Roger O'Donnell: "I use the name The Cure whenever I can, but..."

Started by dsanchez, July 21, 2009, 18:02:54

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Roger O'Donnell:

"I use the name The Cure whenever I can, but it doesn't help unless I release a goth album which I am not about to do"

"The environment in The Cure is very particular, I wouldn't necessarily say tense although the making of the last album was very tense. No it was the exact opposite of a creative, nurturing ambiance. It was driven by ego and stupidity. I hate tension in any form. I need harmony in which to create..."

Complete interview
http://www.side-line.com/interviews_comments.php?id=43303_0_16_0_C
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Janko

It was such a crippling mistake to ditch Roger and Perry ... I saw Trilogy the other day and was amazed with the sheer power of band's performance. Oh, well ...

:?
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

othervoices

I view the Roger and Perry era as a good one - Roger continues musically and probably prefers his own freedom, Perry had the ultimate promotion from roadie to band member - and is a great bloke - I met him during the wish tour and he could not have been more friendly, but I am inclined to prefer the current line-up and arrangements of songs. Porl adds a special dimension to the group, both in music and image. Jason has had much criticism over the years, but his performances on the 4Tour were absolutly fine by me. (He is certainly no Boris - but Boris left on his own terms, so that should be respected).

On reflection, the line up changes throughout the years have kept the cure brand fresh - I try to enjoy each era as it happens!  :smth020

nadia-domingos

i really liked roger. and i miss the keybords.. it gives another atmosphere to the music. when i went to the cure's concert last year, i missed so much the keybords on plainsong, like there's something missing there.

:smth061
We all look so perfect as we all fall down...