2008.06.01 Los Angeles - Shrine Auditorium (USA)

Started by j, April 15, 2008, 12:19:32

Previous topic - Next topic

j

[Bloodflower reported for Curefans.com]

Soundcheck

Setlist

Intro (Adagio for strings), Out of this world, Pictures of you, Fascination street, Alt.end, A Strange Day, The End of the World, The Baby Screams, Lovesong, Sleep When I'm Dead, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Lullaby, The Perfect Boy, Kyoto Song, The Only One, Push, How Beautiful You Are, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Us or Them, Signal To Noise, One Hundred Years, Bloodflowers

E1: Plainsong, Disintegration

E2: Three imaginary boys, Fire in Cairo, Boys don't cry, Jumping someone else's train, Grinding halt, 10.15 Saturday night, Killing An Arab

E3: Faith (no Porl)

Setlist updated and complete.

Notes

http://www.shrineauditorium.com/

Tickets onsale April 19, 10 am PST- http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0900408F01A36D57?artistid=915776&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

The Shrine Auditorium is located at 665 W. Jefferson Blvd. (at Royal St.)in Los Angeles, just north of the University of Southern California campus.

The Shrine Auditorium seats a total of 6,300 with 3,044 on the main floor and 3,256 in the balcony. Patrons enjoy plush seats and newly improved orchestra section seating, allowing for a more enjoyable and comfortable viewing atmosphere. The Shrine Auditorium has a stage with a 100' x 35' proscenium; an orchestra pit with ready room; a wardrobe area; carpenter shop, chorus rooms and 15 dressing rooms that are fully air-conditioned and heated.

The Shrine Auditorium can meet most production requirements with its new stateof-the-art 92-line set rigging system, extensive lighting equipment including Century light pallet computer board and two new Strong Gladiator II spotlights, a new Yamaha sound booth, capacity to provide over 16,000 amps of power, plus various rental items including: ramps; proj ection screens; drops; a wide selection of risers; tables and chairs. The Auditorium is also home to a massive renovated Moller organ, one of only three in the world.

crowbi_wan

YES!!!!!!!!!!!  :smth041  That's some mighty fine news. 

Tof

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 15, 2008, 14:57:04
YES!!!!!!!!!!!  :smth041  That's some mighty fine news. 

Lucky man !!!

You don't have to wait 3 days now  :smth023
Tof

punx_chix

where exactly did you find this out??

or is this a belated april fools prank?
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

All I have to say is....booooooooooooo!  My competition with crowbi_wan has tilted in his favor! :smth011 :cry:

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on April 15, 2008, 18:19:48
All I have to say is....booooooooooooo!  My competition with crowbi_wan has tilted in his favor! :smth011 :cry:

don't be alarmed j: if you count all your past cure shows (was that something like... 400 gigs right? ;)), maybe you still have a shot there in the overall competition? :-P

lostflower4

Good thing they added this show.

I was feeling really sorry for those California folks, having only 4 shows this year.

God forbid anyone from Los Angeles would have to drive 90 more miles to Santa Barbara to see a second show.  :lol:

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 15, 2008, 18:23:34

don't be alarmed j: if you count all your past cure shows (was that something like... 400 gigs right? ;)), maybe you still have a shot there in the overall competition? :-P

I say you should just add another show   :-D  Canada, FLA, Boston, the opportunity to catch up is there.  :smth064

j

Yes, if you include all of those extra secret rare shows (the ones on the FLAC server).  The ones like Unionville '91... :lol:

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 15, 2008, 18:32:32
Good thing they added this show.

I was feeling really sorry for those California folks, having only 4 shows this year.

God forbid anyone from Los Angeles would have to drive 90 more miles to Santa Barbara to see a second show.  :lol:

Too bad they didn't do any of these theater dates in Europe.   :(

But yeah, they sure are treating the California fans well.

j

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 15, 2008, 18:51:59

I say you should just add another show   :-D  Canada, FLA, Boston, the opportunity to catch up is there.  :smth064

Funny you should say that...I was just looking at airfare to Florida!

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on April 15, 2008, 18:53:41
Yes, if you include all of those extra secret rare shows (the ones on the FLAC server).  The ones like Unionville '91... :lol:

you saw ONIONville '91? :o oooh you are my herooooo :o :o

:-*

Bloodflower

I got screwed out of Radiohead tickets this last weekend, so I'll make a play for these, I think, now that I've got some extra cash. (Save it? What do you mean, Save it?)
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.