The Cure vs. Siouxsie & The Banshees

Started by RETROFORWARD, August 08, 2007, 22:17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnage Visor

Okay...what is this? Is this a real event or what? Is it a joke??? :shock:

RETROFORWARD

it's a club night dedicated to the cure, siouxsie and the banshees, glove, creatures, other side projects and collaborations.

FarFar

Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

shel1971

Is this a joke? Did these guys not realize Robert was part of Siouxsie and the Banshees at one time? They may be from the same era and genre, but they are both great with totally different attributes and styles for a fan base that can enjoy them both.

strange_day

I wouldnt say you could compare the two really, apart from the stereotypical lazy "Bunch of goffs" label. I mean personally i prefer The Cure, but its not really comparable when you consider that The Banshees were coming from a different 'sound' place, if that makes sense? The Cure kind of went off that way a bit with The Top, but even then its nothing like the Banshees. The main link you can really hear is just the fact that Robert played guitar with them, but its a totally differnt guitar thing going on there........ dunno, i guess id still stick with The Cure  ;)

Steve

I think he did a sterling job with he Banshees.
I saw the Banshees, I think it was the day after he quit them :( on the Hyena tour.

Both very different bands, but I enjoyed them both & of course, Siouxsie Sioux was IMHO prettier than Mad Bob :lol:
& don't forget that she actually worked with The Cure first (backing vocals on I'm Cold)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

silversand

I like both bands very much, but i like of course The Cure more :)
The Cure advanced themselves musically more than The Banshees i think.
I mean Siouxsie and the Banshees didn't do it in the way they could've done it.

Yes, Robert has done a great job during his time in the Banshees!

Steve

I think they both messed it up.
What was all that Peek a Boo crap?
& what was that Wild Mood Swings crap?
Love 'em both, don't get me wrong, but wtf was that all about ffs?
Cheers
Steve

strange_day

It was a shame with the Banshees, anything during/after '84 is a bit hit or miss, the odd good song here and there, but they never did anything to beat good old John McGeoch. Siouxsie's new song is quite good though, growing on me all the time....  8)

Steve

I've got an autographed tour program from the year after.
She kissed me too :oops:
Think the prog would be desireable to someone?
Cheers
Steve

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: Steve on September 01, 2007, 09:58:31
I think he did a sterling job with he Banshees.
I saw the Banshees, I think it was the day after he quit them :( on the Hyena tour.

Both very different bands, but I enjoyed them both & of course, Siouxsie Sioux was IMHO prettier than Mad Bob :lol:
& don't forget that she actually worked with The Cure first (backing vocals on I'm Cold)

Hmm, your just too damned cool there Steve me ol' chum!! I think I dislike you! Nah just kidding, I'm jealous as always! I had the opportuntiy to see S&TB (and The Creatures - as they did a few gigs in between) for that 7 year itch tour a few years back now... and I kick myself when I think about it, because I was too bloody chicken to go to the gig alone!!! No one around me likes them (or The Cure for that matter) so I couldn't find anyone to go with... I had a 'thing' about going to gigs alone you see - I hated to do it solo!!!! But no point crying over split milk is there *sniff sniff* I think having a kiss from Ms Sioux is very cool also! Any chance you posting the pic of the autographed prog.???

I have to say that I like most of the Banshees earlier stuff (like Love in a void, Christine, Metal postcard etc...) better than the newer stuff (Kiss them for me is brill and also the Batman song face to face - I always requested that of the DJ at my ol' haunt!!!) their music has always taken me longer to like than The Cure's... however, Wild Mood Swings will never get a repeat playing from me - LOL, I just can not get into that album... (Club America and The 13th are all I listen too on that one, although that song from Mint Car's b-side, um, homesick I think it is, is an ABSOLUTE pearler!!!).

I would've liked to go to that gig that RETROFORWARD told us about... LOL, even though I'm far too unfit for it, I would've danced meself stupid!! What could be better than having The Cure and The Banshees being played all night????
"prone to flights of whimsy"

FarFar

Quote from: Steve on September 02, 2007, 01:30:47
I think they both messed it up.
What was all that Peek a Boo crap?
& what was that Wild Mood Swings crap?
Love 'em both, don't get me wrong, but wtf was that all about ffs?

its true they both messed it up but they are unique and weird....that's why i like the cure and siouxsie & banshees.....
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

Janko

I LOVE THEM BOTH EQUALLY

I SIMPLY ADORE SUPERSTITION  AND  RAPTURE

IT'S SUCH A SHAME THEY FELL APART AFTER SUCH A GREAT SONGS...

THEN AGAIN, THAY WENT WITH A BANG!

:rocker
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason