Super size me!

Started by dsanchez, December 14, 2007, 15:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

A great documental about how fast food is not good at all.

From Wikipedia:

Super Size Me is an Academy Award-nominated 2004 documentary film, directed by and starring Morgan Spurlock, an American independent filmmaker. The film is closely linked to Eric Schlosser's Fast Food Nation, a book written somewhat earlier, that examines the impact of the fast food industry and the huge agribusiness companies on the health of the individual consumer. Spurlock's film follows a 30-day time period (February 2003) during which he subsists entirely on food and items purchased exclusively from McDonald's, and the film documents this lifestyle's drastic effects on Spurlock's physical and psychological well-being and explores the fast food industry's corporate influence, including how it encourages poor nutrition for its own profit. During the filming, Spurlock dined at McDonald's restaurants three times per day, sampling every item on the chain's menu at least once. He consumed an average of 5,000 calories (the equivalent of 9.26 Big Macs) per day during the experiment.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

LuvURobert

Thanks, David. 

I do remember seeing some of this a while back and it made me feel pretty sick afterwards.  If I can remember correctly... Spurlock didn't look/feel too good after a while either!  :shock:

Fast food is definitely NOT good for you.  I find it amusing that someone actually tried to sue them (or was it another fast food chain) for that very reason ~ because the food's not good for you!  Duh?  What were they thinking? :?
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

melly

This was on tv here in Oz a little while ago...the guys liver, heart etc. started to pack up on him..BUT  who eats at these places 3 times a day, 7 days a week?! Surely not...I know he was proving a point, but one would hope that people wouldn't be eating this type of food EVERY day?!McDonalds food may not be so good, but what they do behind the scenes is truly amazing...building "Ronald McDonald" houses for families to stay in to be near their kids who have cancer and are in hospital. These places can have up to 120 families Australia wide at any time! They build holiday homes where families can go together to have some "time out" and spend some vauable time with each other...they pay for families to go on short holidays etc etc...
So, they use some of their profits to help kids with cancer.

Whilst the food may not be good ( they are introducing "healthier" alternatives now) people have to take responsability for their actions..constantly eat "fast food" and you will end up a blob...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

thanks David!

I have not seen all the movie yet, just bits and pieces. I can't stand McDonalds food.. their chips taste just like animal fat!!  :shock:

yes melly.. they do support sick kids, which is a good thing  :smth023

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life