3 Disintegration Session songs leaked

Started by love_cat, September 22, 2009, 12:12:51

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on October 30, 2009, 01:36:57
Quote from: jbud1980 on October 29, 2009, 02:21:27
i don't want to preview, download, listen or whatever to the three "new songs" because i like surprises and do not want to know ahead of time. :)

Ahead of time of what?  These songs were leaked by a private collector, and the chances are VERY unlikely they will ever be officially released.

So if you want to "wait", you're likely to be waiting forever.  8)

I think those songs will be on the remaster disc 2.  I mean the collector said the other tracks were demos and more or less live takes of the b-sides.  It sounds to me like he has disc two and released the three "new" songs.  One might be one of the alternate takes, though.  We shall see in 2010.  Perhaps. 

jbud1980

Quote from: crowbi_wan on October 30, 2009, 02:57:06
i don't want to preview, download, listen or whatever to the three "new songs" because i like surprises and do not want to know ahead of time. :)

Ahead of time of what?  These songs were leaked by a private collector, and the chances are VERY unlikely they will ever be officially released.

So if you want to "wait", you're likely to be waiting forever.  8)

I think those songs will be on the remaster disc 2.  I mean the collector said the other tracks were demos and more or less live takes of the b-sides.  It sounds to me like he has disc two and released the three "new" songs.  One might be one of the alternate takes, though.  We shall see in 2010.  Perhaps. 

either way, it is still Cure news, and it is still exciting!

Poe

I'm skeptical to all sorts of claimed "leaked stuff", I'd rather wait for the real deal to be released, especially in this case.

Sure is exciting.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

lostflower4

Ahead of time of what?  These songs were leaked by a private collector, and the chances are VERY unlikely they will ever be officially released.

So if you want to "wait", you're likely to be waiting forever.  8)

I think those songs will be on the remaster disc 2.  I mean the collector said the other tracks were demos and more or less live takes of the b-sides.  It sounds to me like he has disc two and released the three "new" songs.  One might be one of the alternate takes, though.  We shall see in 2010.  Perhaps.  

From what I know, I don't think these two things are related. Sure, the "pool" of unreleased material could overlap there, but that guy certainly doesn't have the remastered bonus discs already. The three leaked tracks have some problems — dropouts, hiss, and a rather flat sound. They would certainly be polished up quite a bit before an official release.

And like you said, only two of the tracks could be exactly the same since there are only three completely unknown tracks on the future Disintegration re-release and one of them contains vocals (the three leaked tracks are all instrumental). Honestly, I'll be surprised if just one of these songs is the same.

Anyway, I still don't understand why people would avoid downloading what's available now, or why they would be "skeptical" of it. In the end, they're probably just going to miss out on something that won't be found elsewhere.

To each his or her own, I guess.  ;)

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 01, 2009, 13:01:24

Ahead of time of what?  These songs were leaked by a private collector, and the chances are VERY unlikely they will ever be officially released.

So if you want to "wait", you're likely to be waiting forever.  8)

I think those songs will be on the remaster disc 2.  I mean the collector said the other tracks were demos and more or less live takes of the b-sides.  It sounds to me like he has disc two and released the three "new" songs.  One might be one of the alternate takes, though.  We shall see in 2010.  Perhaps.  

From what I know, I don't think these two things are related. Sure, the "pool" of unreleased material could overlap there, but that guy certainly doesn't have the remastered bonus discs already. The three leaked tracks have some problems — dropouts, hiss, and a rather flat sound. They would certainly be polished up quite a bit before an official release.

And like you said, only two of the tracks could be exactly the same since there are only three completely unknown tracks on the future Disintegration re-release and one of them contains vocals (the three leaked tracks are all instrumental). Honestly, I'll be surprised if just one of these songs is the same.

Anyway, I still don't understand why people would avoid downloading what's available now, or why they would be "skeptical" of it. In the end, they're probably just going to miss out on something that won't be found elsewhere.

To each his or her own, I guess.  ;)

good points. i think these come from a different source too, or at least aren't all included on the deluxe set.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Eve_23

please if smb has got these songs send them to me :(
on my email if possible?

jbud1980

wouldn't it be cool if a disintegration 2010 tour accompanied the release of the remastered album?

cure89

No, the great looking 1989 line-up and the atmosphere of "The Prayer Tour" doesn't exist anymore and a 4Tour version of the Disintegration album is nothing but horrible. Sorry it's just my personal opinion.

boneheadhaggar

is there any chance somebody could reupload these tracks, or perhaps PM me with them, would love to hear what all the fuss is about ;)
thanks in advance
its nice to be nice

jbud1980

Quote from: cure89 on December 03, 2009, 09:00:25
No, the great looking 1989 line-up and the atmosphere of "The Prayer Tour" doesn't exist anymore and a 4Tour version of the Disintegration album is nothing but horrible. Sorry it's just my personal opinion.

oh, come on mr. sunshine, we all know that it won't happen, just stating how cool it would be IF it did.  ;) So, IF The Cure toured in support of the re-release/re-mastered disintegration album, you would not go to a show because of your aforementioned reason?

Eire

I think it'd be hella neat if they did a tour for the remaster!

largeststarintheuniverse

Quote from: Eire on December 06, 2009, 22:07:59

With Jason playing Boris' beats, a DAT backing tape through the songs and no keyboards?

jbud1980

Quote from: Eire on December 06, 2009, 22:07:59

that's the spirit!

so, what songs would you want to hear???

Homesick would be the only song i would die to hear.

Eire

Quote from: largeststarintheuniverse on December 10, 2009, 02:26:10
With Jason playing Boris' beats, a DAT backing tape through the songs and no keyboards?

No, actually I had in mind perhaps a 65.5 million year old plesiosaur doing the beats, a nice karaoke tape playin' through the songs, and Jackie Chan on keyboards.
It's just an idea, you know?  :-D  :smth023 Ahaha.

jbud1980: hearing Homesick would be so lovely. I'm with you on that one!

largeststarintheuniverse

Quote from: Eire on December 10, 2009, 04:55:00
Quote from: largeststarintheuniverse on December 10, 2009, 02:26:10

No, actually I had in mind perhaps a 65.5 million year old plesiosaur doing the beats, a nice karaoke tape playin' through the songs, and Jackie Chan on keyboards.
It's just an idea, you know?  :-D  :smth023 Ahaha.

jbud1980: hearing Homesick would be so lovely. I'm with you on that one!

And I forgot to mention Robert's flat/dull 6-string bass sound of recent years ;-)