89 Wembley Question

Started by hertz32, June 18, 2008, 20:27:05

Previous topic - Next topic

hertz32

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me that I've been curious about.  I received what I think is now 1989.07.24 Wembley awhile ago via a tapetrader. But it was labeled as 1990.24.07.  It doesnt have a great deal of audience interference.  It has what has come to be my favorite version of A Forest with the long drawn out intro and clocks in at 12:40.  I have no source linage from the trader but I think its an older generation show.  Within the past year or so an AUD MAS went up on dime and I got that and noticed that both concerts sound very different.  I curious as to what the source info might be for the show originally labeled as 1990.24.07 and also was curious about the other two Wembley dates. Thanks

japanesebaby

sorry if i don't fully understand you, you mean the show you have is confirmed to be wembley 3rd night, just a different version than some version up on dime?
but how about you upload a sample track? it's rather difficult to say anything about the source otherwise, would be just guessing.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

hertz32

Sorry for the miscommunication with my question.  I am not sure if it's the third night or not.  But when I tried to confirm the concert date w/ cure-concerts there is no date of 1990.07.24. So I kinda just assumed that was the date.  I will get a sample up to confirm. Thx for the reply

japanesebaby

Quote from: hertz32 on June 18, 2008, 21:00:24
Sorry for the miscommunication with my question.  I am not sure if it's the third night or not.  But when I tried to confirm the concert date w/ cure-concerts there is no date of 1990.07.24. So I kinda just assumed that was the date.  I will get a sample up to confirm. Thx for the reply

yes, of course the cure played no concert in 1990.07.24 so that date is fake.

what's the set list? because that alone should give you a hint whether it's a '89 or '90 show (or something else).

hertz32

Setlist for the 1990 show:
Plainsong
Pictures of You
Closedown
Piggy In the Mirror
Catch
A Night Like This
Just Like Heaven
Last Dance
Fascination Street
Primary
The Drowning Man
Lovesong
Charlotte Sometimes
The Walk
A Forest
Inbetween Days
The Same Deep Water As You
Prayers For Rain
Disintegration
Lullaby
Close To Me
Lets Go To Bed
Why Can't I Be You?
Shake Dog Shake
Siamese Twins
One Hundred Years
Homesick
Untitled
Faith
M
Three Imaginary Boys
Fire In Cairo
Boys Don't Cry
10:15 Saturday Night
Killing An Arab

lostflower4

Obviously the London '89 3rd night show then:

http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/1989-07-24.php

They didn't play a lot of these songs in 1990, nor were any of the shows that long.

hertz32

Yeah, thats what I assumed.  Thanks for the response.  How many versions of this show are circulating?

lostflower4

Quote from: hertz32 on June 19, 2008, 02:10:40
Yeah, thats what I assumed.  Thanks for the response.  How many versions of this show are circulating?

I've only seen the D.J., M.B., and F.B. versions going around. My favorite is the D.J.

Oh, and Entreat.  ;)

hertz32

If I post samples from the two versions I have can you tell me which versions they are?

japanesebaby

Quote from: hertz32 on June 19, 2008, 18:53:49
If I post samples from the two versions I have can you tell me which versions they are?

can be done.

KingOfSomeIsland

hertz32

Zio_Ulisse

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 19, 2008, 13:00:17
My favorite is the D.J.
I'd agree but unfortunately, the master runs to fastly.
M.B. has done a good recording too.

F.B.=  F......c B...r ?
A french taper? Never heard he taped London. How's the sound?