy in from of me.  No matter how hard I tried to avoid his head, it would get in the way.  It sucks being short!  :?

I have more at my photobucket page.  I just didn't want to post them here since they are not all that great.

http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/ii145/ddalasio/The%20Cure%20Chicago%202008/?start=all

cure_kitty

Quote from: modulated on May 21, 2008, 06:47:52
Hey everyone -

Just added a few more pics . . . I'm trying to get as many done as possible, but there's cropping/resizing to be done for all them as they're super duper high resolution.  I'll probably have more up over the next few days :-)

Your pictures are excellent!  Hope to see a few more.  :smth023

Soxguy

Quote from: cure_kitty on May 21, 2008, 15:04:07

I would have had some really great pictues if it wasn't for the giant of a guy in from of me.  No matter how hard I tried to avoid his head, it would get in the way.  It sucks being short!  :?

i'm literally shooting coffee out of my nose after reading that... :smth043

the pictures are fine sunshine  :smth023  i was going to try to smuggle in an old camera i had but ended up leaving it at some gas station in iowa.  :smth073

u did alot more than alot of people would.  i can't say it enough on how cool the people are on this site. :smth045
"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

andoocure

i must agree, the people on this site are very awesome
Deep inside of me
You are everything

silversand

Thanks iwannashagsimon for the pictures :)
Thanks cure_kitty to the link :) They're really nice pictures :)

I was at the Chicago show and i had a very good view to the stage (row 10)
and i have to say i enjoy my last Cure concert for a long time, very much!!!
It was great!!!! Robert was soooo damn cute and charming :)
And what i really loved was that Simon smiled :), because he doesn't smile often.
The setlist was so like in Europe, the different was, that they played more pop songs than dark-side songs.

It was a very long flight to Chicago, but it was worth it!!!
I got home very early today, and i'm a bit tired.