The Cure top 20 radio show

Started by eddiecurry, August 19, 2008, 19:32:45

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiecurry

Hi, I realise this is my first post on curefans.com so hoping it's not looking too much like spam ..!

On Saturday 1 November I am presenting two hours of Cure songs on our local radio station, Phoenix FM.  The songs will be voted for by listeners to create a top 20, so if you want to add your vote please have a look at http://www.phoenixfm.com/top20-cure.php ....

If you can't pick us up on FM you can listen on the internet, full details on the website.

Cheers
EC

dsanchez

Excellent idea, just sent my vote :smth023

Btw, in this page the show is scheduled for 2nd november, maybe it would be good correct that mistake

http://www.phoenixfm.com/thanks-top20.php
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

eddiecurry

Quote from: dsanchez on August 19, 2008, 20:32:10
Excellent idea, just sent my vote :smth023

Btw, in this page the show is scheduled for 2nd november, maybe it would be good correct that mistake

http://www.phoenixfm.com/thanks-top20.php

I've just kicked the web guy (oops, that was me) and fixed it!

David, just sent you a reply to your PM, let me know if you don't get it.

dsanchez

Just sent you an e-mail :smth023

Looking forward to this program :rocker
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

Lady

It was a very difficult choice (for me every curesongs is precious in its way!  ;))....but I made my top 10!!!! :smth023

Thanks eddie...I hope to have the chance for listening to that radio station!

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

disintegration

I have finish!  :smth023
Thank you eddiecurry
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Janko

I did it!
I hope it goes well!

PS

There are a few mistakes (like 100 seconds)...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

tigermilk

Quote from: Janko on August 20, 2008, 01:38:02
I did it!
I hope it goes well!

PS

There are a few mistakes (like 100 seconds)...

'100 seconds' is the title for the intro music on the Trilogy DVD.
'One Hundred Years' is on the list, so don't worry! It'll be in the top 20 for sure! :)

dsanchez

Does anyone has chosen any of the new stuff? Cause I picked up "The only one". Of course Push and The Big Hand couldn't be missing 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

This is a great idea eddiecurry  :smth023
Thanks for the info and link :)
Hope it will be a success :)

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on August 20, 2008, 18:22:11
Does anyone has chosen any of the new stuff? Cause I picked up "The only one". Of course Push and The Big Hand couldn't be missing 8)

Well, if 2004 counts for "new stuff" than I did.  This Morning made my list.  Push, Secrets, The Big Hand, The Holy Hour, and Give Me It were the easy ones for me to pick.  After that I kept going back and changing things up. 

maluflower

Quote from: dsanchez on August 20, 2008, 18:22:11

Down Under was one of my votes.   :-D
I'm very curious to see which songs will make the top 20.

This is a great idea.  :smth023
Picking only ten songs was so difficult... so I just picked random songs I love and thought might be strange to hear on the radio.

robiola

This is a nice idea. I voted but -- boy, was it difficult! I kept going back and changing things too. I'd be done and then I'd say "No, wait! I forgot to include this one or that one, that can't be right!" I'm really curious to see the results.
But I have to admit that nothing past Wish made it on my list.

moutheyesheart

Picked up songs who are really important to me (Disintegration, A strange day, Jupiter Crash) and some, I thought...was a real fun to see this one chosen (Meathook, 100 Seconds, Do the hansa...)

Well, I like the new singles as much as the self-titled album, which was a real landmark to me, but maybe these songs are just...too 'new' to associate that much with them (anyhow picked up UTS...if it were listened) but at least I voted for '100 Seconds', so there's some new stuff in my list. :-D
Разпадане