Editors live

Started by dsanchez, November 26, 2009, 13:16:40

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Editors is playing next 10 december here in Lisbon as part of their european tour

http://www.editorsofficial.com/live/

Does anyone has seen this band live? I don't know much about them.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on November 26, 2009, 13:16:40
Editors is playing next 10 december here in Lisbon as part of their european tour

http://www.editorsofficial.com/live/

Does anyone has seen this band live? I don't know much about them.

I've seen them.  Like many European bands, they're not nearly as big in the US as they are oversees.  The room I saw them in was a 1500 person club that might have been 2/3 full, consisting of what seemed to be mostly hard-core fans.  Really good show even though I wasn't familiar with the majority of their work.  The atmosphere certainly had a lot to do with it.  Not sure I would have felt the same about the gig had it been in a large theater or arena.   

dsanchez

Thanks for the input.

I think I am going to give it a try. They're going to play in a venue with capacity for about 4000 persons. We will see.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

othervoices

...saw them at Newcastle in October - incredible live band... seeing them again in March 2010.

Their set was a good mix of old and new - the newer electronic stuff fits in well with the guitar led 1st two albums.

Druide

Amazing in live for sure....

Let's go to see them  :smth023
...Dancing in my pocket...

dsanchez

I trust Curefans members advice, so I'm going for the ticket later ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tof

I'm going to see them with DRUIDE in Toulouse.
Tof

dsanchez

Quote from: Tof on December 02, 2009, 15:55:46

:rocker

Editors is next week, but tonight is the turn for Franz Ferdinand, another artist I know almost nothing about! We will see! :rocker

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Druide

You rocks mate !!!

:smth023

crowbi_wan

Enjoy your time in la ville rose. 

The US tour starts in Seattle.  I'd imagine I'll be there and will be pressing the record button.  ;)

crowbi_wan

How have the shows been?  Will be seeing them soon.  :D

Druide

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 24, 2009, 07:16:05

The Toulouse gig was, for me, AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGG. A lot of energy, a very good audience and the last album in live is REALLY goodddd especially Papillon !!!!

Enjoy your concert... :)

nevyn

IF you are recording the concert, are you using Edirol mics?

I hope you'll put online your recording of Editors. I saw them in Poland this year, and although the concert was cut short due to vocalist's voice problems, I really enjoyed it...

crowbi_wan

Quote from: nevyn on December 25, 2009, 02:44:33

IF you are recording the concert, are you using Edirol mics?

I hope you'll put online your recording of Editors. I saw them in Poland this year, and although the concert was cut short due to vocalist's voice problems, I really enjoyed it...

Hi nevyn,

I sold my Edirol a few months ago, but do have some gear to record with.  Certainly I'll be recording for the Seattle show.  Opening night of the US tour I believe.  And it's happening in one of my favorite clubs.  Hopefully the boys will be in good spirits and put on a wonderful show.  The last time they were here was good fun!  Oh, and how about I share that document of the opening gig here as an exclusive on Curefans?   ;)   

nevyn

and what do you generally think about Edirol mics? I found that most of the concert recordings that I enjoyed the most were done with these ;)

As for sharing your recording - what can I say..... :smth023 :D