Favorite Concerts of Bands That Are No More

Started by jbud1980, April 10, 2009, 16:31:55

Previous topic - Next topic

jbud1980

hi there, i was listening to a perfect circle the other day and was thinking about how cool it is to say that i have seen a band that no longer exists/is on hiatus (yet i came out a bigger fan of the opening act, the mars volta). i was wondering what bands/groups you guys have seen that are no longer performing or on an indefinite hiatus. here are some i have experienced:

a perfect circle
rage against the machine
smashing pumpkins (way to go billy, selling out one too many times caused u to lose the best drummer in the world)
siouxsie and the banshees

i know there are more, but i am late for work.  :roll:

fiction

I choose a few good concerts then

The Dogs (french, disbanded mid 80´s) Palace Blueprint, Norrköping, Sweden 1984
Triffids (disbanded 1990), Kåren, Gothenburg, Sweden 1986
Play Dead (disbanded late 80´s but might have taken up the axes again) Rock Olympia, Norrköping, Sweden 1986
The Damned (disbanded 1989 but I think they play again), Draken, Stockhom, Sweden 1986
Naked Prey (disbanded mid 90´s), Norrköping, Sweden 1988
Sixteen Horsepower (disbanded 2006), Berns, Stockhom, Sweden 2004

again and again and again and again and again and...

wish-man

Hm, I think Joy Division - Moonlight Club in London (April 1980) is cool  :smth023 and Sex Pistols last concert in San Francisco. Especially when he saying 'Oh bollocks, why should I carry on' or 'we'll play one number and one number only cuz I'm a lazy bastard' in No Fun. Great show and unfortunately last one... At least they finished it beautifully and thats great when band go off like that IMHO  :roll:
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

crowbi_wan

Hmmm...sitting 3rd row center for Robert Plant on his Fate of the Nations tour was f*cking excellent!

Tripping Daisy in a tiny room (wasn't even meant to be some music venue) was a great night.  I really miss that band a lot.

Of course Rage Against The Machine.  They were just taking the stage at Lollapalooza as I was walking in the gate.  Easily a highlight of the shows I've seen.

Seeing Pink Floyd was a treat, that's for sure.  My seat was shit.  Hey it could have been anybody on that stage (I was really far away!), but damn did they sound good. 

Oh, Neil Young with Crazy Horse.  VERY cool!  :rocker

And I just can't leave out G 'n R.  Such a great band.  Saw them several times.  Actually, the one I saw right before Use Your Illusions came out was one of my favorite performances of all time. 

And one more would be The Ventures.  I love surf music!  Some Ventures tunes were the first I'd learned on guitar.  So seeing them live was pretty sweet.

fiction

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 10, 2009, 23:53:05
  I love surf music! 

Is that mostly classic surf or can You dig bands who plays horror or, as one of the bands typeasted it, "reverb - o - phonic horror surf"? There´s a fantastic band from Rochester, NY; The Isotopes (who also play classic). Check out their site and listen to some of their music at http://www.theisotopes.com/

Other great bands in the genre are; Man or Astro-Man?, Elk Tones, Hawaii Samurai, The Balboas, Mofos, Alwaro Negro, Aqua Vista, The Killer Bananazz, 9th Wave, Monsters from the Surf, Kelp, The Machines, Pozor Vlak, Stronzo Gelatino and the Boo-Men, Insect Surfers, The Nebulas and hundreds of others. Hang Ten!
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: wish-man on April 10, 2009, 23:06:12

Hm, I think Joy Division - Moonlight Club in London (April 1980) is cool  :smth023 and Sex Pistols last concert in San Francisco.

we you there?  :shock: i think this was about bands that you've actually seen live, not about bands that you would have liked to see, right?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

jbud1980

Quote from: wish-man on April 10, 2009, 23:06:12

Hm, I think Joy Division - Moonlight Club in London (April 1980) is cool  :smth023 and Sex Pistols last concert in San Francisco. Especially when he saying 'Oh bollocks, why should I carry on' or 'we'll play one number and one number only cuz I'm a lazy bastard' in No Fun. Great show and unfortunately last one... At least they finished it beautifully and thats great when band go off like that IMHO  :roll:

when i hear stuff like this, i wish i were born in the 60's and not the 80's so i could have been there.  :(

wish-man

Ah sorry I missunderstood the idea. I thought 'Favorite Concerts' meant not just what you've seen...
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...