Robert irritated by a question!

Started by Lady, July 27, 2008, 12:21:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady

Probably you've already seen this video.

Here Robert get nervous after a question about the reasons why a guy should spend his money for a cure's record. He looks so annoyed, that the conference is stopped...I think I've never seen Bob so irritated! :shock: :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU8H59r64hg

Imho the question is a little "provocative", but I'd like to know your impressions about Robert's reaction: Is he right? Or should he have been "kinder"? :lol:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

robiola

I can't say whether his reaction is "right or wrong", but it certainly is understandable. What a pointless, irritating question! At least that's what I thought when I heard it.

mint car

I think that it is like question: Why I must to pay money for your concert?  :? it was question a bit out... I understand Robert why he was "irritated" ...  :roll:
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

Lady

I love when he says "Nono no-no... I'm not stopping!" :smth005
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

rubcure

what a stupid question  :smth011 If I want to buy something... it's my own money; who cares about it?? Poor Robert, at least he received a lot of beautiful moments in Mexico instead... http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4441.msg39351.html#msg39351 (5 special moments in Mexico)

P.D. Viva La Cura!  :smth023
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

Carnage Visor

He's so right though. Wow, I've never seen him like that before. It's not like he acted irrationally. I would react the same way. It's just funny, a total "wtf" moment!  :-D

japanesebaby

i suppose it can be regarded as a stupid question. on the other hand it could be seen as a "ok here's a chance for you to tell you why YOU would pay for your music/concert ticket: tell me what YOU think is important in your music, important enough to pay attention to it" or something like it. and as such it's maybe not such a stupid question at all.

i don't think it's silly to ask an artist why he himself would go buy his own recording. it can be just a different way to ask what he himself thinks is worth paying attention to in his art. :!: and that is a legitimate question, i think.
then again, it all depends how one puts that question, what words to use. it's very easy to form the question in a wrong way and end up sounding rude (even though that was not the intention!). i can't help wondering that perhaps that's what happened there?

in any case i think it's useless to get mad about such a question. if he wasn't interestedc in answering it would have been much better just say something like "come on, why don't you go buy the recording and decide yourself, ok? ;)" - and just move on to the next question. it's silly to waste everyone's time and get mad about it... because it wasn't a personal insult or anything, i think.
so... i don't know what robert might think he would achieve by letting such a question irritate himself in public like that. perhaps he was just having a bad day or something? it happens to us all. but i kind of find that he letting himself get irritated is sillier than the silly question... i mean, why let it bother you? :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

robiola

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 29, 2008, 11:27:40
i suppose it can be regarded as a stupid question. on the other hand it could be seen as a "ok here's a chance for you to tell you why YOU would pay for your music/concert ticket: tell me what YOU think is important in your music, important enough to pay attention to it" or something like it. and as such it's maybe not such a stupid question at all.

i don't think it's silly to ask an artist why he himself would go buy his own recording. it can be just a different way to ask what he himself thinks is worth paying attention to in his art. :!: and that is a legitimate question, i think.
then again, it all depends how one puts that question, what words to use. it's very easy to form the question in a wrong way and end up sounding rude (even though that was not the intention!). i can't help wondering that perhaps that's what happened there?

in any case i think it's useless to get mad about such a question.

But the way you word the question gives it different meanings, doesn't it?  If I say "How come you decided to cut your hair?" I'll be meaning one thing, and if I say "WTF were you thinking when you decided to get that haircut?" I probably mean something else. If the guy had asked Robert "What in particular do you think makes your art worth noticing?" as you said (or something to that effect) I don't think Robert would have been so irritated. The way he asked it, it did sound like a "loaded" question, as Robert said. And then when Robert objected he didn't elaborate or explain exactly what he wanted to know, he said "Just answer the question."  :?  He sounded a little hostile to me. And if he didn't mean to be -- well, I hope that's not his full-time job then, because he's not very good at it.

dsanchez

The video was removed from youtube, anyone knows where can we find it? when and where this interview took place?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

rubcure

Quote from: dsanchez on March 30, 2009, 17:48:59
The video was removed from youtube, anyone knows where can we find it? when and where this interview took place?

David; this interview was unfortunately in Mexico(2004) this reporter is a shame...!  :!:
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on July 27, 2008, 12:21:52
Probably you've already seen this video.
Here Robert get nervous after a question about the reasons why a guy should spend his money for a cure's record. He looks so annoyed, that the conference is stopped...I think I've never seen Bob so irritated! :shock: :(

Seems the video was took off youtube. Does anyone is it's somewhere else in the Internet yet?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo