roger waters' pig got loose! :P

Started by japanesebaby, May 10, 2008, 19:06:15

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

ok i know this is old news already but i just read about it yesterday (because i'm so damn slow etc.etc.). anyway i thought it was somehow funny:

lost!:

Roger Waters' inflatable pig flew away @ Coachella??? Reward offered for its return!

COACHELLA ORGANIZERS OFFER $10, 000 REWARD AND FOUR FESTIVAL TICKETS FOR LIFE IN EXCHANGE FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF THE INFLATABLE PIG THAT ESCAPED DURING SUNDAY HEADLINER ROGER WATERS' SET

watch the youtube video that captures the moment of "the great escape"!:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/04/roger_waters_in.html

...and found!:

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2008/04/they_found_roge.html

Susan Stolz called The Desert Sun this morning saying she and her husband found a glob of vinyl in their driveway yesterday at the Hideaway Golf Club in La Quinta. Not sure what it was, they threw it away. This morning, they read about the missing pig in the newspaper and e-mailed the following to Coachella organizers.

"It is entirely possible that I have at least part of your pig. My husband and I live at the Hideaway. We found a large pile of plastic yesterday morning on our driveway. It has some blue, yellow and silver paint. I must warn you that it is not in good shape. Maybe the balloon exploded or something. However, if you'd like to check it out, just let me know. "

"We went and got the pig out of the trash and put him in the garage," Stolz said. "We have laughed our heads off."

go pig go! :)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

...The spokeswoman couldn't explain the circumstances that led to the getaway, saying festival executives were still trying to piece it together. But they want their pig back, she said, for a possible encore at some future edition of the fest.

Conspiracy can't be ruled out, considering this isn't the first pig to float off into the night sky in recent times. On Waters' 2006 tour, which centered on complete performances of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon," the graffiti-inscribed oinker was allowed to drift away on several occasions, including the opening performance of his three-night stint at the Hollywood Bowl. Local authorities said Waters would face charges if it happened again, and, to no one's surprise, Porky remained contentedly tethered during the other two L.A. shows.

But what of those that did break free? Did they just fly off in search of bluer pastures? Or is it something more sinister, perhaps a protest against the wanton disregard for the inalienable right of synthetic gaseous critters to life, liberty and the pursuit of inflatable corn husks?

Maybe Waters needs a less feisty breed of helium-filled animal. How about a nice, loyal inflatable Holstein? He could call it "The Dark Side of the Moo."

randy.lewis@latimes.com

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-pig30apr30,1,6988533.story
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Janko

I REMEMBER WHEN PINK FLOYD REUNITED IN 1986, WATERS PROHIBITED THE USE OF THE PIG. 

SO WHAT DID THE BAND DO?

THEY ADDED TESTICLES TO THE PIG!
SO TEHNICALLY IT WASN'T PIG ANY MORE...

:D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason