No new songs will be played in the Australian/NZ tour

Started by monghi, August 07, 2007, 21:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

monghi

ON...

8/7/2007 10:49:30 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

AIIIIIEEEEEE!
SEEMS LIKE MOST PEOPLE ARE ENJOYING THESE SHOWS AS MUCH AS WE ARE - IF THAT'S POSSIBLE?!!

THANKS FOR ALL THE ENCOURAGING REVIEWS/POSTS - THIS IS THE REAL FUN...

WE HAVE THE MOST INCREDIBLE FEELING IN THE BAND OFFSTAGE AND ON - THESE CONCERTS ARE MAKING ALL FOUR OF US VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY...

AIIIIIEEEEEE!

ANYWAY...
A FEW SMALL THINGS

ITS PRETTY UNLIKELY WE WILL INTRODUCE ANY NEW (UNRELEASED) SONGS INTO THE SET IN AUSTRALIA/NZ - I WAS TRYING TO GET THE NEW ALBUM FINISHED RIGHT UP UNTIL WE LEFT SO WE ONLY HAD TIME TO REHEARSE SONGS I REALLY KNEW (?!) (REMEMBERING CHORDS AND WORDS AND STUFF AND GETTING LIGHTS SORTED AND... WELL... IT ALL TAKES TIME!!!) AND ANYWAY: THE POINT OF THIS TRIP FOR US IS ALL ABOUT PLAYING LIVE MUSIC IN A GROUP CALLED THE CURE - REDISCOVERING A FIRE AND A PASSION... AND I THINK WE ARE DOING JUST THAT
THERE WILL HOWEVER BE A FEW MORE SURPRISES OVER THE NEXT 5 SHOWS...
OBVIOUSLY
WHEN WE GET TO THE USA WE WILL HAVE ABOUT 25 MORE SONGS TO PICK AND CHOOSE FROM - INCLUDING LOTS OF NEW ONES!
THE NEW ALBUM HAS TO BE JUST RIGHT - WHICH IS WHY ITS TAKING A BIT OF TIME...

BUT IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!

AND...
NO
ITS LATE...

SO
ON...
TO BRISBANE!
RSX
i never said i would stay to the end

[labyrinth]

hmm

it was maybe predictable now, they weren't going to play new songs...

the part of "we're enjoying" and bla bla sounds GREAT!

while the news about the album, let me "understand" that we won't have it 'till the beginning of 2008.

j

Just corrected a spelling error in the title.  Unless it is news that they aren't playing any "sons" in the AU/NZ shows   ;)

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on August 07, 2007, 22:36:29
Just corrected a spelling error in the title.  Unless it is news that they aren't playing any "sons" in the AU/NZ shows   ;)

but didn't robert once say when asked why he has no kids in an interview something like "i consider my songs to be my children".
so maybe no new sons will be performed then, but how about his more feminine creations? maybe we'll hear a daughter or two there after all... ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

strange_day

It all sounds very good, i guessed as much that no new stuff would be appearing until the USA.....

Great to see that theyre actually all really happy in the group, you can sort of tell with the 3 hours + at every show  :D

Tof

Quote from: monghi on August 07, 2007, 21:23:39
OBVIOUSLY
WHEN WE GET TO THE USA WE WILL HAVE ABOUT 25 MORE SONGS TO PICK AND CHOOSE FROM - INCLUDING LOTS OF NEW ONES!

Thank you Robert for the news !!!

NEW songs for the US tour  :-D
Tof

nausearockpig

yeah that's great.. i can understand their point of view, and yes they can do whatever the hell they want but maybe they could have delayed the tour a bit, practised the new songs, released the album and THEN toured?? so we could all enjoy the new songs live, not just the US fans..

still i'm stoked that we're seeing them tonight and i know it will be a blast!!! i noticed that in another forum I mentioned how cool it would be if they played Jumping Someone Else's Train and they have... sweet... i better go post my other requests over there...

Tof

Quote from: monghi on August 07, 2007, 21:23:39
THERE WILL HOWEVER BE A FEW MORE SURPRISES OVER THE NEXT 5 SHOWS...

another journey by train can be a surprise for one of "THE NEXT 5 SHOWS"

jumping someone else's train, another journey by train, grinding halt

:smth020
Tof

Secrets

Shame..I was thinking the double concerts in Sydney would have been the first chance to see something new.

Curious as to what the surprises might be as I'm told Perth and Adelaide were very good though, pretty similar, sets (I've avoided looking up the setlist to preserve my excitement so please no spoilers outside the concert threads just yet ;->)

QuoteOBVIOUSLY

Does that mean time inbetween the legs to rehearse or time to finish the album?

edit: sp.

[labyrinth]

themurderchair

oh man.. im loving this promise of 'suprises' over the next 5 shows...
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

j

Quote from: Secrets on August 08, 2007, 03:30:25
Does that mean time inbetween the legs to rehearse or time to finish the album?

There are 30 days from the last Aussie/NZ date until the first US date (Aug 14->Sep 13).  Maybe it'll give them time to rehearse the entire Faith album... :smth023

Quote from: nausearockpig on August 08, 2007, 02:10:20
yeah that's great.. i can understand their point of view, and yes they can do whatever the hell they want but maybe they could have delayed the tour a bit, practised the new songs, released the album and THEN toured?? so we could all enjoy the new songs live, not just the US fans..

In the words of Homer Simpson.... USA! USA! USA!

boneheadhaggar

this news of further surprises sounds exciting, I just hope some recordings of these shows start surfacing soon, my Singapore discs are getting worn out :smth020
its nice to be nice