About the Robert Smith's answer to Carrie Keagan everyone's talking about

Started by dsanchez, April 01, 2019, 20:38:18

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: tanyasmith on April 03, 2019, 18:25:25
My point is that I want proof that Carrie is a true Cure fan, otherwise I conclude she's a poser.

Hmm. In her excitement she claimed Japanese Whispers as her favorite "album". Not many fans
do that, and we know it is actually a singles compilation. Maybe she isn't a proper fan, but the fact
alone is surprising. Come on, give her a chance!  :angel
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

tanyasmith

Quote from: MeltingMan on April 03, 2019, 21:50:09

Hmm. In her excitement she claimed Japanese Whispers as her favorite "album". Not many fans
do that, and we know it is actually a singles compilation. Maybe she isn't a proper fan, but the fact
alone is surprising. Come on, give her a chance!  :angel

Melting Man, this was discussed on Twitter. Japanese Whispers was a hit in America. That she mentioned it tells me she's older than her Wikipedia page claims, as Japanese Whispers was popular with my older sister who loved The Cure, Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Dead or Alive, et. al., and is 7 years older than Carrie claims to be. Anyway, she's only as annoying to me as Cure fans from High School who claimed to love Robert Smith and The Cure, but didn't know much about their breadth of music, just liked that they were "weird."

Anyway, there's been a request to let this go. Adios Amigos, until the next topic that grabs my interest.

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on April 03, 2019, 18:09:00
Ha ha, Melting Man! Maybe Mary will reward him for not being too nice being honest.

Little correction here. ;)  :lol:

Apart from this, I would agree with woaw here. Let's put it to rest.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...