MTV COCA COLA LIVE IN ROME DVD

Started by takaros72, October 12, 2008, 19:37:52

Previous topic - Next topic

takaros72

I HAVE FULL SHOW DVD .....LETS TRADE

japanesebaby

or, why not just share it with everyone? ;)

i mean come on, it's a tv broadcast anyway, not some "rare" audience master or something...

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Janko

WTF?!?!!

Trade?! 

Is that thing still on?!

:?
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Janko

I mean, who t'f**k still trades stuff?!

:smth011
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

takaros72

COME ON GUYS......YOU MUST ASKING FIRST.
NOT COMMENT WITHOUT MEANING EVERYTIME......

THE DVD IS NOT TV BROADCAST.

IS RARE AUIENCE MASTER RECORDING FROM THE 3RD LINE IN FRONT OF ROBERT

BUT IF YOU DONT WANT IT ITS OK.........ITS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME....

Tof

Is it possible to have some screenshot please.
Tof

japanesebaby

Quote from: takaros72 on October 12, 2008, 22:00:25
COME ON GUYS......YOU MUST ASKING FIRST.
THE DVD IS NOT TV BROADCAST.

IS RARE AUIENCE MASTER RECORDING FROM THE 3RD LINE IN FRONT OF ROBERT

you never mentioned that in your original post.
it's quite impossible to know what you have if you don't don't give any info at all, just the date of the show.  :?

and no offense to you or the taper of that master (as it's nothing personal), but the whole concept of "rare" is just very very funny to me these days. i find it quite hilarious, to be honest. 

Quote from: takaros72 on October 12, 2008, 22:00:25

BUT IF YOU DONT WANT IT ITS OK.........ITS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME....

might be nice to watch it for sure - but trade for it? well, i've far too many dvds i've gotten over trades already so i just can't get too excited about trading for more more more anymore. especially since all this new 2008 stuff on dvd that's been going around seems to be circulated completely without source/generation info. that's a small problem for me.
and well, listen to janko: trade is supposed to be dead anyway, it's 2008. 

anyway, in general, i've been wondering why audio recordings generally do get shared/circulated pretty well, many people taping go sharing on places like dime etc. and don't bother posting a million "i have this rare recording for trades!!!" posts all around the internet. but people with dvds keep on sitting on their stuff and advertising their "rare" trades on the message boards.
just "funny" to me, that's all. perhaps all audio tapers should also do the same, just not share a thing anymore and just keep posting their adverts on all messageboards out there? oh that would be so 80's.... 
so perhaps it's all because (all new) dvd guys just love all things retro?  :-D
excuse me for thinking out loud...

rodney

Am I the only one that would RATHER have the MTV broadcast of the show, even if it's not the "full show"?  Is there any great appeal in the "encore"? 

japanesebaby

Quote from: rodney on October 12, 2008, 22:18:30
Am I the only one that would RATHER have the MTV broadcast of the show, even if it's not the "full show"?

i'd be with you. i'd mostly rather have the mtv version simply because it would have a good and proper soundboard sound.

rodney

Well, ideally I'd like the entire show including the encore, but really, why go through great effort for an audience shot DVD when you can have a proper pro-shot version?  No offense to the filmer.  It's appreciated, but it's not exactly like this show is going to be that rare before long.

nausearockpig

Some of us are still actively trading.. sometimes it's better to trade than just up and download AND there's a certain buzz that you get from opening your mail and getting the discs out...

