The Cure publish their MySpace Secret show at The Troubadour

Started by dsanchez, April 21, 2009, 11:13:46

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

To celebrate Robert's birthday the band just published their MySpace show from last december in their MS Site. The player below ;)

Télécharge Flash maintenant !

Pour écouter ou regarder ce contenu, tu dois mettre à jour ta version du logiciel Flash.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Cure

[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

dsanchez

Quote from: Cure on April 21, 2009, 11:43:18
http://rapidshare.com/files/223933430/Myspace_Secret_Show__Santa_Monica_Boulevard_West_Hollywood__CA__13_Dec_08_.rar.html

Thanks for the link. Normally mp3 are not allowed in Curefans.com, with the exceptions of mp3 provided for the band themselves (as the mp3 of the "love will tear us apart" cover version and this)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

unfortunately it's in mp3 format, i have no converter :(

you didnt think to convert it to flac, did you? it would sound worst :)

wav to flac --> ok
flac to wav --> ok
mp3 to flac --> not ok!

more info: http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5035.0.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Cure

[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

lostflower4

Quote from: dsanchez on April 21, 2009, 14:10:39
http://rapidshare.com/files/223933430/Myspace_Secret_Show__Santa_Monica_Boulevard_West_Hollywood__CA__13_Dec_08_.rar.html

Thanks for the link. Normally mp3 are not allowed in Curefans.com, with the exceptions of mp3 provided for the band themselves (as the mp3 of the "love will tear us apart" cover version and this)

Well, these should only really be allowed if they are the captures of the original mp3 streams (not from someone recording it to their soundcard and re-converting to mp3, for example).

Anyone know the story behind these mp3s?

But to be honest, I'm not terribly concerned this time. Even the original streams sound terrible — the cymbals are so artifacted (it sounds like one of those shoddy webcasts from the Dream Tour), and the mix is terrible too.

I mean, listen to The Real Snow White. Uhhh... Where's Porl?  :roll:

But back to the low-bitrate artifacted sound, I just don't get it. I've heard a lot better-sounding stuff on MySpace lately.

Really disappointing.  :smth011

alwaysprayingforRAIN

thanks david... i really hate myspace so i never see anything that happens there :)
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

rodney

sullen

The reasons why is such a great live track, why this is not in the set regularly is beyond me.

sullen

japanesebaby

huh sounds really poor to me - i guess it's "good enough for fans" or something(?) :?
way to go  :smth011

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rodney

AndyTheCureFan

Quote from: lostflower4 on April 21, 2009, 17:18:24
Quote from: dsanchez on April 21, 2009, 14:10:39

Well, these should only really be allowed if they are the captures of the original mp3 streams (not from someone recording it to their soundcard and re-converting to mp3, for example).

Anyone know the story behind these mp3s?

But to be honest, I'm not terribly concerned this time. Even the original streams sound terrible — the cymbals are so artifacted (it sounds like one of those shoddy webcasts from the Dream Tour), and the mix is terrible too.

I mean, listen to The Real Snow White. Uhhh... Where's Porl?  :roll:

But back to the low-bitrate artifacted sound, I just don't get it. I've heard a lot better-sounding stuff on MySpace lately.

Really disappointing.  :smth011

I have not downloaded the radpidshare linked files here, but I have been downloading the actual mp3 files uploaded to MySpace as you state. Maybe you're better off with my link.

For some reason I can't seem to download anything past Close to Me...yet.

I guarantee you that these are the actual files, 320kb/s mp3s. When I added them to iTunes they came up as "131208-LA-CURE-01-UNDERNEATH THE STARS" and so on for each track.

This is what I have so far.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a5ncfy

It is missing tracks 27 through 33.

ExplodingBoy

[/quote]
I have not downloaded the radpidshare linked files here, but I have been downloading the actual mp3 files uploaded to MySpace as you state. Maybe you're better off with my link.

[/quote]

how you doing this?