Author Topic: Am I the ONLY person in the world that thinks KissMe x3 is the best Cure album?  (Read 5918 times)

Offline -:- Elle Lie -:-

• Beginner
I love How Beautiful You Are, A Thousand Hours, Catch, The Perfect Girl...Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me ties for my favorite Cure album with Wish and Disintegration. I REALLY love Out of This World. I saw them perform it live on tour this last round and was struck by it. I don't know if that song has gotten the credit it deserves. It sounds like Nick Drake meets Pink Floyd. INCREDIBLE! See The Cure performing that song at the Wembley from this last December at my youtube channel, Tanya's Ethereal Footsteps. Here's a video of snippets of Robert speaking and some of the best moments captured from 9 shows last year:

Tanya !? I love the videos you posted, I'm a fan of the close-up on "Plainsong" and also "Just Like Heaven" ... So, pleased to meet you  :smth023

Offline tzare

• Beginner
  • Doing the unstuck!
hi! New here.
Yes it is my favourite official album, it has a lot of different songs with different moods, i think of it as the most complete, others are great too, but maybe are more 'focused', but Kissme has a bit of everything. And,  How beautiful you are, like cockatoos and Just like heaven are my favorite songs from that album.
The only other one that could rival it, despite not being a proper album, would be Join the Dots. I adore that one.

Offline Ulrich

• Staff Member
  • Curefan Master
Welcome @tanya!

If you don't like Snakepit... Take a few careful listens. It's a very innovative update of psychedelic rock and just an incredible piece of music, incredibly focused behind the haze. The drum pattern, the guitars

I've liked "The Snakepit" as well, especially after hearing it during the Dream tour.
I hope you included the bass guitar when you said "guitars", I like what Simon does on this one.  :)
but memory's not life... and it's not love.

Offline tanyasmith

• Beginner
  • You flicker and you're beautiful
    • The Cure My Heart
Thanks, Elle Lie and Ulrich!

Offline Ulrich

• Staff Member
  • Curefan Master
Articles celebrating the anniversary of KM KM KM (released 30 years ago):

...when I heard it in 1987, 'Just Like Heaven' seemed to come almost out of nowhere. It was a strange, silvery, unusual song, with an unusual but absolutely compelling singer.
Read much more at:
http://thequietus.com/articles/22262-the-cure-kiss-me-kiss-me-kiss-me-review-anniversary

Gwen Ihnat: The Cure didn’t exactly make a U-turn in 1987 with Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me, but it was a hell of a reroute. The iconically mopey band, led by head goth/grump Robert Smith, all of a sudden had a cheerful horn section in “Why Can’t I Be You?” that threaded throughout the double album. And while its poppiness—and the smash success of “Just Like Heaven”—helped Kiss Me become The Cure’s first Top 40 record in the U.S., it also became the first Cure record I never bought.
Read more:
http://www.avclub.com/article/why-cant-i-be-cure-fan-you-253931

but memory's not life... and it's not love.