I would rather have both versions. Seeeing as MTV didn't and may not b/cast the encore, that show is incomplete.. and I for one HATE having incomplete shows..

japanesebaby

Quote from: nausearockpig on October 13, 2008, 08:51:36
Some of us are still actively trading.. sometimes it's better to trade than just up and download AND there's a certain buzz that you get from opening your mail and getting the discs out...

personally i've pretty much lost my motivation for both trading and sharing too, because there are simply far too many people who just sit and wait for all the goodhearted people to share their masters/stuff straight away but who themselves sit on their own stuff and only keep it for these "rare" trades.  if everyone started doing it, then nothing at all would get shared/easily circulated.
and this is a real problem with dvds - just look: how many '08 dvds have been well circulated so far? apart form the tv broadcasts, only something like two. yet, a lot of people taped. where are the dvds? on everyone's "RARE" lists.
imo, all this "rare" business is ridiculous. or, i'd suggest everyone (i mean, everyone) out there stopped sharing right now and just started sitting on everything, just posting "my rare stuff!!" adverts all around the internet. that would be so much fun, wouldn't it?

i know a lot of people don't want to join this discussion - why? perhaps because they'd be afraid that their own "rare" trade businesses might be hurt. whatever, it's nothing new. i am not afraid to say what i think because the whole situation today is so ridiculous imo. and because i can very well live without a few more "rare" cure dvds. i'm just thinking that the world would be so much nicer place for us all if everyone who has something to contribute also tried to contribute (instead of making business/personal profit from it. by that i don't mean monetary profit, so nobody please don't get me wrong on purpose. i mean "more stuff for ME, more recordings/dvds on MY list" kind of profit. for instance, if everyone who ever taped one cure show only freely shared even one single show, then we'd all have so much more. i'm convinced about it. but no. people just sit on their stuff because they just want more for themselves. at their best they post adverts about their "rare" trades all around but that's all we hear about it.
well, fine with me then, if less cure recordings is what we all want. just funny because i always thought everyone wanted more - perhaps i got it all wrong...
perhaps i should start posting similar kind of "look everyone, here are my RARE trades!" adverts all around - should i? hey let's all of us do it! i bet it would be so much fun! (or, sorry, perhaps count me out, i just can't bother.)

look, i would have stuff to share - but i'd much rather share it with everyone than start going around with "rare trades!" adverts. but it's hard to find motivation to share when so many people are just grabbing for free what others goodheartedly put out and still keep hoarding their own stuff, still labeling their own stuff "too rare to be shared, super-rare trades only". i could reply to this (and many other) trade adverts but i really can't bother anymore because there's just so much "for me for me for only me me mee" attitude out there.

nausearockpig

I agree with a lot of what you say....there is a lot of that whole Uber-Trader mentality still going on and sadly, I doubt that there's much you or I [or any one person] can do about it.

I believe that one of the problems is that whilst you [and by you, I mean you and me and other people around the place] think, wish and honestly believe that everyone should be happy to share and share alike, giving freely because that way everyone else will also give freely etc, etc, the simple truth is that a lot of people are just SHITHEADS and use their recordings, and no doubt other things in their day to day life, to bolster their egos, to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives and generally piss about instead of helping out the community.

Still, we do what we can. I for one am hoping to continue trading with people on this board and others too....

BTW I'm hoping to increase my bandwidth at home so hopefully I will be sharing [gasp!!] some shows soon... that has been my limiting factor of late.

japanesebaby

Quote from: nausearockpig on October 13, 2008, 08:51:36
Seeeing as MTV didn't and may not b/cast the encore, that show is incomplete.. and I for one HATE having incomplete shows..

but how come you can watch all songs (encore set licluded) on pro-shot versions on youtube if they didn't broadcast the whole thing? for instance:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=Mark8610

Quote from: nausearockpig on October 13, 2008, 11:26:59
the simple truth is that a lot of people are just SHITHEADS and use their recordings, and no doubt other things in their day to day life, to bolster their egos, to make themselves feel better about their shitty lives and generally piss about instead of helping out the community.

yeah i guess i've just gotten fed up with all that ego-shit that goes on out there. 

wish-man

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 12, 2008, 22:09:17
but the whole concept of "rare" is just very very funny to me these days. i find it quite hilarious, to be honest. 

Funny to me too  :lol: :-D

Huh... Its just interestingly who will make a trade with you if this show exist fully as a TV BROADCAST?! 1h 45min
It makes no sence to trade AUD version when Broadcast exist...
As good as I say will go trade Koln 1998. Huh... lol

Does anyone has Interview in good quality?  :?
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...