Universal music group has joined the party

Started by ROGUE, December 09, 2007, 17:05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

Noticed while popping in at the 'official site', that the logo's at the bottom had changed.

From Suretone, Geffen.   And now also Universal Music Group.

Iam glad Universal are in,  But wondering if there are any other thoughts on this matter ?   :smth020

Enjoy  :rocker

(we'll see, iam never sure about creating topics  :oops: )

dsanchez

Quote from: ROGUE on December 09, 2007, 17:05:09
Iam glad Universal are in,  But wondering if there are any other thoughts on this matter ?   :smth020

Universal was always there, as Geffen Records is just one of the many labels owned by this big company. I guess they just put the logo to let notice the connection between both Geffen and Universal.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

ROGUE

OK thats good then.

Lots of people didnt know, as i popped this topic up on the official site too.  Thank you David.  I was wondering.  :smth023

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

scatcat

Quote from: ROGUE on December 09, 2007, 17:05:09

From Suretone, Geffen.   And now also Universal Music Group.

each company has shares in others.. for safeguard.. Each as money-hungry as the next, with royalties being directed away from the artists..
Global Monopoly.. hence the anti-establishment protests at each of the summits...
Let's hope that Bob and The Band make a break from the control of the Establishment and take control of their own future..

:rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Mumble mumble...
Should have stayed with Fiction....mumble mumble... :roll:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

sues777

I agree - should have stayed with Fiction, things seemed a lot "simpler" then - but I didn't think they had a choice in the end?  Didn't Chris Parry sell Fiction?  I seem to remember there was a whole lot of legal wrangling at the time as Parry also sold the rights to their songs?  :?
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show